Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Pointed out by many many people that his natural role is obviously as a 10. His lack of any pace or strength doesnt matter here and he can do what he does best in the middle.

Fans couldnt possibly have a correct opinion about a player that the manager doesnt seem to notice though :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Fantastic today. No coincidence it was at 10. His pressing, tracking back and link play was brilliant. Especially after being out injured and taking a knock. Great finish for his goal. 

Unlucky with the header too. His passing and creativity was impressive all game. 

• Like 1

Not taking anything away from Perez and Iheanacho but Sheffield United are quite possibly the worst ever team we've faced in the Premier League. But this can be a great confidence booster for both, especially Perez.

• Like 1

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

No more wasting the bloke out on the wing where he has no attributes to play there, he is a number 10 who plays best centrally behind the striker. Going forward hopefully he can be in a rotation with Maddison 

This. 

As a second choice to Maddison its as good as we can get imo. I said similar about Kelechi a few weeks ago when there was this huge outcry for a 2nd striker when Vardy is out. 

Contributed well overall today.  Hopefully, we will see some consistency.  

There was a moment when I found myself whining, 'Perez' in the first half when he played a short square ball to a defender to break up our attack.

Shortly after, he started contributing well.  Long-term, we can get better quality; short-term if he plays like he did today, he will be useful.

Classic Perez; some really good bits and really poor bits. Particularly an incredibly easy pass to Vardy that he somehow overhit and let the defender get back in.

But, fantastic finish and involved in some very nice link play. Sadly, I think that's his best position. Not as a 10 behind a lone front man but as a 10 behind the 2 so he's got more opportunity to drift into little pockets of space which we won't get in any other formation. 

Nonetheless, great to have him back at the moment.

• Like 1

I can't remember a more lightweight player we've had in the last decade. Mahrez was pretty lightweight but Mahrez would quite easily out-muscle Perez. 

Best system for him is 3-4-1-2 as proven today.

Yes, the opposition were extremely poor, but he’s better on the turn, and in the pockets behind their midfield.

Out wide he’s wasted and he’s far too lightweight and slow to be a no9. 

As a 10, his quality shines through.