Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

How many different partners has he had this season?How many times has he had to cover for a non defender shoe horned into the defend because there was nobody else? I think the criticism is very harsh.

even when he was with Evans he was very poor

4 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He was immense when he was partnered with Evans but since he’s been out the picture Soy has nosedived. His defensive awareness is crap and needlessly gives the ball away. He needs to be dropped but Vestergaard isn’t any better.

That’s been the problem all season

Vestergaard - let’s accept it, rubbish buy

Soyuncu… possibly the most regressed player I’ve ever seen in a City shirt. Has literally gone from hero to zero

Amartey… poor squad player

Evans… well past his best.. too injury prone

Fofana.. quality CB but suffered an injury that was effectively GBH 

There is no way that Rodgers would be playing Amartey most weeks if he didn’t have to. And he can’t drop Soyuncu (who for…Vestergaard!)

Fofana’s injury ruined the season actually before it started. Soyuncu can’t play with Amartey cos the former needs confidence and composure alongside him 

And Amartey can’t play with Vestie because we’d concede even more goals!

The season will likely fade out into nothingness because of this. 
Any successful side is built on a solid defence (Brian Clough). We even had Martin Keown slating our defence today! And not just for today btw.

Hobson’s choice I’m afraid 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That’s been the problem all season

Vestergaard - let’s accept it, rubbish buy

Soyuncu… possibly the most regressed player I’ve ever seen in a City shirt. Has literally gone from hero to zero

Amartey… poor squad player

Evans… well past his best.. too injury prone

Fofana.. quality CB but suffered an injury that was effectively GBH 

There is no way that Rodgers would be playing Amartey most weeks if he didn’t have to. And he can’t drop Soyuncu (who for…Vestergaard!)

Fofana’s injury ruined the season actually before it started. Soyuncu can’t play with Amartey cos the former needs confidence and composure alongside him 

And Amartey can’t play with Vestie because we’d concede even more goals!

The season will likely fade out into nothingness because of this. 
Any successful side is built on a solid defence (Brian Clough). We even had Martin Keown slating our defence today! And not just for today btw.

Hobson’s choice I’m afraid 

Fair to say that we need major recruitment   in the summer at centre back, and I’m talking 2 to 3 new players.

Can see Soy moving on with Amartey possibly leaving on a free. Vestergaard needs shifting and Evans is, like you said, way past his best, injury prone and at the latter stages of his career, yet he’s the best centre back we have.

52 minutes ago, Hales said:

Sadly Cags it's a bye from me now 😔 he makes me so nervous everytime he gets the ball. What has happened to him? If this is because he wants a move away he is seriously limiting himself to his future.

I agree whats happened to him used to be power house 

Said it in the match thread but there was one point where someone was running at him and I thought he was going to do that weird tackle Wayne Brown attempted on Earnshaw, where he went with his left leg across his body rather than his right. Also had flashbacks that Neilson would appear. Fairplay to Pearson getting that side in to the playoffs😂

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Haha 1

It’s becoming a regular trait of Soyuncu, where when things aren’t going our way, he becomes frustrated and loses his head and ultimately costs the team.

Today, without Kasper, Evans and Vardy, Soyuncu should have been one of the players we were looking for to be a leader on the pitch. 
He continually fails to step up as the senior pro in the back line. 
For me his time here is up, he still has a reasonably good reputation in the game, cash in at the end of the season and we need to bring in that Evans, Elliot, Walsh type leader at the back.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

He won't sign the contract but I'm not sure where he thinks he will go.  There are not going to be the clubs he wants queuing up with his form? 

He has showed he can reach a high level, so there'll be decent clubs willing to take him, just depends whether anyone will pony up some kind of fee with his contract running down.

Who knows why his form has nosedived so badly, but I think his time is over here

Edited by martyn