Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

I remember as a 13 year old getting on to the pitch to celebrate after the match, I think everyone did that day!

I was there and it was brilliant. 

Loads on the pitch and this inflatable dinosaur kept getting bounced about over everyone's head. 

A right laugh👍

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I was there and it was brilliant. 

Loads on the pitch and this inflatable dinosaur kept getting bounced about over everyone's head. 

A right laugh👍

Yea terrible way to treat the birch.

The type of expansion I'd expect the family to go for would be major. Not the 'stick a tier on top like Cardiff did' cheapjack design  

And any major overhaul would see us playing at least a year away from the KP. The Ricoh being the most likely option. Maybe even MK. 

This, of course, may actually have the added effect of widening our catchment area

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The type of expansion I'd expect the family to go for would be major. Not the 'stick a tier on top like Cardiff did' cheapjack design  

And any major overhaul would see us playing at least a year away from the KP. The Ricoh being the most likely option. Maybe even MK. 

This, of course, may actually have the added effect of widening our catchment area

We play at the ricoh and cov dont that would be a face slap for our friends down the m69.

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

If we did have to move out of the KP for a bit, would Welford rd. be an option? We don't play home games on the same day as the egg chasers as it is, anyway. It has a 26k capacity now.

We might not have to move out. We might be able to build behind the current stand during the season, and then finish the work during the off season, playing only away at the end of one season and the beginning of the next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

If we did have to move out of the KP for a bit, would Welford rd. be an option? We don't play home games on the same day as the egg chasers as it is, anyway. It has a 26k capacity now.

We might not have to move out. We might be able to build behind the current stand during the season, and then finish the work during the off season, playing only away at the end of one season and the beginning of the next.

The Tigers' pitch looks way way too small to me. Plus I guess there are the changing rooms, which are famously a disgrace - part of the manly, no frills, rugger culture 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Fulham FAC replay ......I’m pretty sure it was 41 .......i didn’t count them .....

actually it was 37!

saw we had 43 against arsenal in the cup following year though ....

There were some fantastic gates in those days, particularly for FA Cup matches but time sometimes clouds the memory.

The last time we had over 40k in Filbert Street was against Arsenal for an FA Cup match in 1971.

There was an attendance of 39k in 1975 for an FA Cup replay, also against Arsenal. This is probably the match you are referring to.

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The pitch at the Ricoh rugby ground wouldn't be good enough for Premier League football. Having fatties rucking and mauling (or whatever it is they do) on it every other week does not make for a good playing surface. 

Just hope the Snotts F stadium doesn't get considered. 

Would we actually need to move? Away fans allocation can be drastically reduced and the rest of us could shove up a bit. 

23 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

There were some fantastic gates in those days, particularly for FA Cup matches but time sometimes clouds the memory.

The last time we had over 40k in Filbert Street was against Arsenal for an FA Cup match in 1971.

There was an attendance of 39k in 1975 for an FA Cup replay, also against Arsenal. This is probably the match you are referring to.

Is Wikipedia wrong then ??

it says 43 for the 75 game 

48K is a massive number. Even if all the current members (10-12K ish I believe and won't happen anyway), bought STs, that would leave 9K matchday tickets every week allowing 3K for away fans. 

Matchday pricing will need to be looked at to shift that many especially against the poorer opposition, but it's better to have the capacity than not imo. 

Also in the future any standing areas could potentially increase in capacity by up to 60% which could nudge us closer to 50K.

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is Wikipedia wrong then ??

it says 43 for the 75 game 

43 at arsenal, two replays at filbo 35 and about 39 thousand.  The arsenal game with 42000 was early 70s  at filbo.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Personally think coppers would stop any move to Ricoh or MK. No direct transport links. Hence in Coventry’s case, flashpoints with trouble. 

50 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Pitch is too small, it’s not even to advise international rugby standards 

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

48K is a massive number. Even if all the current members (10-12K ish I believe and won't happen anyway), bought STs, that would leave 9K matchday tickets every week allowing 3K for away fans. 

Matchday pricing will need to be looked at to shift that many especially against the poorer opposition, but it's better to have the capacity than not imo. 

Also in the future any standing areas could potentially increase in capacity by up to 60% which could nudge us closer to 50K.

It's a good point about ticket pricing- it will probably force the club to do cheap ticket deals for the likes of Burnley at home to fill the seats, which can only be a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's a good point about ticket pricing- it will probably force the club to do cheap ticket deals for the likes of Burnley at home to fill the seats, which can only be a good thing. 

I don't think there'd be may shame in having the higher sections unused / covered over for the non major matches. So a flexible capacity of say 40k for the std matches and 48k for the premium