Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

9 hours ago, Sly said:

To be honest, I still can’t get my head around why anyone would want to join Manchester United right now.

Pretty sure I saw in another thread that they have the largest wage bill in the league by some distance. Any player would be mad not to go there with the amount they can afford to pay their players.

51 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They are so deluded as a fanbase.

Yeah but he is a life long Utd fan dontcha know? He was actually born in Old Trafford, or in the Trafford Center or summat.

Anyway, unless Olly wants to also buy his BFF as well, it ain`t happening, and those two together is some bill.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Sometimes I wonder if we actually encourage media speculation on our players on the basis that it means another photo of a king power shirt is emblazoned all over a top global football club’s media stream ...........

Our marketing team should take a bow. That's a brilliant strategy. negotiate a 10% cut of the click through to the players for "media rights" and it puts their wages up to more than man utd could afford to pay them. Pure genius.

Also we should get the players mums on side. Bet Mrs Mahrez senior's scrapbook is a bit thin these days now he has actually moved and so is not in the paper every other day.

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t even think it’s just delusion, it’s the fact that they have millions of fans who have ZERO football knowledge. 

Pretty much this. It's like the kids at school who used to give you shit for supporting Leicester but they support Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea etc but haven't ever been to a game... 

Got no connections at all with said clubs but they jump on a band wagon.... 

Cvnts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

get paid 90k a week to play for Leicester, nice vibes, family atmosphere top to bottom, mostly supportive fans, committed and inspiring teammates, pretty football, chasing a real dream, again. 

get paid 150k a week to play for shit Man United, shit vibes, shit fans, languishing in the bottom half of the table dining out on history, playing boring shitball.

i know which one I'd choose but I'm not a thick **** who let's greed and money rule my life.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Man Utd before WW2 were a pretty average outfit. All their real success came under Busby( after he retired they went to pieces) and Ferguson and since the latter finally packed it in they have been mostly average. Two men made them winners and they cannot find anyone near their genius. Teams should stop being intimidated by history, its over, done and not coming back anytime soon. Think Bournemouth and play their middling team not the history.

15 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Man Utd before WW2 were a pretty average outfit. All their real success came under Busby( after he retired they went to pieces) and Ferguson and since the latter finally packed it in they have been mostly average. Two men made them winners and they cannot find anyone near their genius. Teams should stop being intimidated by history, its over, done and not coming back anytime soon. Think Bournemouth and play their middling team not the history.

Also the other teams in the Prem were not so strong as now, OK you can only beat what is in front of you, but everyone got pulled into the hype.

16 hours ago, Ashley said:

Pretty much this. It's like the kids at school who used to give you shit for supporting Leicester but they support Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea etc but haven't ever been to a game... 

Got no connections at all with said clubs but they jump on a band wagon.... 

Cvnts

At least you didn't let it get to you!

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Man U fans think every player in the world supports them. They don’t realise that when players join clubs they’re just told to say they dream of playing for them as a kid to entice fans to buy shirts etc with their name on. Shows how easy it is for their marketing team to fool millions of idiots. 

But I did use to dream of playing for Leicester :ph34r:

Joking aside, about the difference in salary between "Big" clubs and others, surely at some point, the amount you earn just becomes meaningless and just numbers in a bank account? I think you'd struggle to spend it even if you got "Only" 50k a week. I think the reason some players like it is an ego thing, and a way of keeping score.... "I earn 190K, that means I'm one of the best players in the PL..."

I'd be happy to play for a bag of chips and a pint! I was a cracking DM in my day.... Hello, Brendan?? 

6 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

But I did use to dream of playing for Leicester :ph34r:

Joking aside, about the difference in salary between "Big" clubs and others, surely at some point, the amount you earn just becomes meaningless and just numbers in a bank account? I think you'd struggle to spend it even if you got "Only" 50k a week. I think the reason some players like it is an ego thing, and a way of keeping score.... "I earn 190K, that means I'm one of the best players in the PL..."

I'd be happy to play for a bag of chips and a pint! I was a cracking DM in my day.... Hello, Brendan?? 

When I was playing we had to pay to play. £5 subs for starters and £2.50 if a used sub. Imagine if they had to have a whip round in the dressing room to pay the ref.  We were more than happy to cough up too if we got to play the game we love.

• Like 1

People keep talking about how Man Utd have a huge wage bill and seem to somehow link that to paying Maddison 150-200k per week...

The immediate problem for Man Utd IS their wage bill. They’re in serious danger of losing European football and their sponsor. They also can’t shift players like Sánchez permenantly, and have a lot of deadwood in their ranks. 

I can’t see Maddison leaving during the January window, and if we’re in the top 4 I doubt he’ll leave in the summer.  I’m sure this is agent-talk to get him a double-your-money shiny new contract

16 minutes ago, car1os said:

People keep talking about how Man Utd have a huge wage bill and seem to somehow link that to paying Maddison 150-200k per week...

The immediate problem for Man Utd IS their wage bill. They’re in serious danger of losing European football and their sponsor. They also can’t shift players like Sánchez permenantly, and have a lot of deadwood in their ranks. 

I can’t see Maddison leaving during the January window, and if we’re in the top 4 I doubt he’ll leave in the summer.  I’m sure this is agent-talk to get him a double-your-money shiny new contract

Maddison signed on a five year deal rumoured to be £55k a week.

I could see Leicester giving him a double your money new 5 year deal that Maguire got if we get CL football. He'll still have 3 years left on his contract at the end of the season so the club hold some power here that we could keep him here on 55k a week so it may be best for all parties if he signs a new five year deal for double your money and he gets a huge pay rise and the club make sure they can dictate the fee if he ever gets sold. 

We won the league and Chelsea finished 10th and Kante still didn't want to stay. Fact is these clubs have huge pulling power despite being abysmal currently. Man Utd is still a household name with money to burn. 

I can see Maddison going there. Not now but maybe the summer. They will triple/quadruple his wages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shade said:

30m short made me laugh. You're about 40m short, short.

Screw that!  Give him another year or two with more goals and assists and we're looking at Coutinho Cash;

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

We won the league and Chelsea finished 10th and Kante still didn't want to stay. Fact is these clubs have huge pulling power despite being abysmal currently. Man Utd is still a household name with money to burn. 

I can see Maddison going there. Not now but maybe the summer. They will triple/quadruple his wages. 

Different world now... we’re playing a much better brand of football with an amazing team... this team will expect to get European football and possibly champs league.

we should be in a better position to offer better wages than last time also. Obviously Man U could offer obscene wages but surely they have to kno it hasn’t worked for them so far!

• Like 2