Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think it's just the opposite.  Not only has Evans been basically flawless while Soyuncu has a few bobbles on the card, Evans has been a much bigger threat in the enemy penalty area.  And one of the reasons Soyuncu has been able to succeed is that Evans is keeping everything organized and under control back there.

Cags has been wonderful - especially considering this is basically his rookie season in the PL.  But Evans is perennially underappreciated around here (and elsewhere).  He's barely put a foot wrong all season and been an iron man to boot.

I concur, Evans is more of a cog than dare I say Wilf. If you look closely Rodgers has asked Evans to start attacking from defence, the amount of genuinely good through balls he plays a game is astonishing. He also peels off left side of defence to be the main receiver from Kasper every time. Hhas also been the most likely to score from a corner than anyone else. Before he came here I didn't realise how good he is, Rolls Royce of a defender and has helped cags play as well as he is playing (if that makes sense) anyway very underrated and crucial to us. Cags is a beast and very quick for a defender and imo under Brendan has bags more improvement to come, and I think he likes it here which is a massive bonus for us 

• Like 3

There are two players I am genuinely scared for the team's prospects if they get injured for a decent length of time - Vardy and Evans. I think they are irreplaceable for what they do for us.

Cags is benefiting from being alongside Evans. Evans is making Cags an even better player. What an immense job our recruitment team has done. All hail Rudders

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think it's just the opposite.  Not only has Evans been basically flawless while Soyuncu has a few bobbles on the card, Evans has been a much bigger threat in the enemy penalty area.  And one of the reasons Soyuncu has been able to succeed is that Evans is keeping everything organized and under control back there.

Cags has been wonderful - especially considering this is basically his rookie season in the PL.  But Evans is perennially underappreciated around here (and elsewhere).  He's barely put a foot wrong all season and been an iron man to boot.

agreed, he won't because most people don't watch every minute of our games, but if they did then evans would be in the PFA team of the year without a doubt. but cags has a much better shout because he looks flashier and gets more mentions on social media. 

evans has been our best player this year, for me. and for a change compared to the last 2 or 3 years, that's one hell of a competition to win. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed his Cruyff turn and overhead kick clearance as well the goal line clearance that actually mattered (the overhead was offside for them).

He wasn't helped by the fact there was a lot of head tennis and they were aiming for Ings a lot of the game. 

• Like 1

Ings could have had a hat trick on his mistakes alone today.

It's one bad game though so let's not get carried away, he's been superb this season but we are asking a lot of him to be playing almost every game league and cup in his first proper PL season.

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Am I right in thinking him and Evans swapped sides today?

Yeah I was about to say the same, that and Choudhury coming in wasn’t ideal as they were settled as they were. I assume it was for Evans to pick up Ings though.

looked a bit lost in the opening exchanges today and seemed to spend the rest of the game making rash decisions to try and prove he knew what he was doing. needed someone to just tell him to calm the fu ck down, mark his man and not doing anything stupid. 

but yeah, everyone and everything about today's game was completely shit so it's not a big deal. sure he will have a lot more fun spending 90 minutes kidney digging and cruyff turning ashley barnes next week as we stroll to victory. 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

Is it wrong that I hear this song every single time when I see our long haired Turk galloping across the field?

On the contrary, you are absolutely right to hear this song. I think that I will now too!

Edited by Blue Fox 72

• 2 weeks later...