Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Tarkowski will be free in the summer.

im really not fussed about seeing Cags start another game for us this season, although it would presumably make his value plummet. 

Offer a contract to make Tarkowski the highest earning in the club.

This season has proved CB is the most important position in our team for us to be successful

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just needs a bit of time off to sort him self out and get back to his best when he was playing alongside Evans

We haven't heard any rumblings of a new deal and he hasn't been/isn't good enough to warrant a place when he'll be off in the summer. It won't cost us points not playing him so we should start planning for him leaving.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

I hope someone actually wants him come the summer but I cannot see it.

He'll definitely have suitors if we make it clear he's for sale - said in another thread but I think by and large his stock is still quite high outside of people who watch him week in, week out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Offer a contract to make Tarkowski the highest earning in the club.

This season has proved CB is the most important position in our team for us to be successful

If it includes his s/o fee, it may well appear that he is one of the highest earners 

I’d expect us to pay him £80k/week on a five year deal 

he can easily ask for a s/o fee of approx £12-£15m  (over five years that’s 60k/week)

so he could easily get paid 140k/week here if we dont cough up a s/o fee up front …… and that elevates him to be the highest earner !

• Like 1

Cags has lost so much confidence it’s frightening. He’s equally appalling for Turkey. Sad to say jt but maybe a move elsewhere will help freshen him up.  Get what we can for him I guess. He just hasn’t been able to step up. Can’t be hand held by an evans all the time he has to grow up.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If it includes his s/o fee, it may well appear that he is one of the highest earners 

I’d expect us to pay him £80k/week on a five year deal 

he can easily ask for a s/o fee of approx £12-£15m  (over five years that’s 60k/week)

so he could easily get paid 140k/week here if we dont cough up a s/o fee up front …… and that elevates him to be the highest earner !

12-15 million would be a huge signing on fee. Would suspect we would build more of that into wages as it would be more commercially viable

3 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

12-15 million would be a huge signing on fee. Would suspect we would build more of that into wages as it would be more commercially viable

2 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

You can say that again

• Haha 1

Just now, Kierzz said:

Yes - that’s what I posted ……. Hence 140k/week 

I would have thought the player would push for at least a fifth of the fee to be paid up front though. 

and if you’re a player who is worth £25m and you’ve run down your contract to be a free, then 12/15m seems v reasonable to demand as a s/o fee.  

on reflection, I think we wouldn’t pay him more than £70k/week as a basic so he may well end up earning a bit less than vards. 

I think BR has made his position clear. As second choice to a stand in midfielder he’s out in the summer. His drop in form has been frightening. From a £60 mil + player up to Feb 2021 we may achieve £15 mil in the summer. Please prove me wrong Cags when you next get a chance 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Has all the physical capabilities to be a top drawer defender but his mentality and concentration levels aren't good enough.

He's been at heart of so many of our capitulations. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

What made him such a solid defender a couple of years ago was his front foot instinctive decision making. Now he has become incredibly hesitant and seems to give attackers all the time in the world to do what they want. If someone comes in with a half decent fee it's an absolute no brainer to sell.