Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

8 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

Maddison has got a much better chance of getting in the England side under Southgate as an 8 but I do think it might be his best position too as he is getting better defensively. England aren’t playing a number 10 anytime soon and I am not sure if we will either.

His covering back over the past half dozen games has been noticeable 

On 09/11/2019 at 23:54, The whole world smiles said:

last week Chillwell was crap this week maddison is overated.

Do you actually rate any of our players?

I never said Chilwell was crap i said he was bang out of form, which he was and Maddison is a good player but overrated in my opinion.

Yes i rate Kelechi Iheanacho.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They asked torrierra to man mark him first part of the second half which probably led to the game becoming a bit more open as it took away their first half solidity with their rigid formation 

To be honest, I think he was given that task in the first half too. Maddison was always closely marked in the early stages, but that didn't stop him mugging off Torreira twice by winning two free kicks in almost identical positions - one led to the Soyuncu pen which wasn't given and the other whistled just inches past the post.

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

To be honest, I think he was given that task in the first half too. Maddison was always closely marked in the early stages, but that didn't stop him mugging off Torreira twice by winning two free kicks in almost identical positions - one led to the Soyuncu pen which wasn't given and the other whistled just inches past the post.

If you check a recording back of the second period ( 45-60) then you will see Torreira following madders well into our half as he takes the ball from Evans/cags ..... he didn’t do that first half as they sat deep and rarely committed men forward at all 

After a good result at the KP, as madders leaves the field he looks up at Top and the two exchange ‘thumbs up’.

this is something you also see between other players and the chairman, notably Kasper and vards. 

I would be surprised if he is keen to leave next summer ..... (assuming we give him an improved deal). 

I notice that maguire is already captain at yanited - as I indicated in the past, this was his aim when he arrived here but he found wes and Kasper in his way. 

I would add that brendan is also a ‘thumbs up exchange with Top’ man !

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

After a good result at the KP, as madders leaves the field he looks up at Top and the two exchange ‘thumbs up’.

this is something you also see between other players and the chairman, notably Kasper and vards. 

I would be surprised if he is keen to leave next summer ..... (assuming we give him an improved deal). 

I notice that maguire is already captain at yanited - as I indicated in the past, this was his aim when he arrived here but he found wes and Kasper in his way. 

I would add that brendan is also a ‘thumbs up exchange with Top’ man !

Missed that, but I love it!

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This this this!!!!!

I said when Rodgers first came in that I feared we could see Maddison's career with us seriously nose dive as he might be exposed for a side of the game that he just cannot excel at. I thought his fitness levels under Puel were poor, I know it's a huge step up to the PL and many players take time to adjust, often failing to complete 90 mins for the first several months. He also seemed to be less naturally interested in going and winning the ball or getting involved in battles that could disrupt his game, yet 8 months on and he is a different player. He can tackle, he can press, he can ride challenges without always looking to swerve out the way and draw a cheap foul. He is a managers dream and is probably the shining light in the blue print for how Rodgers wants his players to play. I was massively wrong, he is perfect for Rodgers and this team. The sky is the limit for the lad, he is immense.

Glad someone else agrees! I think Gareth Southgate still sees him as that luxury player, but he is far far more than that now - he can contribute at all areas on the pitch.

• Like 1

I Predicted he would Grow with Leicester und thought he was being underrated, and totally incorrectlly criticised for his first season...

But right since the beginning of the season....Hes Not only exception & proved his potential,But showing his quality....

If Southgate doesn t See or understand how he can Click in and use that talent...he me a moron...nothing to so with bias!!!

This kid is the best raw Potential since Gasgoine,without the weird-package...

Edited by fuchsntf

6 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

I never said Chilwell was crap i said he was bang out of form, which he was and Maddison is a good player but overrated in my opinion.

Yes i rate Kelechi Iheanacho.

I know football is all about opinions.. but do you honestly believe this?

I recon you must be the Adrian Durham of Foxestalk!

6 hours ago, rachhere said:

Not seen it mentioned much, but his defensive contribution has come on leaps and bounds this season. 

If he doesn't get his first cap this international break I am going to be raging.

Here's how he stacks up with our other players. I would say that for one of our most attacking players (2nd top scorer after Vardy) the number of tackles he has made is incredible, one of the top 50 players in the division (including every position and every team).

Dennis Praet has made quite a fair few as well given how little game time he has had. Shows the bite to the Leicester City game these days. I love it!

Tackles.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Here's how he stacks up with our other players. I would say that for one of our most attacking players (2nd top scorer after Vardy) the number of tackles he has made is incredible, one of the top 50 players in the division (including every position and every team).

Dennis Praet has made quite a fair few as well given how little game time he has had. Shows the bite to the Leicester City game these days. I love it!

Tackles.png

Really looking forward to seeing how Dennis gets on with the starting XI at some point - hopefully by choice though (rotation over the winter period), rather than because of injury!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rachhere said:

Really looking forward to seeing how Dennis gets on with the starting XI at some point - hopefully by choice though (rotation over the winter period), rather than because of injury!

Next season will be big for him if we manage to get a EL/CL place.

10 hours ago, ScubaBlue said:

I know football is all about opinions.. but do you honestly believe this?

I recon you must be the Adrian Durham of Foxestalk!

Sarcasm you numpty and yes as good as Maddison is the media go on like he's prime Modric.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

With 5 goals this season (4 in the league), serious plaudits have to be given to Madders and Rodgers for adding the one element to his game that he was missing. This makes him the highest scoring attacking midfielder in the country and only Bernardo and Pulisic have the same as him, and they mostly operate on the wings. He also has the highest number of tackles made (23) of any attacking midfielder in the division and has been consistently good in all matches so far. Oh and he generally lasts the full 90 minutes, whereas he was often hauled off by Puel last season, most of the time for him not being able to keep up with the pace of the game in the final 10.

If you made a Premier League team of the season right now I think he would be in it. He has been superb.

• Like 4