Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Having seen this car many times myself, I assure you it’s some poor unaware sod who has no idea their number plate is causing such speculation lol 

Some geezers been smashing out autographs and accepting hand jobs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Leicester fans accusing the "the big boys" of arrogance when it comes to pinching players and with the same straight face saying established PL talents are "not good enough for us" as if we should be signing Van Dijk and those of his ilk.

Psstt... Geoff. 

That's how we establish which are the fans we have with working brains in our ranks, and those that are clearly targeted by tabloid journalism. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Ake is a good player but personally I'd prefer Tarks, with raiding wing backs and screening DM I think more solid and stay at home CHs will fit better.

Disagree, Ake is younger, more mobile, and win possession without diving in... they are both good replacements though, feel we need one rather than going with Wes, Soyunchu and benkovic ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Of the three big money defenders we are linked with in Tarkowski, Dunk and Ake, Ake is for me the best player by a country mile. The other two are good, but would seem like overpriced signings. Ake I could realistically have seen go to Man City this window for 60m! He's good enough to play in the Champions League IMO. Whenever I've seen Bournemouth play, either against us or on the TV, he's always stood out in terms of quality.

I doubt we'd be able to get him, but then again the Tielemans signing has genuinely made me believe anything is possible. They have always shown a big interest in Gray so that could even be a potential bargaining chip to get Ake.

Mate, I'd throw Gray into the mix just cause. He's like our Phil Jones. 

• Haha 1

Just now, LC/FC said:

Mate, I'd throw Gray into the mix just cause. He's like our Phil Jones. 

Mate, he is like our corpse under the patio....

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Disagree, Ake is younger, more mobile, and win possession without diving in... they are both good replacements though, feel we need one rather than going with Wes, Soyunchu and benkovic ...

That's the beauty of football, opinions differ and nobody is wrong!

It will be interesting how this unfolds, in which route the club takes, I'm sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Of the three big money defenders we are linked with in Tarkowski, Dunk and Ake, Ake is for me the best player by a country mile. The other two are good, but would seem like overpriced signings. Ake I could realistically have seen go to Man City this window for 60m! He's good enough to play in the Champions League IMO. Whenever I've seen Bournemouth play, either against us or on the TV, he's always stood out in terms of quality.

I doubt we'd be able to get him, but then again the Tielemans signing has genuinely made me believe anything is possible. They have always shown a big interest in Gray so that could even be a potential bargaining chip to get Ake.

I agree - I've lliked him since I first saw him when he was on loan and he has got better each season.  He was very impressive last season whenever I saw him.  I think he is worth a fair old wedge, he could become a really top player in my opinion.

• Like 1

If we go for Ake and use a player as part of a real, I’d rather we try to punt Ghezzal the other way than Gray.  Would be interesting to see if Gray will respond and improve with Rodgers’ input and coaching.

1 minute ago, car1os said:

If we go for Ake and use a player as part of a real, I’d rather we try to punt Ghezzal the other way than Gray.  Would be interesting to see if Gray will respond and improve with Rodgers’ input and coaching.

Why on Earth would they take Ghezzal over extra cash.

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Clearly Ake would be a good signing. Why would he come? And the price would be eye watering.

Because we are a bigger club than Bournemouth, we have a brand new training ground coming along, we have a bigger and better stadium, we are going to have a better season than Bournemouth and will likely pay better wages. 

• Like 1