Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

I don’t really want to jump on Brendan. I do like him, and I do think he’s a good coach. Perhaps he’s become a victim of his early success, initially we reacted so well to his methods, and then after a few heavy defeats to our immediate rivals it’s completely knocked the stuffing out of us. Yes it’s his job to pick the lads up, but if they’re not reacting well what more can he do? Lads like Barnes, Gray, Maddison, Chillwell and YT look very much like confidence players. And if they’re not feeling it, it really shows.

Our depth is poor, there isn’t really any, there is literally a few players to pick from to change things and that’s it.

As for January, we don’t know what the club we’re doing behind the scenes really. We know how difficult of a window it is to operate in, and how inflated player prices become. Perhaps we should have gone out and got a Stella signing, but you struggle to do that unless you spend mega money.

Ultimately football is a results based game, and if this carries on Brendan will end up being sacked. I just hope we react wells in the summer, it’s all well and good talking about wanting to win trophies and compete for Europe, but you can’t limp there.  

Edited by Pliskin

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Even if we finish 7th is it that bad?

Our best ever finish since we won the league and yet some are calling for his head.

Its a young side that will get better and ive no doubt he needs time. Yes I'm concerned about the players we're linked with and some star players on the decline but you can't just sack him.

No, of course not. Disappointing after where we were, but not a disaster. 

My strategy would be to give Brendan an £80 million net transfer kitty and look to recruit 4-6 of the best non Prem players from the Champ or below. It’s painfully clear we need better squad depth.

He just doesn't look angered or frustrated enough. Does he genuinely feel the frustration. Dont need to rant and lose your head but this has gone drastically different for too long now not to be questioning it more externally. 

Think we all deep down recognised that Rodgers will see us as the next step to something bigger but get angry man, if your losing the woman you genuinely want let others know you're not happy about it and prepared to fight for her! Players need a rallying cry not pacifying. 

12 hours ago, ealingfox said:

It won't happen, but when we get to the end of the season we should part ways. Get him and Congerton out before they do too much permanent damage to the club. He won't do well for us in the Europa League, if we've even got that - his European record is crap. 

Go out and take a chance on another young manager. Let loser mentality players like Chilwell go, invest the money and let's come with a better approach next season.

Who would replace him then? Because there isn’t anyone out their in my opinion who available and better. 

(And don’t say Potch)

Edited by Pliskin

29 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Our best ever finish since we won the league and yet some are calling for his head.

Its a young side that will get better and ive no doubt he needs time. Yes I'm concerned about the players we're linked with and some star players on the decline but you can't just sack him.

It is really yes. 

Particularly when we were about 12 points clear of 5th at one point. 

To finish 7th would be a failure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It is really yes. 

Particularly when we were about 12 points clear of 5th at one point. 

To finish 7th would be a failure. 

I think if we don’t attain CL this year it’s going to get a lot harder the next few years, considering Newcastle with the Saudi takeover, are going to be major players too.

13 hours ago, ealingfox said:

It won't happen, but when we get to the end of the season we should part ways. Get him and Congerton out before they do too much permanent damage to the club. He won't do well for us in the Europa League, if we've even got that - his European record is crap. 

Go out and take a chance on another young manager. Let loser mentality players like Chilwell go, invest the money and let's come with a better approach next season.

Wow.... speechless 

Manager and clubs usually have a bad spell in a season. 

we are still 3rd despite the bad run, it will turn soon. We need a break or a bit of luck. Even yesterday when their guy blocks a header when he’s not even looking.

if we can get 3 win in our last 7 games i think that will be enough.

14 hours ago, Beechey said:

Do you expect him to work miracles when our bench has such illustrious, match winning players as Marc Albrighton, Hamza Choudhury, Ryan Bennett, Christian Fuchs, Nampalys Mendy, Demarai Gray, Wes Morgan and Kelechi Iheanacho?

Who do we bring off the bench to help us turn a game around? Maybe Kelechi and go two up front, but that's basically it, right?

Beyond Justin (probably) and Praet, I can't seriously say I'd be happy for many of them to start a major league game and not be worried about them.

Our squad depth is so poor. We have to temper expectations and realise where we are as a team. When Vardy's not firing we don't score goals, for example.

What is miraculous about bringing on the only striker he has on the bench for the last 30 minutes of a knockout game we're losing?

People are complaining because he seems incapable of making changes when changes are needed.

In addition he is the one who chose the defensive setup of the players on the bench and he is the one who didn't get any players in during the transfer period whilst allowing strikers to leave on loan.

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

What is miraculous about bringing on the only striker he has on the bench for the last 30 minutes of a knockout game we're losing?

People are complaining because he seems incapable of making changes when changes are needed.

In addition he is the one who chose the defensive setup of the players on the bench and he is the one who didn't get any players in during the transfer period whilst allowing strikers to leave on loan.

It would help if you actually read my post.

"Who do we bring off the bench to help us turn a game around? Maybe Kelechi and go two up front, but that's basically it, right?"

I think his changes were poor, but any change we make will almost certainly leave us a worse team on the pitch due to the lack of quality we have on the bench.

Edited by Beechey

57 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes it would be devastating for the club, players and fans. Can you imagine what that would do to the players esteem and belief?

The whole world would know how to beat us and our system.

Carrying that momentum into next season would be very scary indeed.

• Thanks 1

No one other than Chilwell is breaking lines and he doesn't have much end product yet. I knew we'd miss Ricardo but thought we'd try and compensate for his absence. We haven't and thus are very easy to play against at the moment. Someone is going to have to do that extra running, take risks and ultimately try to change the course of the game. Otherwise we're gonna lose 1-0/draw 0-0 every game. Massive 48 hours for the manager. This is exactly the sort of problem I thought he'd revel in, but at the moment he's looking rather over reliant on our (injured) right back.

Edited by sdb
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember when we were 7th under Puel and we were shit but everyone just kept pointing to the fact we were 7th, and then a month or so later we were about 14th?

We have been flying most of the season , it’s gone flat but that’s a standard thing with many in this squad , it will turn around , it’s obvious as a group they are struggling with no crowds at home the bite has gone 

if we finished 7th that’s above par for this squad we would be the best of the rest really outside the Big 6 

but I have no doubt we will Finish in top 4 we just need a win to spark us 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

3rd in the league. 

19 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

And Half a dozen clear points of 5th 

Half a dozen? There’s three points difference and in current form we’ll be looking over our shoulders at 6th. 

It’s genuinely at the point now I’m pretty sure, bar a complete and utter turnaround on the pitch and the sidelines, that Champion’s League is gone. I’m more worried about how we’re going to cope next season because clearly, even a break can’t stop the rot.

I’m counting on Brendan to find the answers hopefully not too late as to maintain Champion’s League. But the way he seems in denial about our performances being completely and utterly awful since December, bar Villa at home, it has me wondering a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Half a dozen? There’s three points difference and in current form we’ll be looking over our shoulders at 6th. 

It’s genuinely at the point now I’m pretty sure, bar a complete and utter turnaround on the pitch and the sidelines, that Champion’s League is gone. I’m more worried about how we’re going to cope next season because clearly, even a break can’t stop the rot.

I’m counting on Brendan to find the answers hopefully not too late as to maintain Champion’s League. But the way he seems in denial about our performances being completely and utterly awful since December, bar Villa at home, it has me wondering a bit.

Do you remember when this happened under Pearson twice.

we were top or 2nd in the championship, had a bad run then got into the playoffs on the last day, the next season we won the league.

they again when we were bottom of the league, we had a scrappy goal by king that sparked us to our survival. And we all know what happened the next season.

we just need a win then I’m sure we will be fine. I know it’s a bit if but if we get 2 wins this week. 6 points with 5 games left will look better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes it would be devastating for the club, players and fans. Can you imagine what that would do to the players esteem and belief?

The whole world would know how to beat us and our system.

Carrying that momentum into next season would be very scary indeed.

A bit like the 2012/13 season when we came back the following season and steam rollered the league?

On 27/06/2020 at 12:12, Danny Clender said:

Which ideas do you refer to?

(Sorry to bring this up again)

Just an example of Rodgers being stubborn I think we saw in yesterdays game. He started a strong 11 which was good to see for a cup game. However his changes again only are position for position and hoping the subs conjure up something different. 

I do feel we missed a chance and he could have tried 352 and put pressure against Rudiger and Zouma who looked very comfortable dealing with Vardy on his own. Also, Vardy is not going to play every minute of every game as we have 2 - 3 per week, so the chance to play Kelechi and Perez and tried them together could have been good practice, for when Vardy can not play and we wanted to try a new system.

Disappointing to lose of course, but I do feel in defeat we can still learn something and try new ideas, to change the game in our favour for example, and that is what disappointed me more than the result yesterday. I could not see us creating a decent chance in the 4-1-4-1 system and to persist with that for the entire game was a wasted opportunity. 

• Like 3