Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

10 minutes ago, Eskay said:

He actually put himself about a bit today and tracked back. There was one really meaty challenge where I was convinced it wasn't him! 

Haha yeah that was great to see. Of course he then got completely bullied about a minute later :D

Great finish today and great pass in the build up to the first goal. We’ll need him to play like that in the run in and at his best he can get on the ball and help our attacking game. Vardy, Kel and Perez looked good as a trio (caveat that the Blades were abysmal).

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I can't remember a more lightweight player we've had in the last decade. Mahrez was pretty lightweight but Mahrez would quite easily out-muscle Perez. 

He posted a pic to twitter the other day and it definitely looks like he is putting serious effort into bulking up but yeah  you're not wrong. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some reluctant credit being handed out here today to the main scapegoat.

I don’t get this post. I’ve been critical of his past performances but will be over the moon if he starts playing more often like he did yesterday

• Like 3

People really reluctant to praise, its quite hilarious! lol

If you are quick to condemn, you should be equally as rapid to praise, and that does not have to mean doing so through gritted teeth  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People really reluctant to praise, its quite hilarious! lol

If you are quick to condemn, you should be equally as rapid to praise, and that does not have to mean doing so through gritted teeth  

I thought many recognised in the post match thread how well he played yesterday. It is a shame we haven’t seen that more often but hopefully yesterday will kickstart a good run in the team on merit. I’m not sure if he benefitted from having two strikers ahead of him or whether it was something else but he certainly showed what he is capable of 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I thought many recognised in the post match thread how well he played yesterday. It is a shame we haven’t seen that more often but hopefully yesterday will kickstart a good run in the team on merit. I’m not sure if he benefitted from having two strikers ahead of him or whether it was something else but he certainly showed what he is capable of 

I think having the two strikers definitely helped, and I also suspect that the formation yesterday will become more frequent, even once more players return from injury. 

5, 3 at the back certainly worked against poor opposition, but maybe a flat 4 against better opposition?  :dunno:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think having the two strikers definitely helped, and I also suspect that the formation yesterday will become more frequent, even once more players return from injury. 

5, 3 at the back certainly worked against poor opposition, but maybe a flat 4 against better opposition?  :dunno:

It's worked but it's not been convincing (yesterday aside)

Castagne and Ricardo have basically been non-existant and the back 3 look very uncomfortable. We struggle to create much going forwards becase we're trying to go through the middle. It doesn't even make us look more solid, we were fortunate not to concede 3 or 4 against Burnley and Brighton.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some reluctant credit being handed out here today to the main scapegoat.

Your told you so posts are tiresome mate. He’s not been made a scapegoat he’s come in for some criticism and rightly so. His output this season in the main has been woeful. Yesterday he was excellent and rightly praised.

They were diabolical though and one of the worst teams I’ve seen down here for sometime, let’s hope it wasn’t a one off and he can step up against the better sides in Maddison’s absence 💙🦊

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Your told you so posts are tiresome mate. He’s not been made a scapegoat he’s come in for some criticism and rightly so. His output this season in the main has been woeful. Yesterday he was excellent and rightly praised.

They were diabolical though and one of the worst teams I’ve seen down here for sometime, let’s hope it wasn’t a one off and he can step up against the better sides in Maddison’s absence 💙🦊

A sense of balance would be good, as he gets dogs abuse when he is bad, and a subtle, slightly begrudging doffing of the hat when he does well, that's all. Anyway, we won 5-0 so who gives a ****.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's worked but it's not been convincing (yesterday aside)

Castagne and Ricardo have basically been non-existant and the back 3 look very uncomfortable. We struggle to create much going forwards becase we're trying to go through the middle. It doesn't even make us look more solid, we were fortunate not to concede 3 or 4 against Burnley and Brighton.

Yes, maybe it will improve with more time, maybe its not suitable for some games, but it was a formation we could play with the personnel available, until recently at least. Seems like it will work against the fodder as we get more bodies up the pitch   :dunno:

One swallow does not make a summer…

Was wonderful yesterday, but, this has to be followed up with other strong performances…

He has the ability which was shown clearly yesterday…. Loved that slide rule pass to Vardy to assist for the first goal (was the trickiest part to execute from the four players involved)

Lets see it again next week and then in following games please :-) !!!

Interesting interview with him on the official site. Seems like he pushed himself through the pain barrier to play in the team, and talks about playing centrally as opposed to wide. 

"We created a lot of chances. It could have been more goals, but it's a positive performance for us.

"Being central as a no.10, you get chances to either assist or score goals. You are closer to the box. You're in a position where you are important in that link-up with the strikers. It's a position I have played many times and a position where I feel very comfortable."

It went in and I'm pleased and very happy to score again and to be back with the boys. I pushed myself to be available today because of the injury, I knew I wasn't 100 per cent, but I had to be on the pitch and help my team-mates.

"I tried to find the far post, it got a little deflection, which helped it a little bit, but obviously the intention was to find the far post," he explained.

"It went in and I'm pleased and very happy to score again and to be back with the boys. I pushed myself to be available today because of the injury, I knew I wasn't 100 per cent, but I had to be on the pitch and help my team-mates.

"We're in a great position and we are fighting and pushing to stay there."