Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

I don’t think it’s as easy as saying if someone is worth that then this person must be worth this.

Man Utd were possibly the only team in the world that would have paid that fee... although Leicester owners have a lot more money than Bournemouth I would think Leicester could not come anywhere near paying what Bournemouth expect if it’s true what we read about.

Bournemouth asking for that amount is them saying they will not sell him. There’s no chance they’re getting that money unless an overspending team like Man U come in for him.

Not seen a lot of Ake but what I have he has been impressive. A stand out player for them. Seems pacy, decent tackler, cool headed and comfortable on the ball.  Also I believe still only 24? So his age profile fits well with our current recruitment philosophy but not sure we should spend 50M on a centre back at this point in time. 20-25m plus Gray I would not baulk at as that way we get to keep some of the HM cash to strengthen in other areas (another wide forward if we use Gray as part of the deal for Ake)

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Can see this getting done thursday with gray going the other way

You see... There's being optimistic and getting people's hopes up... and then there is unrealistic improbable expectations.

This would be an implausible combination of both. 

3 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Rob Dorsett says Bournemouth want more than £75m, we going to get properly rinsed by any club now. 

TMBFJ.....

Let's look at it this way. Bournemouth conceded 70 goals last season. Yes, you read that right - seventy. Seven-zero. Now if Ake is even half as good as his fanbois in this thread say he is they would probably concede 80+ without him. They'd be mental to sell him. The £75m wouldn't cover the lost Premier League revenue.

It ain't happening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Well done to the club for sanctioning an £80m sale in the final week of the window without lining up a replacement first. Genius.

Or keep a player that doesn't want to be here. We got the best deal possible and if we don't manage to sign anyone, We still have 4 cbs. It's really not the end of the world, the club have done well with the Maguire deal. 

• Like 1

The big difference between us and Manchester United and how we played them like a fiddle, was that we didn't desperately require any quality defenders no matter how ridiculous the asking price, because our defenders aren't made of paper maché.

So Bournemouth may value him at 75million themselves, like we did with our Maguire valuation. But whereas Maguire will improve Man Utd defence 10 fold, so Man Utd were willing to pay the asking price (finally) but would Ake improve us in the same fashion? 

I highly sodding doubt it. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Hmmm can we not just give them Silva, Slimani, Gray, Ghezzal, King and James. Eddie Howe loves signing shit players! 

Yes we can, if we give them 75m as well

• Haha 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Or keep a player that doesn't want to be here. We got the best deal possible and if we don't manage to sign anyone, We still have 4 cbs. It's really not the end of the world, the club have done well with the Maguire deal. 

This. Harry wanted to go. We did the right thing by not standing in his way but still getting top dollar for him, knowing full well he was worth about half what United paid. However, strongly think we do need a replacement but think with three days left, it's asking a bit much to find some of equal ability or better, without the risk of overspending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bezzanator89 said:

This. Harry wanted to go. We did the right thing by not standing in his way but still getting top dollar for him, knowing full well he was worth about half what United paid. However, strongly think we do need a replacement but think with three days left, it's asking a bit much to find some of equal ability or better, without the risk of overspending.

Of course I'd prefer us to sign a replacement now as we just dont know if Benko and Soyuncu are ready to play regularly for us but we absolutely should not get rinsed like United have been. I'd take Cahill for a season as an option them review again in Jan/next summer when prices may be a little more realistic again.