Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

Hmmmm

If we have to play two dms then maybe play one winger.  So we play youri plus say albrighton with madi then vardy.

Albrighton can swap sides at will depending on the quality or threat of the fullback. 

Today.. if brendan was to play the shape he choose.. then why gray ahead of barnes or ayoze?

Am i wrong?  

Listening to br... i realise that hes just hoping for us to unlock the door just once or twice.. waiting for a mistake....is that reasonable?

Edited by foxinsocks

Guest An Sionnach

Rodgers has no plan B if Vardy is neutralised , no other strike option.  If we are going to finish top Six we are going to need at least 55 goals . Vardy will need to get 20 but where are the other 35 coming from. He had a transfer window and bought no recognised striker. If Vardy should get injured we are in deep trouble.

Rough one today but we’re good enough to bounce back. I’m sure we can make excuses like the international break coming at the wrong time etc. But we just weren’t at the races tactically and didn’t have the execution needed to get a result away from home today, never mind at old Trafford. I’m sure the media feel vindicated for the Maguire move now (don’t think the player is too sure) but I hope they don’t ram it down our throats like they did with the transfer itself.

• Like 2

I can almost see what Rodgers was trying to do today. Although, It was unfortunate that the whole game plan went out of the window 8 minutes in. That being said, not once has playing with 2 defensive midfielders gifted us with any fluid attacking play. It's managed to get scrappy points, but today it didn't pay off. I hope he shakes off that conservative baggage he has and start playing to our technically gifted players strengths rather than wedging them in!! 

Edited by bfox

Still waiting for us to click this season. We need players to step up and create quality, but not a single one produced anything.

Two mediocre teams cancelling each other out and one team getting lucky with a bounce and a soft decision to win the game.

I hope we click soon. The potential is there but the end product not so much right now.

Atkinson is still a big team bias wank ref though...

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is the best way to play us, especially when playing 2 dms 

9 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I agree, completely nullifies vardy.

Bang on.

People claimed we got found out with our counter attacking style, they had a point and whilst I agree that had to change we've arguably been found out quicker and more easily in this style, not to add it's boring as hell.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

We won't go top6 we need a holding mid that can actually move the ball and we need a left footed winger one that can pitch in with some goals. 

The holding midfield position is hardly our biggest problem. We actually have 2 very good ones in Ndidi and Hamza, and 2 other midfielders "that can actually move the ball" in Maddison and Tielemans - if we play the former in the middle and use wide players to unleash the creative talent of the latter. What we need are players who can actually do SOMETHING (anything useful at all) in the final third (apart from Vard, that is). 

Edited by NaijaFox

55 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Started with the wrong set up once again. Why does he keep putting Maddison out wide when he’s our most creative player? I don’t understand the logic behind it. 

Gray can piss off aswell, had plenty of chances here and will never be good enough unfortunately. 

Why oh why does Rodgers select the useless Gray? He has always been very unproductive and is a luxury we cannot, ever afford. Unload him in January and give Barnes or Iheanacho a run of matches. Please!

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We should have started him instead of Choudhury, there’s no real link between defensive and attacking midfield when Youri isn’t performing.

We need to see more transition in midfield because Maddison can’t shoulder that all by himself, especially if he’s on the left. 

Bottom line is if we going to play with this style. We need central midfielders comfortable with the ball and can play through the lines. The two DMs we have can’t do it and that’s fair against possession heavy opposition such as Man City and Liverpool but if we want to beat Man U, we’ve gotta step away from that 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Scratching my head at the signing of Praet after today. We play two DMs and Youri with Maddison out of position. Where does he fit ?

Don't his or Perez's signings. If we're never going to play Perez up with, just off or in place of Vardy, why did we bother.

MOM Atkinson.  A truly shocking performance and Chillies booking at the end is one of the strangest decisions I have ever seen (apart from)  stopping us in our tracks because Manure had a man down with no head injury.

We will play worse and win. Not as bad as some are making out.  Could be worse- we could be in Wolves position.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says his side should have got something from the game but admitted they were 'too passive' in their 1-0 defeat to Manchester United in the Premier League.

video

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/leicester-city/11809717/rodgers-we-were-too-passive

• Like 1