Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

4 hours ago, 09bballer said:

It's a shame we're not building it during this enforced break!!

Inclined to agree, and also with red5 that it's 6 years later than it should have been.

But I guess businesses need more certainty before they commit themselves to projects.

Speaking of which, do you think that the whole uncertainty caused by this virus situation (after all, no-one can predict with any certainty what football is going to look like in the future, or when) will delay rather than spur on the new stadium plans?

Not too sure what stage we’re at but are we likely to have any problems in the planning application? 

Forest have had to delay their expansion for a year which was due to start in the summer due to complaints from locals on the planning application, nice they might not complete their expansion first but had me thinking is there any chance we’ll run into the same problems? 

Tourism in Thialand is currently massively down so King Power revenues will be falling, as other companies around the world they will probably put on hold new

capital projects until this situation is resolved.  

Edited by Omnisys

35 minutes ago, Omnisys said:

Tourism in Thialand is currently massively down so King Power revenues will be falling, as other companies around the world they will probably put on hold new

Just as well this didn't happen last year as Seagrave might not have gone ahead. Just hope that it gets finished given the likely staff and material shortages. 

7 hours ago, Omnisys said:

Stadium expansion won't be affected by the global economic slowdown and share price declines because the stadium works are covered under a loan already taken out to do it. 

11 hours ago, Yes said:

Not too sure what stage we’re at but are we likely to have any problems in the planning application? 

Forest have had to delay their expansion for a year which was due to start in the summer due to complaints from locals on the planning application, nice they might not complete their expansion first but had me thinking is there any chance we’ll run into the same 

I dont know too much about the issue with forest but that doesnt make sense. Local residents and adjoining    neighbours have their say over a planning application at the request of the local authority. Once all issues have been ironed out and residents concerns dealt with will an application be granted. Once its granted that's it, end of and build away.  

Forest might have given a preferred start date for construction, but it's a gamble doing that without receiving planning consent first 

40 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I dont know too much about the issue with forest but that doesnt make sense. Local residents and adjoining    neighbours have their say over a planning application at the request of the local authority. Once all issues have been ironed out and residents concerns dealt with will an application be granted. Once its granted that's it, end of and build away.  

Forest might have given a preferred start date for construction, but it's a gamble doing that without receiving planning consent first 

I’m not sure either, saw it on Twitter and their fans seem to think the delay is down to complaints from locals and I wasn’t sure if we would encounter similar problems, this is from their club website. 

“The club had planned that major construction work would begin in May this year, however due to delays in the planning process the club is not in a position to start the development at the end of the current season. As a result the club has made the decision to allow season card holders in the Peter Taylor Stand the chance to renew their seat.“

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2020 at 06:41, 09bballer said:

It's a shame we're not building it during this enforced break!!

With it looking increasingly likely that football will have to be played behind closed doors, as mass gatherings will be along time away (maybe until a vaccine is found!) the club should utilise the time to build the extension, whilst the fans stay away

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

With it looking increasingly likely that football will have to be played behind closed doors, as mass gatherings will be along time away (maybe until a vaccine is found!) the club should utilise the time to build the extension, whilst the fans stay away

Obviously, this is unrealistic, as the uncertainty of when spectators will be allowed back in would probably mean the expansion won’t happen, until things are settled.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2020 at 08:45, Bayfox said:

We have hand driers in the toilets?

You must be in the posh seats. We get paper towel.

Hot water would be a start in SK1. I could understand the cold water when we were in league 1 but cant fathom why we dont have in now. Still a lot of dirty cookers dont bother washing their hands anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Hot water would be a start in SK1. I could understand the cold water when we were in league 1 but cant fathom why we dont have in now. Still a lot of dirty cookers dont bother washing their hands anyway.

At what point do you tip the guy that hands you the towel and the mints, etc? Every time? 2nd visit? I'm never sure...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Obviously, this is unrealistic, as the uncertainty of when spectators will be allowed back in would probably mean the expansion won’t happen, until things are settled.

Would be interesting to see the financial implications of doing it now - if fans weren't let back in for another year (:nigel:) it would at least return a massive boost when the stadium can be filled. It's a big gamble, though I'm sure KP would be able to afford the risk. They could probably get away with selling hospitality boxes under strict conditions and give free tickets to NHS/key workers for a while.

Either way, at least we didn't spend a billion quid on a brand new stadium that we're not allowed to fill - that would have been unlucky.

On 20/03/2020 at 23:15, UHDrive said:

Stadium expansion won't be affected by the global economic slowdown and share price declines because the stadium works are covered under a loan already taken out to do it. 

It will be affected by uncertainty about how and when stadiums might reopen to fans and the state of fans buying power by that point though.

On 21/03/2020 at 00:13, Yes said:

I’m not sure either, saw it on Twitter and their fans seem to think the delay is down to complaints from locals and I wasn’t sure if we would encounter similar problems, this is from their club website. 

“The club had planned that major construction work would begin in May this year, however due to delays in the planning process the club is not in a position to start the development at the end of the current season. As a result the club has made the decision to allow season card holders in the Peter Taylor Stand the chance to renew their seat.“

For half a second I read that like we were calling one of our stands the Peter Taylor stand :nigel:

Was about to march over to the kp with a pitchfork!

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

From a club perspective it’s a pity we weren’t ahead of the curve on the expansion. A lot of clubs in Europe are taking the opportunity to continue with stadium improvements and I imagine it’s moving at a quicker pace because of the lack of interruptions for games etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

From a club perspective it’s a pity we weren’t ahead of the curve on the expansion. A lot of clubs in Europe are taking the opportunity to continue with stadium improvements and I imagine it’s moving at a quicker pace because of the lack of interruptions for games etc 

This next 12 month period is the best chance to get undisrupted construction going on a football stadium with no fans allowed in. Obviously there are more health and safety legislations for the construction industry but it's all manageable. If it can be ready for mid 2021 then the club would be laughing. Sellouts guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This next 12 month period is the best chance to get undisrupted construction going on a football stadium with no fans allowed in. Obviously there are more health and safety legislations for the construction industry but it's all manageable. If it can be ready for mid 2021 then the club would be laughing. Sellouts guaranteed.

Exactly, obviously health is paramount, but it could be dealt with.

• 3 weeks later...

My sense of direction, geography and history aren't great, so please help me out. Is the line that runs near the stadium part of the Ivanhoe Line, or would it need to be an offshoot to be included in this process? My understanding is that the Ivanhoe Line runs north from Leicester - have I misunderstood?

42 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My sense of direction, geography and history aren't great, so please help me out. Is the line that runs near the stadium part of the Ivanhoe Line, or would it need to be an offshoot to be included in this process? My understanding is that the Ivanhoe Line runs north from Leicester - have I misunderstood?

The part of the Ivanhoe line running now is from North of Leicester to Leicester train station.  But the original plans were for it to run to Burton .

Good news about the train line. 

The economic prospects atm makes me think we shouldn't rush into this expansion. We don't know badly the owners have been affected and if they are to show every game on TV that only hastens the time when that becomes the norm, which is bound to affect the gate eventually. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's the line which runs near the stadium, according to this. A station would need adding near the KP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester–Burton_upon_Trent_line

• Thanks 1