Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Watching the goals back on the OS  I'm pretty sure Cags reminds Hamza to acknowledge the fans one more time after the goal - you see him talking to him at  about 3:30 and 3:39 . 

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1558120/goals-newcastle-0-leicester-city-3

also at the end he was straight over with fans while everyone else is still shaking hands and hugging!

What a guy!

Fuchs did a shush signal to Hamza after the third, presumably referring to the boos, maybe saying that's how he should have celebrated. 

Also looks like Perez was a little reluctant to do his celebration until Madders encouraged him to. 

• Thanks 1

Çağlar is having a blinder considering he's age and only been a regular since beginning of this season he can only get better,

if somehow BR can bring  Demiral from Juve that will be ultimate defence along with Evans experience. 

Demiral is considered quicker and more of aggressive player than Çağlar , although his only 21 ..

Reminds me of Gerard Pique; strong in the air and on the ground, very confident with the ball and likes to contribute forwards when he can.

Surely one of the prestigious European clubs are monitoring him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Another classy performance on NYD. And another one for the Chaggers Cruyff Turn Collection - this time treating us to a maverick double-take which can be viewed here at 1.21: 

Cags taking the blatant piss. Two Cruyff turns and then crosses the ball across his own penalty area. 

For sure the Turks tele love him Charlaaas ,He should be Turkish ambassador to UK sort out the diplomatic relations.Head of the tourist board etc.

Things happen quicker and I was always slightly cautious on Maguire(and Chiilly)al that running out with the ball never beats a good quick pass .The Puel slow play showed that as against the similar but much quicker pace now plus  other aspects of our play,

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If he's fit for all of the remaining games in the second half of the season for me he ought to given player of the season.  I think he's been superb up until now.  

He’s up there…. I’m guessing that Wilf is a shoe in for POTS if he keeps going the way he has been…

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If he's fit for all of the remaining games in the second half of the season for me he ought to given player of the season.  I think he's been superb up until now.  

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

He’s up there…. I’m guessing that Wilf is a shoe in for POTS if he keeps going the way he has been…

Is it insane this conversation is happening when our main striker is leading the goalscoring charts by 4, after missing the last two games?

But Cags, yeah, definitely making the best impression this year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I get you,  but surely this season it's got to be Vardy. He has never been voted POTS yet he's an absolute legend. Please please let's show him how much he is loved here this season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Is it insane this conversation is happening when our main striker is leading the goalscoring charts by 4, after missing the last two games?

But Cags, yeah, definitely making the best impression this year.

Oh yeah…. Vardy!

forgot about him :clap:

So difficult to pick one!  Wilf was my first thought though …

We had a couchsurfer from Freiburg stay awhile back. She said he was extremely impressive - apparently he earned them a lot of points with his defending and saved them from relegation. She knew he would be moving on to a bigger team at the end of the season. Nice that we ended up with him instead of Dortmund or Bayern!

On 04/01/2020 at 05:13, Legend_in_blue said:

He's been good, but at this point he wouldn't get my vote for our center back of the season, never mind POTS.  Just a credit to how good the other guy has been.

That said - does anyone keep PL stats for Cruyff turns?  Because Cags has to be near the top of the charts there.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

He's been good, but at this point he wouldn't get my vote for our center back of the season, never mind POTS.  Just a credit to how good the other guy has been.

That said - does anyone keep PL stats for Cruyff turns?  Because Cags has to be near the top of the charts there.

It's his first full season in the prem.  Tbh I expect Evans to be decent because he's vastly experienced.  The same can be said of Vardy.  Fantastic, yes, expected, yes.  Harsh on him not to be awarded with anything as yet in his time here though.

But Cags, for me, unexpected in how good/composed he has been.  And he keeps on improving.  First full season, he has to get it imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Evans has been very good. Soyuncu has been great. We're in a very good position to have 2 such solid defenders who are perfectly matched together. One has copious amounts of experience in this league and the other has started off brilliantly and will only get better as well given his age. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Ok, someone's gotta say it. Better than VVD. X 

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Come on Rumble, let’s not get too carried away!

What a pairing that would be. They complement each other perfectly. No, Fvck off Liverpool you cant afford him.