Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

Really fancy this one now that Pogba and Martial are ruled out. Always saw them as the main danger.  Evans/Caglar will have Rashford in their pockets, and the stage is set for Youri and Madders to boss the midfield and control the game unless we go 2 CDm and madders left out wide left again. We really should play the same side as against Bournemouth and go for it. I can see Maddsion being really up for this with a point to prove after being left on the bench for England

Show them we mean business this season.

0-2 Vardy and Maddison

Edited by urban fox

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I can't help thinking we've got a good chance of a result tomorrow.

I'd absolutely love a win since we've not had one there for 21 years.

It's the worst Man Utd side for a long time, and they have important players out injured. If ever there was a time to win at Old Trafford, it's now.

I'd expect our midfield to enjoy this one, and Vardy could have a field day against Maguire.

2-3 Vardy, Evans, Praet.

Their squad looks very thin even without the absence of three key players. No Pogba is a huge boost to us, and we should feel very confident about getting something from this. 

There's such potential for Vardy to make Maguire look silly too, I'm really rather giddy with excitement.

Even with the absences we are still up against it given our tendency to be obliging at these grounds. They're set up for counter attacking these days and still have plenty of pace going forward so we should be wary about going too gung-ho early doors.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

POGBA, MARTIAL AND SHAW MISSING FOR UTD

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial and Luke Shaw have all been ruled out of tomorrow's game against Leicester at Old Trafford.

Diogo Dalot will also miss the match, while Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jesse Lingard are doubts.

"Pogba won't be fit unless he's had a miraculous recovery overnight. He's not been ready to train at 100 per cent," Solskjaer said.

I was confident before I heard their team news, now we a huge opportunity to really make a claim early on in the season.

Hmmmm

• Like 1

I'm sorry but full strength man United are shite so man United without their best player Pogba, and 2 other first teamers Shaw and Martial makes them uber shite. I wouldn't swap one of their players for ours. We can only be beaten tomorrow by the occasion, ourselves, or both. 

23 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Hmmmm

It is a bit suspicious isn't it! Just like the first game of last season when Mourinho claimed his world cup stars wouldn't play but they all lined up anyway!

But even if he does play, he's just one player. The current Manchester United team just looks so weak overall. They beat us twice last season but both games were under Puel and we were decent in both. We are in good form and many players in the team had a good game last time round. I for one am very positive! Really looking forward to watching the game as this has to be our best chance in years to do them over at Old Trafford. If Maddison and Tielemans are on it, we will dominate the game and with Vardy hitting the back of the net in the last two games, we should be able to finish our chances too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

That side is mediocre if you ignore the fact they are Man Utd.  Leicester should be going there to play on the front foot and beat them.

Most of that team will be at lower end Prem/ Championship teams next year I’m sure of it.

Boys, we could potentially be seeing this in front of us tomorrow.

De Gea

Young Lindelof Maguire Rojo

Matic McTominay Pereira

Mata Rashford James

This isn't a "if we win this, we're on the right path" sort of game anymore, it's a "if we don't win this, it's disappointing really". Only player I could see scoring in that team is James on form, and he has to deal with Ricardo. Rashford was an awful striker vs Southampton and don't see why that shouldn't continue on. Their midfield is awful. Their fullbacks are shocking.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell 

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

Will ruin them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

It is a bit suspicious isn't it! Just like the first game of last season when Mourinho claimed his world cup stars wouldn't play but they all lined up anyway!

But even if he does play, he's just one player. The current Manchester United team just looks so weak overall. They beat us twice last season but both games were under Puel and we were decent in both. We are in good form and many players in the team had a good game last time round. I for one am very positive! Really looking forward to watching the game as this has to be our best chance in years to do them over at Old Trafford. If Maddison and Tielemans are on it, we will dominate the game and with Vardy hitting the back of the net in the last two games, we should be able to finish our chances too.

I think the difference here is that Solskjaer specifically stated that Pogba hasn't even been training properly. So less chance of a cheeky bait and switch.

• Like 1

James is looking lively for them and one or two of their youngsters who contributed to the Paris win may see this as an opportunity to step up again, but really, the way we'e looking and the fact that their side could well be a combination that's never played together before, they are there for the taking. Great effort from us but 2-2 with a Soljsky-time penalty equaliser.

Tielemans and co should be looking to play Vardy in through an inside right channel, I hear their left sided centre half goes AWOL at times and lacks a bit of pace :whistle: