Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

He and Evans are a great partnership. Maguire is a classy player - let's give him his dues - but there is a combined grit, determination and togetherness about these two that is not that dissimilar from the title-winning Huth-Morgan combo.

And as an added bonus Soyuncu has that extra bit of crowd-pleasing swagger about him. That last-minute run will go down in City legend.

• Like 1

Just posted this on the post-match, but figured worth a shot here too.

Does anyone have a .gif of the moment that Soyuncu killed a spurs player? I don't know if I imagined it, but I'm sure there was a moment in the first half where did some silky skills near our own goal, and the spurs player was left for dead and fell over.

26 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Does anyone have a .gif of the moment that Soyuncu killed a spurs player? I don't know if I imagined it, but I'm sure there was a moment in the first half where did some silky skills near our own goal, and the spurs player was left for dead and fell over.

Think it was Ndombele, looked like he might have got injured in the process at the time lol.

46 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

starts at 0:22 in the video below... enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It was that last tackle and charge up the pitch, one of the best moments of the match. Last 30 seconds killed off without any chance of Spurs getting the ball in the box

He is just brilliant, and will only get better with experience

Yep, absolutely superb. 

I know it's been said several times, including from myself, but he is just so composed and confident on the ball. I love it. We thought Maguire was confident but Soyuncu is just next level. The shoulder-dropping, side-stepping in our own box, hoofing it out when necessary, running out of the box with the ball, dominating aerially. He really does have it all.

And he's only 23!!!!

3 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

That Kung fu clearance in the first half was special. This guy is fantastic.

Loved that. 

4 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Lovely stuff. A centre-back causing ankle-breakers lol 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

He definitely needs someone like Evans playing along side him, a bit like when Huth helped Morgan so much. 

2:00 shows how important Evans is along side him - you can see Evans anticipate Soy might need a hand he clears the danger - they both compliment other so well. 

Thought Evans was amazing again today, we're so lucky to have him. 

• Like 1

Brilliant today but was to blame for Kanes opener.... Has a temptation to go for balls he's not entitled to go for which leaves him out of position.... By the time he got back to Kane he could only push him which helped him score. Don't get me wrong though the guys been immense but he just needs to work on his decision making when the balls come into our half