Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

33 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Soyuncu is quality, however I did have doubts about him as I think most of us did, I think we were all proved wrong 

Not all......some also advocated give him and Benko a chance before spunking the Dunk.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Shout out to all the Soyuncu fans from day one, we had to take some shit thrown at us left, right and centre last season and all summer. But now we PARTY.

For now we enjoy it.:beer:  But as we know 'everyone makes mistakes'. The neg heads will be back at the slightest provocation.

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Might seem a bit early to even be joking about this, but I don't think it's a ridiculous thing to say.

I honestly don't think we're any weaker defensively now, and there are areas where Soyuncu is clearly the better player. He's also younger and has more potential.

£80m in the bank, cleared Soyuncu's path to the first team, and didn't waste a penny on a vastly overpriced replacement. That transfer business couldn't have gone any better.

What was our net spend last summer? Top must be smiling. Love having ammo in reserve.

16 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Might seem a bit early to even be joking about this, but I don't think it's a ridiculous thing to say.

I honestly don't think we're any weaker defensively now, and there are areas where Soyuncu is clearly the better player. He's also younger and has more potential.

£80m in the bank, cleared Soyuncu's path to the first team, and didn't waste a penny on a vastly overpriced replacement. That transfer business couldn't have gone any better.

I wasn't joking really. 

Since the start of the season he has looked composed and strong. 

He is quicker than Maguire and he don't look to run down the left wing 3 times a match. 

It's also a bit scary he isn't the finished article yet, I believe if he carries on like he is doing and his confidence stays high, he will be one of the best defenders around. 

Edited by Cujek
Missing word

Only played 4 games so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, but he does look promising. Got to remember he was getting exposed at sheffield utd before Wes came on, but he’s a young lad and is learning on the job. Really like him, but comments saying he’s better than Maguire (after 4 games) come on now.

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Only played 4 games so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, but he does look promising. Got to remember he was getting exposed at sheffield utd before Wes came on, but he’s a young lad and is learning on the job. Really like him, but comments saying he’s better than Maguire (after 4 games) come on now.

I think he is better than Maguire at ball recovery, tackling and finally being able to play a defensive high line. I would also say he is better at Maguire at manouvering out of pressured situations, the amount of times Maguire gets caught out for club and country is too much, especially with no pace to get back.

Maguire is still a phenomenon at defending and attacking set pieces, as well as crosses and for that we will miss his presence and be more vulnerable. He was also exceptional at taking the ball up pitch.

All in all what we've gained from Soyuncu in being able to play against teams that are fast and direct we are maybe lacking in dealing with physical teams who overload us at set pieces and crossing. Overall I think we won't concede many more goals than last season so thank you very much for the £80 million. It's Cags world and we're all living in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he is better than Maguire at ball recovery, tackling and finally being able to play a defensive high line. I would also say he is better at Maguire at manouvering out of pressured situations, the amount of times Maguire gets caught out for club and country is too much, especially with no pace to get back.

Maguire is still a phenomenon at defending and attacking set pieces, as well as crosses and for that we will miss his presence and be more vulnerable. He was also exceptional at taking the ball up pitch.

All in all what we've gained from Soyuncu in being able to play against teams that are fast and direct we are maybe lacking in dealing with physical teams who overload us at set pieces and crossing. Overall I think we won't concede many more goals than last season so thank you very much for the £80 million. It's Cags world and we're all living in it.

I’ll revisit the comparison in about 10-12 games and hopefully his form remains as strong as it has been so far. Got to admit, im surprised at how effortless it has been for him to come into the side. Brendan said he knew after the Huddersfield game last year that Soyuncu was ready. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Soyuncu is quality, however I did have doubts about him as I think most of us did, I think we were all proved wrong 

I Never had doubts....For me,it was give the guy a chance,then roll with it.

Same with Choudry....in fact all players..!!!

The difference is, I dont look towards the negatives...first we invest in a player,either through developement,or transfer.

Then first as a supporter you sit back,'support & encourage'. Don't dysect every mistake and over Analyse normal play.

CBs,midfielders,by nature of the beast, make mistakes,like forward Dont convert every single easy chance...

too many poster,look too deep for gameday slips, and forget to see a players general play & movement...Then create running issues,that really dont exsist.

The idea is to enjoy,be entertained.I dont follow Football to be miserable,und prove what a great hard nosed pundit I am ,

I'd rather give new &  young players,time, space & patience..

Sometimes I Stick my neck out, but more  on the positive....I created One Topic on Cagler,implying he will Surprise some,and succeed as  a Quality PL CB.

It is still too early to see if he can build on this start,but like anybody in life,they dont need people,ready to spring on every ones of their misendeamours,or small mistakes...Then miss out on their shades of positive ,even excellent gameday moments..!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I absolutely agree. However, this forum, and indeed life, have shown me that minds don't get changed by pointing facts out to them. 

Not immediately I would agree. However, facts nestle in your brain like worms and eat their way into your thoughts in the days, weeks, months that follow. They help some of us to evolve our thoughts. Of course others are content to wander around half asleep being told what to think and what to pay attention to. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not immediately I would agree. However, facts nestle in your brain like worms and eat their way into your thoughts in the days, weeks, months that follow. They help some of us to evolve our thoughts. Of course others are content to wander around half asleep being told what to think and what to pay attention to. 

Also agree. But I'm learning that goading people with it doesn't work. 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Also agree. But I'm learning that goading people with it doesn't work. 

Ahh, no, that is different and usually leads to switching off and ignoring. Cold, hard facts though are indeed brain worms, although a modicum of intelligence is usually required for them to thrive. 

On 31/08/2019 at 18:08, StriderHiryu said:

I think you two have summed the guy up with two great quotes. @Bert's observations are exactly why @LinekersLugs comparison to Maldini is not as outlandish as it might seem. Obviously Maldini was one of the greatest ever defenders of all time who was world class as either a Left Back or a Centre Back. Maldini had the ability to read the danger way ahead of time, made the right challenges and then dealt with it superbly once he had seen the danger out. He had such good anticipation that he made it look effortless at times.

I think just to reign it a little bit, Soyuncu makes two mistakes for Wilson's goal. One he didn't follow him, which I can let him off because we largely play zonal marking under Rodgers, and two, once Wilson shot I felt like Soyuncu could have got to it, or at least should have tried to even if he ended kicking it in himself. But still it's not like he was the only at fault, and the rest of his performance was truly superb, and he came back from that mistake very well. I think in situations like this he just needs to make a better decision ahead of time. Prior to that, he was doing a fantastic job on WIlson because he was following him about, but the one time he didn't, Wilson scored! Yes following him would have put him out of position, but the hesitancy gave him the opportunity to shoot.

Anyway that's harsh to dwell on that, for me he was our second best player after Vardy today. Colossal performance.

Soyuncu was too deep for their goal for sure. He’s been very consistent so far in every game this season though. With a long run of games he will get better and his understanding with the back line will do as well. 

With the way he’s performing it makes it even sweeter that we’ve got £85m for Maguire and not panic brought Dunk/Tarkowski for an over inflated price. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

What people need to realise is - no one had seen what he could do. Hardly anyone could tell us what he was about before he signed here. He never had a consistent run of games in the side last season. He’s a solid centre half with a smooth aura about him. There’ll be times over the season he might make a mistake doing what he does but there will be plenty of times when he’s defended out of his skin to prevent a goal. 

• Like 1