Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

Just now, majaco said:

I reckon quite a few of our players would improve Man U's side:  Perreira, Chilwell,  Tiellemans,  Maddison, Choudhury or N'didi,  Vardy, Evans.  Soyuncu?

On the other hand, I don't think many of their players would improve the Leicester line-up.  De Gea, Rashford.  Possibly James.

Hopefully, we will show our quality today despite the challenge of going to Old Trafford.

Martial would be a quality addition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Martial would be a quality addition. 

You think so?

I think he's a moody player who finds it hard to play with others. After the great start and hype he got when he first hit the scene I haven't been impressed. 

De Gea would obviously be a step up.

Mata is class but he's getting old and we have 2 young guns.

Matic is a very good midfielder but we have our own very good midfielders who are younger.

Mason Greenwood looks like he could be a decent forward and I think Rashford is very good but he has been used wrongly and perhaps been in the wrong football atmosphere for too long. Rashford would have been better served leaving Manchester before last season, I worry that he may be tainted goods now.

The only 2 players I'd put in the Leicester team are De Gea and Rashford with Greenwood on the bench. Saw that the Manchester press (perhaps 10 writers) had a mixed team with between 3 and 5 Leicester players only. 

This afternoon should show which set of fans have the wrong expectations.

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mata is a very good player, I hope he's on the bench.

Hamza first name on the team sheet for me.

Keep Barnes on the bench as a supersub if required.

Perez or Gray or Albrighton to start?

Vardy should be licking his lips.

Pretty sure that VAR will be used for a big decision in our match today.

I expect us to play Hamza alongside Ndidi to nullify the threat of any quick counter attacks which I see as United's most likely way of getting something out of the match.

My big issue is it'll mean we can't play Tielmans and Maddison centrally, and I think they are most effective with wingers flanking them.

If we play like this I cant see us creating as many chances as I'd like. I think we're most effective right now with Barnes and Albrighton out wide and just the one DMC. Understand why we might play 2 against the supposed top 6 (especially away) but I cant see us having a better chance than this of taking the game to United at Old Trafford.

This isn't like Hull were at start to 2016/17 season, or other injury ridden teams we've played against and ended up losing too, we know to take United seriously, and yet the momentum we're slowly building up shouldn't be stifled by over cautious Puel like tactics.

I want us getting an early goal and forcing United to play a different style to the one they'd like to play. 

I want us going for the win because it'll give us the boost to take to the next match against Tottenham too.

Win this game, with confidence running high and 3 wins and 2 draws under our belt in the first 5 games ... it'll be a start like we've had once before ... back in September 2015.

This will be a tough game regardless of any injury crisis in Man U.

Maguire will be well up for this you'd imagine. Of all games this is one he won't want to be shown up in.

We can make it difficult for them but we must avoid conceding early on. It will become damage limitation otherwise.

There's pressure on both us. Given the hype surrounding us this is a chance to show we are worthy of it once again.

Give it a go Foxes

37 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mata is a very good player, I hope he's on the bench.

Hamza first name on the team sheet for me.

Keep Barnes on the bench as a supersub if required.

Perez or Gray or Albrighton to start?

Vardy should be licking his lips.

Pretty sure that VAR will be used for a big decision in our match today.

Mata ain’t very good anymore he’s shite way past it has been for a while

• Like 1

Controversial one here maybe. I love Tielemans, I am delighted he signed for us, and I hope he stays for many years. He's going to be the solution to our long-standing problem of teams that sit back and he's going to continue to develop into one of those players we talk about for years to come. However, to date whenever he's played against more pressing sides he just seems to go absent. I am sure this is going to come in time and we need to be patient, but for this match right here where we have a good chance for a result, I wonder if he is the midfielder we need to sacrifice in order to ensure Madders gets to play in a central position.

Kasper

Ric Evans Cags Chilwell

Hamza Maddison Wilf

Albrighton Vards Barnes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How the hell would Rashford get in our side? lol

13 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Mata ain’t very good anymore he’s shite way past it has been for a while

A draw against Wolves and Chelsea and some people think they support worldbeaters. Rashford is better than Albrighton and Gray. His pace and skill would work well alongside Vardy.

Mata is an excellent player. I hope he doesn't make you look stupid for saying that later today.

Key to this game is getting an early goal or two. If United go behind their fans will be on their backs and the pressure will mount which I think their relatively young team will struggle with. Also not convinced that Solksjaer is particularly strong tactically so I suspect he'll struggle to turn things around if they do go behind. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

A draw against Wolves and Chelsea and some people think they support worldbeaters. Rashford is better than Albrighton and Gray. His pace and skill would work well alongside Vardy.

Mata is an excellent player. I hope he doesn't make you look stupid for saying that later today.

Wow he’s really going to make me look stupid with a  customary good performance once a year 

I'm so so pumped. I dreamed that we absolutely disrespected them with an incredibly attacking line-up and then actually followed through and ruined their lives with their worst Old Trafford defeat in years... But when i awoke, I'd be happy with a solid 4-3-3 with Hamza and Ndidi featuring. 

For what it's worth, in my dream we played a 4-3-1-2 with

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Maddison Hamza Praet

Barnes

Perez Vardy

And absolutely calcified them. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Mata's legs are gone. If Mata from 4 years ago was in this system maybe he'd get the respect he deserves but he'll never be the same player.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Controversial one here maybe. I love Tielemans, I am delighted he signed for us, and I hope he stays for many years. He's going to be the solution to our long-standing problem of teams that sit back and he's going to continue to develop into one of those players we talk about for years to come. However, to date whenever he's played against more pressing sides he just seems to go absent. I am sure this is going to come in time and we need to be patient, but for this match right here where we have a good chance for a result, I wonder if he is the midfielder we need to sacrifice in order to ensure Madders gets to play in a central position.

Kasper

Ric Evans Cags Chilwell

Hamza Maddison Wilf

Albrighton Vards Barnes

Whilst I get your point; United are there for the taking today. If we play Hamza and Wilf it weakens our ability to transition quickly so I hope Brendan sticks with one DM as I think we can outplay them in midfield if we’re positive.