Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

There are rumours that Man Utd have £200m to spend over the next two windows. That doesn't get too much these days. If they want Maddison, that's about half their budget gone, and their squad needs a lot of work. Could certainly happen, but they'd be wiser finding someone cheaper if that rumour is true.

It would be a much greater loss than Maguire was. That's for sure. Obviously, I'd love it if he stays, but I've no doubt we'd find a good replacement if he has to go. Might already have him in Praet.

The same 'newspaper' that claims Maddison as a lifelong Man Utd fan.. when hes a Coventry boy... best not take that article too seriously.

Edited by Simoken

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That's half of cov 15 years ago!

Totally. And as much as I admire him as a player, he just doesn't strike me as the kind of kid who'd grow up supporting his local team...

He'll go there at some point but seems to be enjoying himself here at the moment. 

Having top players will always be an attraction to young kids that get into football. As he's stated before he loves Ronaldo and models his free kicks on Beckham too. Kids will idolise players before they find a club that they'll truly support, especially if said player is World class or an International. 

Helps that Man Utd under Fergie was a winning machine. 

But since all that was years ago now, there's a chance for other teams to have idols for the future, us included.

Vardy shirts all over the World in the last 5 years and potentially having Maddison, Chillwell, Barnes, Tielemans and the rest be idolised by future generations as much as Ronaldo did 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

Had he put his chance away, he would have been an easy MOTM for me today. Quite simply ran the show and in the diamond he is positioned such that he can cause so many problems. His ability to turn, to drift between the lines and play brilliant passes is incredible.

England seriously need to build the team around Maddison, even if he ends up leaving us. A top class quality playmaker!

Maddison is everything Grealish wants to be and some more. Class apart. Grealish focuses too much on falling over easily but also giving out cynical fouls. Maddison more focussed on playing the game and doing his job as a creative midfielder. There's no comparison for me.

On 21/11/2019 at 18:03, LC/FC said:

Having top players will always be an attraction to young kids that get into football. As he's stated before he loves Ronaldo and models his free kicks on Beckham too. Kids will idolise players before they find a club that they'll truly support, especially if said player is World class or an International. 

Helps that Man Utd under Fergie was a winning machine. 

But since all that was years ago now, there's a chance for other teams to have idols for the future, us included.

Vardy shirts all over the World in the last 5 years and potentially having Maddison, Chillwell, Barnes, Tielemans and the rest be idolised by future generations as much as Ronaldo did 10 years ago. 

Well. I won't disagree with your general sentiment, but I doubt Maddison and the others will reach the level of superstardom that Ronaldo, God among men, achieved. Still, they don't need to. Just continuing what we're doing for a couple of seasons should entrench us in the psyche of impressionable young footballers.

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Maddison is everything Grealish wants to be and some more. Class apart. Grealish focuses too much on falling over easily but also giving out cynical fouls. Maddison more focussed on playing the game and doing his job as a creative midfielder. There's no comparison for me.

I agree Maddison>Grealish but to be fair to Grealish ,;

1. He plays in a vastly inferior team with inferior team mates. Maddison has Vardy ahead of him and Grealish has a donkey (Wesley) in front of him.

2. Maddison also falls over and dives quite a bit. 

3. Maddison plays as a #10 or #8 whereas Grealish often drops so far back to collect the ball from his CBs. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Both good players, I'd still have Grealish here in a heart beat, he'd fit in really well to how we are playing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think Grealish would fit like a glove here, but just not sure we need him

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Both good players, I'd still have Grealish here in a heart beat, he'd fit in really well to how we are playing. 

Can you put up with those antics every game? No thanks, we have a proper team he doesn't fit into one of those.