Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

What is seriously impressive is the timing and execution of his tackles. Virtually all where timed to nick the ball without taking the man- see the first goal build-up when he tackled Wilson. Often you'd see a defender try and hook it or nudge in the back- Soyuncu waited for the gap to take it.

Really impressed in these four games.

44 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

I have to say credit to our fans for the way they’ve responded to him this season. 

Collectively, it’s safe to say we were all worried about selling Harry and replacing him with someone unproven at this level, but from the very first minute against Wolves Caglar has received so much love from the stands.

Almost every tackle, pass and header receives a cheer/applause, which I’m sure has helped him to settle. 

It’s amazing what can happen when you offer a bit of encouragement and don’t boo your own players - who knew. 

100% I think this has helped give him confidence and I reckon he'll get better and better.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FoxesFan100 said:

Totally agree with all you've said.

I did note for the Wilson goal that it looked like he tried to step up and almost catch him offside, just didn't work. 

I can honestly say that Soyuncu has been a revelation and one player who has proved and is continuing to prove doubters wrong (I too was sceptical of his abilities). That being said, with his play style and skills with the ball I think we will see some disastrous moments but that's part of how he plays, he brings excitement in all he does... according to the guy from Gladiator, are you not entertained? 

Naturally with a ball playing centre back you’ll get errors, midfielders lose the ball and there’s another layer to breach, defence... well you know. I think the goal was more of a defensive unit stepping up, and they caught us napping.

He is great entertainment, but I do think his bullish attitude helps him keep the mistakes out of his game..... for now anyway! 

I don't want to get ahead of myself but...What a seriously good player.  Still a lot to learn but he has improved a great deal under Rogers already.  Aggressive, decent on the ball, composed, strong.  Really looking forward to how he develops further.  Evans is obviously having a big impact on him also.  It's a 'yes' from me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Can you please post the gif on reddit? I want to make fun of United fans under it

Sure thing lol but it will a bit later as I’m

out at the moment. I’ll try and do it with my phone but attaching / linking gifs with a phone is more painful than Lerma’s tackle on Evans!

EDIT: think I’ve done it, search reddit soccer for Soyuncu.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 1

You have to pat the hierarchy at the club on the back for identifying both Benkovic and Caglar in readiness to replace Maguire and Evans. Its such intelligent business from our lot and although Caglar may have got into the first team a little earlier than anticipated, its proven to be cracking business. I really hope we continue to identify young players with high potential like Caglar.

Just now, Analysethis said:

You have to pat the hierarchy at the club on the back for identifying both Benkovic and Caglar in readiness to replace Maguire and Evans. Its such intelligent business from our lot and although Caglar may have got into the first team a little earlier than anticipated, its proven to be cracking business. I really hope we continue to identify young players with high potential like Caglar.

I think we'll start to see much more of Benkovic as the season goes on. In 2 games now, we've brought on a 5th defender. Defending a lead and you bring on a 6'4 beast to sit in between Cags and Evans and behind Ndidi/Hamza.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think we'll start to see much more of Benkovic as the season goes on. In 2 games now, we've brought on a 5th defender. Defending a lead and you bring on a 6'4 beast to sit in between Cags and Evans and behind Ndidi/Hamza.

Its a shame injuries have curtailed his development but the Celts raved about him last season and before we bought him reports were very promising. Hopefully he remains fit and gives us options in the future.

• Like 1

So, so glad we didn't spend that £80 mill on another CB. Great foresight to get him in last year. Hope we're as successful in finding the next Vardy and Maddison. 

Still think he'll have a stinker soon but he's nailed the position down and been a joy to watch so far.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

So, so glad we didn't spend that £80 mill on another CB. Great foresight to get him in last year. Hope we're as successful in finding the next Vardy and Maddison. 

Still think he'll have a stinker soon but he's nailed the position down and been a joy to watch so far.

Every player has a stinker at some stage, it is called being ‘human’.  Everyone needs to just give him a break and stop scrutinizing every single minute detail.  

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely he ought to be shortlisted from August's player of the month? Mind you for a defender to win it there'd need to be a raft of clean sheets or goals and not necessarily exceptional performances.

You’d be hard pressed to see past Pukki after his goal-scoring exploits so far. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Analysethis said:

I think what's smarter is that we got Benkovic to go to Celtic when we knew we were going to get rid of Puel and hire Rodgers, so they could get used to each other

• Like 2
  • Haha 1