Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

We’ve gone from this !

To this 

what’s happened to our fans?

You mean.... what's happened to our football? If the fans are negative then blame the negative football.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Do you expect him to work miracles when our bench has such illustrious, match winning players as Marc Albrighton, Hamza Choudhury, Ryan Bennett, Christian Fuchs, Nampalys Mendy, Demarai Gray, Wes Morgan and Kelechi Iheanacho?

Who do we bring off the bench to help us turn a game around? Maybe Kelechi and go two up front, but that's basically it, right?

Beyond Justin (probably) and Praet, I can't seriously say I'd be happy for many of them to start a major league game and not be worried about them.

Our squad depth is so poor. We have to temper expectations and realise where we are as a team. When Vardy's not firing we don't score goals, for example.

Don’t disagree with any of that either. Still think he needs a look in the mirror and a word with himself though. Back to basics and get the job done - not trying to be too clever with selections and tactics. If we’re not creating and we’re not scoring, I’d expect a bloke paid £10 million pounds a year to be able to find some sort of solution to that, even if its half arsed. 

He’s got some work to do in the transfer market and I really hope he gets it right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

We’ve gone from this !

To this 

Us City Fans have always been a fickle bunch demanded the board sack a man who won us the premier league,  our first ever top flight championship, the very next season

always short sighted and never happy 

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Do you expect him to work miracles when our bench has such illustrious, match winning players as Marc Albrighton, Hamza Choudhury, Ryan Bennett, Christian Fuchs, Nampalys Mendy, Demarai Gray, Wes Morgan and Kelechi Iheanacho?

Who do we bring off the bench to help us turn a game around? Maybe Kelechi and go two up front, but that's basically it, right?

Beyond Justin (probably) and Praet, I can't seriously say I'd be happy for many of them to start a major league game and not be worried about them.

Our squad depth is so poor. We have to temper expectations and realise where we are as a team. When Vardy's not firing we don't score goals, for example.

This is the point I've been making, no strength in depth when we need it. Too many players on big contracts that are either not up to the job or on loan, it's killed what had been a brilliant season. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

We’ve gone from this !

To this 

Valid point however as fans we go off only what we can see on the pitch. Start of season and maybe due to the new manager bounce we were incredible. Since Christmas we have been shocking and Rodgers doesn't do anything to turn the games in our favour. Fans will always question a manager and rightly we have our opinion. 

Scotland is very comfortable as there is only 1 team really. Now he has to make changes, coach and he doesn't seem capable. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Lampard knew they were poor first half and made 3 subs. One of which scored. Great decision from him.

It was a knockout game and we persist with Vardy up front alone all game. Our lack in depth is shocking, bringing Albrighton for example, but he didn't even try the other striker (Kelech) in at least a 2 with Vardy.

Shocking.

"Our lack in depth" is spot on, Brendan's options are limited. Chelsea's bench was so much stronger. It was so much easier for Lampard to change things.

• Like 2

Beware the people who say he shouldn’t be questioned because we’re in the top 4. They’re the same people who said we were wrong to sack Ranieri as we were hurtling towards relegation.

Yes, Rodgers has bought himself time and patience through an exceptional start to this season. But he hasn’t bought immunity just as Ranieri hadn’t bought immunity from the sack or the right to take us down.

Bredan is clearly a good coach and he’s done a great job getting us where we are in the table. But I won’t ignore what I’m seeing in the last 17 games because of what’s gone before and he himself shouldn’t shy away from scrutinising that period.

He’s shown a worrying inability to halt this slump and, even with a few week’s rest and time for reflection, to correct our deficiencies going into lockdown.

• Like 3

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Beware the people who say he shouldn’t be questioned because we’re in the top 4. They’re the same people who said we were wrong to sack Ranieri as we were hurtling towards relegation.

Yes, Rodgers has bought himself time and patience through an exceptional start to this season. But he hasn’t bought immunity just as Ranieri hadn’t bought immunity from the sack or the right to take us down.

Bredan is clearly a good coach and he’s done a great job getting us where we are in the table. But I won’t ignore what I’m seeing in the last 17 games because of what’s gone before and he himself shouldn’t shy away from scrutinising that period.

He’s shown a worrying inability to halt this slump and, even with a few week’s rest and time for reflection, to correct our deficiencies going into lockdown.

The last paragraph is the most worrying thing for me. It was clear by mid-January that the team was struggling. At the time the inability to arrest the slump was put down to the volume of games we were playing.

Apart from the 2-3 weeks Rodgers was ill (which I think it’s fair to let him off!) he’s had nothing to do for 3 months but work out how to arrest the slump. That we’ve come back looking just as bad is the most concerning thing. This is not just 3 poor performances in a row, it’s a continuation of a pattern which had already been going on for a third of a season.

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Issue seems to be Vardy again he sulks manager gets the sack not sure if his missus and her million pound court case is on his mind but Rodgers needs to drop him he is not doing it at the moment 

Personally don’t think this is a Vardy issue. We’ve been found out and he hasn’t got a plan B. We need a big man on the bench, like when we had ulloa when we won the league. Our wingers are lower premiership quality so we should think about a change of formation to shake things up. 

• Like 2

Seriously, how can it be a Vardy issue? Did we look deadly in front of goal when he was injured before the break? People say 'Iheanacho needs a chance' - well, he had one last game. Did that help?

The manager is, right now, our own worst enemy. The exact combination of players, or the system, don't seem to be relevant. We are unfit, unmotivated, one-dimensional, dull as heck, lacking in movement off the ball, and the boss's tendency is to talk up a smattering of half-chances as if they represent a genuine bombardment of the opposition, when they don't. Some serious honesty is required if we're going to identify our problems.

BR either rethinks things - and that includes some aspects of his footballing philosophy, which belongs very much to 2014 and has been thoroughly sussed in 2020 - or this goes badly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It won't happen, but when we get to the end of the season we should part ways. Get him and Congerton out before they do too much permanent damage to the club. He won't do well for us in the Europa League, if we've even got that - his European record is crap. 

Go out and take a chance on another young manager. Let loser mentality players like Chilwell go, invest the money and let's come with a better approach next season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Massive, massive opportunity missed in Jan to inject some impetus in to the squad. Needed a wide man and a target man striker to give us that plan B. Ryan Bennett on loan only was not business of a team looking to cement its position.

We will have the close season to get new blood in and it feels very Tayloresk with this slump going in to it at the min. I hope for goodness sake that Rodgers and Congerton dont blow it on rubbish....

Sure I read either Liverpool or Celtic fans or maybe both saying he has no plan b. 

How evident that is right now. I don't think he knows his best team any more either 

Not to change it late on or even stick Evans/Soyuncu up top just to have some aerial threat in the box I found ridiculous. We played like we were one nil up....

38 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Sure I read either Liverpool or Celtic fans or maybe both saying he has no plan b. 

How evident that is right now. I don't think he knows his best team any more either 

Not to change it late on or even stick Evans/Soyuncu up top just to have some aerial threat in the box I found ridiculous. We played like we were one nil up....

Seems so stubborn a lot of the time, like he can’t make personal changes at half time 

when we have struggled to break down teams.

it ends up being more of the same for another 20 mins.

• Like 1

I'm getting increasingly concerned that he doesn't know how to fix this. Look at his reaction in that Brighton game to a shit 45 minutes against Lampard's earlier.

He is obviously a good coach but he has his limitations and we're seeing them.

I'm not saying sack him by any stretch but I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up happening before Christmas.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

It won't happen, but when we get to the end of the season we should part ways. Get him and Congerton out before they do too much permanent damage to the club. He won't do well for us in the Europa League, if we've even got that - his European record is crap. 

Go out and take a chance on another young manager. Let loser mentality players like Chilwell go, invest the money and let's come with a better approach next season.

Either you've had too much wine, you support cov or dare i say it, you sit in the west stand.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

What on earth are the substitutions? If anyone had any confidence in that last 20 mins that we would score with Albrighton, Gray, Youri, Hamza and N’didi providing for Vardy they need their head checking.

Or is the problem a lack of depth? Arguably yes but surely Kelechi would have been a better option?

Rodgers has become too predictable, he has the same group of players he uses for every game, the few who dont make the first 11 are almost certs to come on as subs.