Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I think some of the form of not just Cags is down to management.

If Brendan is to be sacked I'd rather see Cags under the new manager first. I do think we will regret selling him once he's gone.

I think he's simply been found out. 

The first season nobody new anything about him. He caught players off guard the way he flew into challenges to intercept high up the field. But now people know that he's going to try it, they also know that despite having skill, he hates to be pressed by attackers. 

That first season because he did a few cruyff turns and embarassed a few strikers they didnt go near him. I think they thought he just had that consistently in his locker and it would be ineffective... but now teams target him. 

He has all the tools and none of the brain unfortunately.  The fact that positionally he is all over the place and useless in the air just ends up making him pretty average, if not below average for a prem player. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

His confidence has just drained away from him. He was awful for Turkey in the Euros, and has carried that form over to us. He was fantastic for us when Maguire left. I remember against Liverpool when he managed to keep up with Mane. Having no Evans or Fofana hasn't helped but I think his issues run much deeper then that, they're more mental then physical. Personally I'll be sad to see him go if he does leave, but 30M is alot of money.

• Like 3

Imagine replacing Rudiger with Soyuncu lol 

Up until the last few months I was convinced he'd be great in one of the best teams as he wouldn't be under so much pressure and can knock it around nicely at times. I don't know if a different coach can get something out of him, he needs someone to calm him down. I wouldn't be totally surprised if we spent the next 5 years when he's at another club wondering why he went so shit here.

Probably a coincidence his form has nose-dived since Rodgers pretty much froze out his mate Under. He's not been able to get it back. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Other than the Chelsea interest I could see Cags do well at the likes of Atletico or Sevilla. Both are likely to get CL football this season and both are looking for CBs this summer.

get those 25-30m if we're lucky and spend it on another Fofana-esque CB in Todibo or the likes.

I think he'll do well wherever he goes. His head can fall off when the team capitulates but that won't happen so much wherever he ends up. We've been certs for throwing games over the last couple of years. Left sided, young but experienced. Be a shame to lose him but his head is elsewhere (again).

50 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Not seen many players who have seemed to be so good, go so bad in such a short piece of time. Dele Ali I suppose 

How about Hamza, Ndidi, Barnes,Madders, Ricardo to name a few.  All have played at a much higher level when allowed to play their own game, which in turn makes them confident in what they're doing. 

Common theme is the negative Rodgers slow play, slow build up, possession at all costs football which has clearly taken the edge off certain individuals and team alike.

You can whittle and moan about individual players all you like, but nothing will change, in fact more players who were once icons will end up getting slated, until sense prevails and the root cause (Rodgers) is shown the door. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I think some of the form of not just Cags is down to management.

If Brendan is to be sacked I'd rather see Cags under the new manager first. I do think we will regret selling him once he's gone.

Brendan wasn't manager of Turkiye last time I checked  lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Brendan wasn't manager of Turkiye last time I checked  lol

Yeah because after 2 long horrible shitty season's with no real break he would have been up for the Euros.

I guess you really understand things like depression with that comment.

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

Yeah because after 2 long horrible shitty season's with no real break he would have been up for the Euros.

I guess you really understand things like depression with that comment.

More empathy than depression as implying that feels like transference, so are you ok?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu will do well elsewhere, I've no doubt. 

A straight swap for Levi Colwill would do me.

He'd be quality next to the likes of Thiago Silva or Rudiger. 

But when he's asked to lead the line himself, it's like that responsibility goes into his head, and another responsibility is pushed out. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Imagine replacing Rudiger with Soyuncu lol 

Up until the last few months I was convinced he'd be great in one of the best teams as he wouldn't be under so much pressure and can knock it around nicely at times. I don't know if a different coach can get something out of him, he needs someone to calm him down. I wouldn't be totally surprised if we spent the next 5 years when he's at another club wondering why he went so shit here.

Probably a coincidence his form has nose-dived since Rodgers pretty much froze out his mate Under. He's not been able to get it back. 

2 years ago I think many people (and not just Leicester fans) would have rated Soyuncu more highly than Rudiger. Until Tuchel took over Rudiger was pretty average and always looked very poor on the ball to me. He's really stepped up over the past year, though, and now looks a really good player. Who's to say Tuchel can't turnaround Soyuncu's form too?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

He'd be quality next to the likes of Thiago Silva or Rudiger. 

But when he's asked to lead the line himself, it's like that responsibility goes into his head, and another responsibility is pushed out. 

Agreed. They should do the decent thing and give us Cowill and they take Cags. Colwill would be a monster here with Fofana.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. They should do the decent thing and give us Cowill and they take Cags. Colwill would be a monster here with Fofana.

Playing an 18 y.o. and a 20 y.o. in the PL would be an unprecedented risk . I think we need experience at the back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanDare said:

How about Hamza, Ndidi, Barnes,Madders, Ricardo to name a few.  All have played at a much higher level when allowed to play their own game, which in turn makes them confident in what they're doing. 

Common theme is the negative Rodgers slow play, slow build up, possession at all costs football which has clearly taken the edge off certain individuals and team alike.

You can whittle and moan about individual players all you like, but nothing will change, in fact more players who were once icons will end up getting slated, until sense prevails and the root cause (Rodgers) is shown the door. 

Not sure how the pace of play makes Calgary defend like an over excited 10 yr old. He has been rubbish for 6 months and dreadful for his nation as well. You can whittle and moan about Rodgers all you like,it’s Cags faullt

He is trying hard but it ain't working at the moment. He will get over it though . So are we prepared to be patient. He has all the physical attributes does Cags and if we lose him , we will probably regret it. Once again though our CBs are being exposed by a malfunctioning midfield and playing too high a line.

• Like 2