Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He is a valid alternative forward

He is never ever going to do the same job as Vardy

But Ayoze is a canny technical player and can link forward runs

• Like 3

Solid squad player who excels in close control and quick flicks, will always be let down by his desire to drop to floor whenever it gets physical. Never gonna be a lone striker considering he's got all the strength and pace of a toddler.

Probably one of the few mistakes we've made in the transfer market in recent seasons, he's an average player signed at an above average price. It's not Perez's fault we paid £30 million for him though so I have absolutely no issues with him. He's been exactly what me and many others probably expected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 09:16, Collymore said:

I think at the time £30m bought you a 6-10 goal a season man which Perez is. Just look at Joelinton who cost Newcastle £40m! It could be worse!

We did not pay 30m for him. If he hits every metric it'll rise to that, but unlikely. Newcastle were very keen that narrative was out there in the media - it was 16m up front with add ons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Certainly impacted both games positively for me, great to see.

I think, arguably, since he's been back part of the squad after seemingly disappearing without a trace for a while, we're seeing some of his best performances in a Leicester shirt, albeit from the bench. He's a very technically gifted player and I think his price tag makes him a scapegoat for many.

No he's not a £30million player, but the price tag isn't his fault. But he is great to have around the squad and allows us to change our dynamic a little. He's a bit like James Justin but in attack. Can play left, right or central, up top or just behind. I'm certain that if he cost even half of what he did, he wouldn't get as much stick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We did not pay 30m for him. If he hits every metric it'll rise to that, but unlikely. Newcastle were very keen that narrative was out there in the media - it was 16m up front with add ons.

Ahh thanks, even better value then. 

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Decent showings against Southampton and Chelsea for me.

He hasn't hit the heights expected but he's a very decent squad player to call upon.

I think he is a very good player. He just hasn’t hit the “heights expected” because he only gets the odd minutes here and there unlike favourite sons like Maddison and previously Chilwell who are automatically on teamsheet regardless.

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I think he is a very good player. He just hasn’t hit the “heights expected” because he only gets the odd minutes here and there unlike favourite sons like Maddison and previously Chilwell who are automatically on teamsheet regardless.

It's certainly not for only having the 'odd minutes' here and there, did you miss last season, he started and played a huge number of games and had ample opportunity to impress and didn't. Rodgers has been extremely fair with him. Also, the reason Maddison is playing is not because he's a 'favourite son' as you put it, it's simply because he's a far superior player. There would be a host of other Premiership teams that would want to sign Maddison at the right price if they could, but I can't think of one that would realistically want to buy Perez as I don't think he'd be that much of an improvement on what even West Brom or Sheffield United have.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You got the source for that? First I've ever heard of it being 16 million up front. Weird for a buy out clause to have those kind of installments/bonuses added in I'd have thought.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You got the source for that? First I've ever heard of it being 16 million up front. Weird for a buy out clause to have those kind of installments/bonuses added in I'd have thought.

I don't know if it's accurate, but it's certainly something discussed on FT before.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I remember when the deal was announced Percy’s initial report said fee of £16m. He changed it very soon after. He may have known something but was told to change it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't know if it's accurate, but it's certainly something discussed on FT before.

I've google Perez Leicester 30 million and Perez Leicester 16 million.

The first search returned results from well known outlets. The second search returned results from some little home made blog websites :D

So I'll stick with 30 till I see something a bit more reputable

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I've google Perez Leicester 30 million and Perez Leicester 16 million.

The first search returned results from well known outlets. The second search returned results from some little home made blog websites :D

So I'll stick with 30 till I see something a bit more reputable

Fair enough - however, I suspect most deals have complexities to them that we never find out. A large one-figure headline will inevitably grab more attention.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fair enough - however, I suspect most deals have complexities to them that we never find out. A large one-figure headline will inevitably grab more attention.

Common practice for a fee to be quoted as such in the media to make a selling club look more flush / skint. For Newcastle they wanted to look like they got a decent fee off us given it was bad news for them.

• Like 1

Contributes very little in most the matches I've seen him play in. BR still trying to shoehorn him into the team and give him chances. 

If he had some pace or held the ball up, then at least he could have an outlet. Nacho in general holds the ball up better but both are low on confidence.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people have forgotten how to judge any striker that isn't lighting fast and plays on the shoulder. The team will need to adjust whilst Vardy is out and some fans might need to adapt to a different type of football too! Perez is a downgrade but still very useful.

• Like 2