Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth H Match Thread

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Chilwell favoured at home where we will have a lot of the ball I think. Fuchs has a quality final ball though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them both get a decent number of games this year, especially if we have a decent cup run.

Agree, Chilly was not up to the level he was playing at last season in the games against Atalanta and Wolves.  He will hopefully know he has to up his game to keep Fuchs from replacing him and step up accordingly.  It'll take him 3-4 games to get up to speed given the matches he has missed.

Very promising looking team today, fingers and toes crossed we bring home 3 points - a positive performance that creates plenty of chances would be a bonus, ala Chelsea 2nd half.

COYB

Don’t think it’s a case of dropping Perez due to form this is BR looking at who we are playing against and B’Mouth run us ragged with their movement up top and now add H Wilson into the mix, Barnes and Albrighton are in there for energy and tracking back something Perez and Madders wouldn’t do so well, well the defending part anyway.

5 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

4-1-4-1?

To be fair, given the way we play all those formations end up pretty much the same.

With Chilwell and Ricardo having a tendency to overlap, the wide positions end up getting a bit blurred.

Respect to Rodgers. He’s given Perez 4 starts to bed in but he’s not proved himself yet. So he’s picking the team based on form and not on who his favourites are. I’d like to hope Perez still comes good as I’m fed up of us making poor attacking signings but I still think he’s a good option in the squad and he has to prove he’s good enough to start. 

This lineup is almost identical to the one we played in our last home game against Bournemouth and we played them off the park so excited to see the match!

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Hmm. Bit rough on Hamza. However, let's smash them.

Rodgers has said he’ll pick the team based on the opposition so sometimes he’ll choose two tacklers and other times he won’t. Puel always picked two at home so I think it’s great we’ve set out to attack!

Hamza just signed a new contract and Rodgers loves him so there’s no need to worry about him. Rodgers wants a competitive and deep squad that he can use to adjust his tactics if necessary l and barring the front 3 I feel we have that depth. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Don’t think it’s a case of dropping Perez due to form this is BR looking at who we are playing against and B’Mouth run us ragged with their movement up top and now add H Wilson into the mix, Barnes and Albrighton are in there for energy and tracking back something Perez and Madders wouldn’t do so well, well the defending part anyway.

This. Hope Chillers can snuff out the threat from H Wilson. Always worrying when the FT crowd anticipate a walkover.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Respect to Rodgers. He’s given Perez 4 starts to bed in but he’s not proved himself yet. So he’s picking the team based on form and not on who his favourites are. I’d like to hope Perez still comes good as I’m fed up of us making poor attacking signings but I still think he’s a good option in the squad and he has to prove he’s good enough to start. 

This lineup is almost identical to the one we played in our last home game against Bournemouth and we played them off the park so excited to see the match!

So how much has our window improved us?  I agree with the team selection but three out of four new signings only making the bench.

Pretty much the same team that finished last season (minus Maguire) but we're £90m lighter.