Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I would be shocked if Bournemouth let Ake go. If Man Utd came in for Harry now, we would probably tell them to get lost.

Suppose it depends on how much the player agitates for the move and how much money we offer. I would think that if the money was right and Ake made it clear he'd like to move then the transfer would happen. The last thing Eddie Howe needs going into a new season is his star CB not in the right frame of mind to play, particularly as Bournemouth usually like to get their points on the board early doors as they aren't strong finishers.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Money cannot buy more time though. Bournemouth ain't flush with CBs, Burnley are tight as feck, and their fans love Garlick and are convinced he would sell Tarkowski mind.

Then again, we may have found Gray's best position......on a train to Bournemouth with 30m, sending Ake the other way. Would definitely prefer Ake to Tarks.

• Like 2

Mentioned this on the Lewis Dunk topic ages ago - we're going to struggle to get somebody like Dunk, Tawkowski or Ake for a reasonable price, particularly late on in the window. Everybody knows we've got £80/85 million burning a hole in our pockets and they're not going to let first team regulars go with less than a week before the season starts for anything short of £50m you feel. Even then the prospect of finding a replacement is tough.

I would love Ake but I just cannot see how it happens and, personal bias aside, it is somewhat of a sideways step. Yes we are a 'bigger' club than Bournemouth and we do have a small chance of top 6, but we're hardly lightyears ahead of them. I think Tarkowski is the most likely, given that Burnley love a pound note or two and are seemingly better covered. I don't think he's particularly outstanding and Chelsea are of course unlikely to sell given their constraints, but Zouma wouldn't be a bad option if he were available? Hasn't exaclty been outstanding at Everton, but certainly solid enough at this level. 

• Like 1

Surely if Rogers has always felt we need a replacement given the Maguire saga has been going on so long we have lined someone up and agreed a fee in advance?  We are going to get fleeced if not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Surely if Rogers has always felt we need a replacement given the Maguire saga has been going on so long we have lined someone up and agreed a fee in advance?  We are going to get fleeced if not.

Normal Sky Sports making the path-of-least-resistance conclusions. Ignore it. Only posted it for completeness.

However, those 2 were always likely to be out of reach once we had an idea of how much Maguire was going to go for.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Bournemouth are quite right to value Ake at £75m this late in the window and considering the Maguire fee. No problem with that at all

Ake isn’t fit to lace Slabbers boots.

ridiculous price. Football is done.