Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

11 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Brilliant today but was to blame for Kanes opener.... Has a temptation to go for balls he's not entitled to go for which leaves him out of position.... By the time he got back to Kane he could only push him which helped him score. Don't get me wrong though the guys been immense but he just needs to work on his decision making when the balls come into our half

He put the challenge in.... kasper should have come off his line. .. imo it was down to kasper holding back as usual 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Brilliant today but was to blame for Kanes opener.... Has a temptation to go for balls he's not entitled to go for which leaves him out of position.... By the time he got back to Kane he could only push him which helped him score. Don't get me wrong though the guys been immense but he just needs to work on his decision making when the balls come into our half

A tad harsh - yes he committed himself into their half which left him the wrong side but there was a long way to go to the goal from that point. No escaping, however,  that it was his man who escaped him to score .....which leaves him responsible to an extent for the last three goals we have conceded 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I think there might be a wider lesson to the Maguire / Soyuncu thing. And that's not trying to replace like with like when losing a big player - as by it's very  definition,  you'll be buying someone inferior 

Soyuncu has given us a new dimension.

Maddison has grown eventually to give us a different angle to.Mahrez.

Chelsea couldn't replace Hazard etc

Completely agree. We have found many new solutions when losing some key players like kante with ndidi, mahrez with maddison and Maguire with soyuncu. In addition we have improved every other position at the same time and kasper and vardy are still at the top of their game. We seem to have a very pragmatic and efficient coaching staff who recognise that you cant always replace apples with apples. 

The title winning side was very effective but some of the best football I've seen us ever play as a team is under this Brendan Rodgers team. I hope we win something under him or at least get ourselves into Europe.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He’s incredible to watch, regularly has me absolutely pissing myself.

A couple of mistakes led to their goal but I’ll forgive him, ****ing lunatic.

So many players are faceless, Cags seems to have a really strong identity. I'm really pleased how quickly people are taking to him.

(With the exception of the miserable arse I had to listen to whinge about him being a 'total liability' last week. I wonder why people only see what they want to see.)

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

i think it’s stretching it a bit saying that the push helped Kane to score.  id say Kane scored in spite of the push. As a former GK i can say that Kasper clearly wasn’t expecting a shot and that’s worrying. a GK should never let their guard down.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

GkcCld2.gif

Not as classy as putting Sissoko on his backside, but this was a great piece of play right at the death. Moments like this really endear him to the crowd!

Definitely! 

Really love that he takes initiative of situations too.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Definitely! 

Really love that he takes initiative of situations too.

Yes honestly I think in terms of pure defending he is better than Maguire. He does have some positional issues, but Maguire had those too. That's why Evans is our best CB by far, because he basically doesn't make mistakes any more!

But Soyuncu's pace, and his ability to take charge are great. In fact in this instance, he makes his decision early, sticks with it and executes it perfectly. This is at 90+5 minutes and yet despite us being involved in a very high energy game he's got the energy reserves to do this. Not as good in the air as Maguire, but hardly poor.

For me the most scary thing about him is that he's only 23. The mistakes he makes are IMO because of a lack of experience. E.g. the soft penalty last week he dived in when he should have just let the play continue. I think when this guy is 28/29 he could be something else, and if he keeps going the way he's going, he'll be at Barcelona or Real Madrid or someone like that. His upper potential is IMO very high.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

He's genuinely my new favourite player. I just smile every time he's on the ball. Maguire is an excellent player and I have nothing bad to say about him but I would genuinely have Soy over him. I also think he seems more invested in the club than Maguire ever did. Stay and become a legend you wondrously maned beauty. X 

maned or manned ? love him both ways

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think when this guy is 28/29 he could be something else, and if he keeps going the way he's going, he'll be at Barcelona or Real Madrid or someone like that. His upper potential is IMO very high.

Well, we'll have to play these teams away in order to win the CL...

• Thanks 1