Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TJB-fox

Ghezzal

28 minutes ago, sdb said:

Don't think either is a poor player but they're not at the required level for us. Be good to get them off our books, although it's a shame we can't seem to shift unwanted players permanently.

Possably another issue with the transfer window set up in that Euro clubs know if we don't take the loan deal they just sit there drawing wages and possibly disrupting the dressing room / training ground dynamic, so better to accept and hope they do well. :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Possably another issue with the transfer window set up in that Euro clubs know if we don't take the loan deal they just sit there  drawing wages and possibly disrupting the dressing room / training ground dynamic, so better to accept and hope they do well. :dunno:

Possibly another merit with the transfer window set up is that Euro clubs can offer us loan deals so that they don’t just sit there drawing wages and possibly disrupting the dressing room / training ground dynamic, so good to accept and hope they do well. :dunno:

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

First things first. I was a bit bemused when we signed him as his stats were not that good and it seemed a lot of dosh for someone who could not get a regular start for Monaco. That said they had had a blistering season in the CL and looked the real deal so benefit of the doubt in that they obviously had a strong squad, and Puel knew the guy as he had worked with him as a youngster.

As it turned out I think that he is just not up to standard of our current squad and ambitions. Early appearances were not convincing but FFS the guy certainly did not deserve the abuse he got from certain sections of the ground. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT that he was usually brought on as part of the managers often bizzare substitution decisions. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT that he was not Mahrez. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT that he was here during a time of massive upheaval for the club and major discontent with the manager and his style of football that was being played.

I sometimes wonder how some of those posting on here would feel if they were being continually told by people that they have never met that they were shite at their jobs.  How would they feel if they turned up at a meeting or rocked in through the factory gates to a chorus of boos from those that are supposedly on their side?

I agree he is not really good enough, but he does seem to be a nice enough guy, has obviously got some skill and always seemed to at least be trying. He certainly never deserved some of the hate he received and i for one wish him well and hope that wherever he ends up he does well.  Pretty certain he will not have many fond memories of his time here.

I'm sure he'll get over it with a lovely signing on fee when he signed for us and a wage per week that's probably more than most people earn in a year so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

Edited by nettle
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

First things first. I was a bit bemused when we signed him as his stats were not that good and it seemed a lot of dosh for someone who could not get a regular start for Monaco. That said they had had a blistering season in the CL and looked the real deal so benefit of the doubt in that they obviously had a strong squad, and Puel knew the guy as he had worked with him as a youngster.

As it turned out I think that he is just not up to standard of our current squad and ambitions. Early appearances were not convincing but FFS the guy certainly did not deserve the abuse he got from certain sections of the ground. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT that he was usually brought on as part of the managers often bizzare substitution decisions. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT that he was not Mahrez. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT that he was here during a time of massive upheaval for the club and major discontent with the manager and his style of football that was being played.

I sometimes wonder how some of those posting on here would feel if they were being continually told by people that they have never met that they were shite at their jobs.  How would they feel if they turned up at a meeting or rocked in through the factory gates to a chorus of boos from those that are supposedly on their side?

I agree he is not really good enough, but he does seem to be a nice enough guy, has obviously got some skill and always seemed to at least be trying. He certainly never deserved some of the hate he received and i for one wish him well and hope that wherever he ends up he does well.  Pretty certain he will not have many fond memories of his time here.

Well said.  

I was bemused by the signing in the first place but I feel for the guy.  He certainly didn't deserve to be booed on to the pitch and I feel that he has been sent on something of a fool's errand.  A signing that was always destined to fail, but as you rightly say, not his fault.

Edited by murphy

8 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

Genuinely thought Diabate would be immense after his debut.  Shame it didn't work out.

As for Rachid... I've witnessed first-hand some of @GingerrrFox's shits put up more fight and determination when flushed for the 4th time, than he's ever put in on the pitch.  

Old Ghazz is the first Leicester player that after committing a foul, prompted his own fans to chant, ‘OFF, OFF, OFF....’

On 30/08/2019 at 15:52, urban fox said:

I don't agree with fans who boo our own players during matches but individuals in elite roles within sports or other positions are rightly put under the microscope and subjected to criticism when they don't perform accordingly. Politicians get loads of flack but I wouldn't question whether it's fair that they do, in fact I would argue that scrutiny helps to improve accountability and can help keep us on track. Ghezzal is a premier league player who gets payed millions and I think the frustration with him is because we all knew that he would never make the grade here - it was a disastrous signing from the outset given the cost of the player and likelihood that he would succeed here. As you've said it's not his fault, but if you're picking up a huge pay check and not performing then you can expect to be criticised. Our transfer dealings have generally been pretty good over the last few years bar a few stinkers but the Ghezzal signing was one you could see coming a mile off. At least with Slim/Nacho/Silva they had shown indications that they were or could be decent players, there was nothing in Ghezzal's history that suggested he was ever good enough or ever would be - I think that's why it's so frustrating and of course, it's now incredibly difficult to move him on. I'm sure if a club matched the wages he was on now then he would move...

22 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Sky Italia reckon Fiorentina are in contact for both Ghezzal and Ben Arfa as they look for a winger before the deadline.

Funny how he’s not good enough for us, but a team from possibly the most beautiful city in Europe does 😂

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot

Looks like it will indeed be Fiorentina - L'Equipe report their deal for Remi Oudin (Reims) is falling apart and therefore they have moved on to Ghezzal in a loan without option to buy.

Clubs are negotiating how they will divide the player's wages up. Ghezzal is already in Florence and I believe they'd have until 9pm tonight to get it done.

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Funny how he’s not good enough for us, but a team from possibly the most beautiful city in Europe does 😂

Stratford-upon-Avon is very pretty ......

Option to buy isn’t so relevant - if he is crap they just wouldn’t take up their option. It could be that they wanted one but we wanted too much on the option ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Stratford-upon-Avon is very pretty ......

Option to buy isn’t so relevant - if he is crap they just wouldn’t take up their option. It could be that they wanted one but we wanted too much on the option ..

Yeah but Fiorentina are a massive club too - should have added that 😂