Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

20 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

818199BC-3FC3-4974-BE41-0F1FDD41B7C5.thumb.png.9b1f9e941e6c80d6d68ba92bcb10fac9.pngAnyone see this on the Facebook page the other week?

I'm pretty sure I've seen that car around Leicester before, I work in the motor trade and have a useless, strange talent for remembering reg numbers :)

Plus it's a 2015 land rover with 104000 miles on it, not exactly a footballers car

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Bournemouth were crap when we played them at home last season but Ake was fantastic - It felt as though it was a one man resistance at one point. 

He is definately the best of the defenders we appear to be comtemplating and at 24 years of age he absolutely fits our team profile. 

Gerrimmin 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 2

He’s spent a couple of years playing for a manager who doesn’t know the first thing about defending, as part of one of the worst defences I’ve seen in recent prem history. 

He might well be good individually but id rather go for Tarkowski who has been learning from a great defensive coach in a team that doesn’t concede many. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

He’s spent a couple of years playing for a manager who doesn’t know the first thing about defending, as part of one of the worst defences I’ve seen in recent prem history. 

He might well be good individually but id rather go for Tarkowski who has been learning from a great defensive coach in a team that doesn’t concede many. 

But it's clear that our game plan under Rodgers is not based on defending.

Pre season has shown us that we'll press high and try to win games by out scoring the opposition, so we'll need a defender who's comfortable with the ball at his feet, who can bring the ball out of defense and push the opposition midfield back

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

I agree with the consensus that he's the best option. However, Bournemouth don't need the money so I'd bet he'd cost us north of £60m. Not saying we shouldn't pay that, more that we will end up being squeezed this late on in the window.