Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

Just now, FoxyPalace.com said:

I would of thought £40 Million would get them twitching, they are not a big spending club of late, they need the cash I suspect. 

Offer Gray and cash. 

Can't we offer Gray, Slimani and Ghezzal + 30m?...

• Haha 1

"if Maguire is £70m, then Ake is £85m. I don't think Ake is worth £85m though... in comparison to van dijk (£75m), I would say £60m to £65m is about right. Maguire is a £50m defender." 

One of the Bournemouth fans definitely had a bit too much.

By this logic Ake is worth £95-100million... Even at his lower cost of  £60m, still £20mill way too high 

I’m surprised we have haven’t looked at Mattieus Ginter or Nico Elvedi. As a centre back partnership they only conceded 42 goals last season. I saw them a few times and they both looked decent. 

Tidy defender, not very tall but sharp senses and very rarely injured indicate he looks after himself & is intelligent. Can't see Bournemouth being too keen on letting him go with a week left on the clock. You'd think big money, £50m?

Interestingly Chelsea have a buy back clause but are frozen out of that deal at the moment. If we could pip him now there could be interest in the near future again. He'd be my first choice with Lascelles not far behind if we have to get someone with Premier experience

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"if Maguire is £70m, then Ake is £85m. I don't think Ake is worth £85m though... in comparison to van dijk (£75m), I would say £60m to £65m is about right. Maguire is a £50m defender." 

One of the Bournemouth fans definitely had a bit too much.

By this logic Ake is worth £95-100million... Even at his lower cost of  £60m, still £20mill way too high 

I'm seeing this comparison with the van dijk transfer being commonly used as an argument to why Maguire isn't worth £85m. The £75m van Dijk fee was 18 months ago. How much would he go for now, £120m, £130m, more ?? Makes £85m look like a bargain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was at the Lyon game. Ake played and played well. He has Improved massively the past 12 months, but he’s not the ‘imposing centre half’ a la Dunk. He’d be a great acquisition mind.

12 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Stand out player from a drab bournemouth side, he's going to be class for man city

Not drab. King and Wilson first rate. Fraser good on hid day too. Billings will flourish at Bournemouth.

• Like 1

If the club feel a Maguire replacement is needed, Ake is by far my preferred option of the 3 Premier league options being bandied about. 

Quick, calm in possession, gets the occasional goal and very rarely makes individual errors. Natural left footer too. 

I know swap deals rarely happen but if Gray still interests Bournemouth that might be a sweetener for them, especially if Fraser looks like he is running his contract down. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3