Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

If you think "Pep" instilled that mentality in Liverpool, I can see how you think James Maddison is a "childish gangsta wannabe chump". 

Hahaha absolutely, that really made my case, now who's the chump 😂 So many thoughts, too old a brain to sort them out! 😂

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

Would you send him back to Newcastle for £30m? 

Yes you would.

Nope. He’s our 2nd choice 10, and our second choice striker, and his role during our good run was important, despite being played where he’s less effective... 

What I’d really like, is for us to actually sign an actual wide player, and then to play them on the wing. If we sign another bloody central midfielder I’ll pull my hair out...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

All I’d say is the pandemic has completely changed things ..  in terms of the break, teams getting players back and no fans ...   it seems to have had much more of an effect on us than others.    Not an excuse ..   just an observation.

I'd agree to an extent. The first game was never going to run smooth. I wasn't that upset with the point given they beat Man U and Liverpool there and the Pearson Factor.

Brighton though was god awful. They setup to frustrate us as best they could but we never got going at all.

We give Spurs plenty of grief but losing the Champions League spot would be right up there with them. Obviously it's not another Taylor in the making but Rodgers would be under massive pressure next season from the get go. Hitting form the next few games is vital.

20 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Totally agree. I said after the Brighton game, I can accept losing or drawing but not playing so poorly. I'm sure it wasnt the case but it felt like there was a lack of urgency, energy and even passion against Brighton. I don't accept the empty stadium excuse or the lack of fitness as it's the same for Brighton or for any team we play. Not sure what more motivation there can be than a chance to play in the champions league. 

One reason I think "any" transfer activity should be banned during season, by any I mean conversations between agents and clubs etc.  Is that imagine a situation of e.g. Player D has an agreement already made with man utd, but if he tries his best with us, we get into CL at expense of them, its a conflict of interest.

12 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

It is probably a coincidence because Ricky has improved each season (in fact, each week and each game) he’s been here. Not exactly sure how Perez almost always going missing in the defensive non-possession phase or falling over at the slightest breeze from an opposition has contributed to Ricky’s continued ascent as a player.

With all due respect, that two things happen at the same time does not necessarily there’s a causative relationship.

Spot on. Ricardo is good because he is, Perez has got bugger all to do with it.  It could be easily argued that Simpson contributed to Marhez for example because his stoic more traditional defensive right back performances allowed Marhez a certain amount of freedom. Perez is a weakling and falls over quite a bit, he also gives the ball away in poor positions. On the contrary, I would say Ricardo's usually excellent contributions are despite of Perez, not because of him.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Find me a player who was available last summer then at a cheaper price who’s contributed more goals and assists than Pérez this season if you don’t think that’s the market value. 

Times are changing, we aren’t gonna find a £400k Mahrez every 5 years otherwise everyone would be doing it. 

We should have taken Rondon as well , his formidable power gave Perez the freedom to use his considerable skills. We need much more physical presence its vital to our continued success.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Find me a player who was available last summer then at a cheaper price who’s contributed more goals and assists than Pérez this season if you don’t think that’s the market value. 

Times are changing, we aren’t gonna find a £400k Mahrez every 5 years otherwise everyone would be doing it. 

..2 things!!!

Your assertion that the price was £16m rising to £30m with add ons', where is the source.

With our setup and personnel a Right Winger taken from the Championship and a less price would have no doubt garnered the same figures if not surpassed his contribution.

Once again you are labouring the point regarding his stats, I have noted your arguments have been rebuffed on numerous occasions but you continue to raise the same point.

If I recall, he has scored 7 goals this season and with 3 against a team we beat 9 goals to nil. That means in the corresponding games he has contributed 4 goals.

Your are convinced in your stance of support for this player and it would seem no end of discourse will sway you in your assertions.

• Like 1

What on earth are the substitutions? If anyone had any confidence in that last 20 mins that we would score with Albrighton, Gray, Youri, Hamza and N’didi providing for Vardy they need their head checking.

Or is the problem a lack of depth? Arguably yes but surely Kelechi would have been a better option?

Edited by lcfcben76

7 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Absolute disgrace today. No plan b what so ever. 1 - 0 down in the fa cup semi final and we just play a knackered Vardy up front on his own with a striker sat on the bench. 

Couldn't believe what I was watching. 

He hasn't even got a plan a by the looks of it. Losing my patience with this pathetic surrender. At least make it difficult for people to beat us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Absolute disgrace today. No plan b what so ever. 1 - 0 down in the fa cup semi final and we just play a knackered Vardy up front on his own with a striker sat on the bench. 

Couldn't believe what I was watching. 

Same.... knockout game and we just persist with Vardy up top on his own.

Another inept performance from Rodgers. He was outdone by Lampard today. They made 3 changes to improve his side and at half time and we do nothing. Again when losing there was no ideas or even looking like we could get a goal. Why not use 5 subs, why not try a new formation when 4-1-4-1 is not working. He could have gone 352 and played both Vardy and Kelechi up front. Rodgers doesn't make changes to impact a game which is extremely worrying. Anyone can put a teams best 11 on the pitch at kick off, top manager and coaching staff are able to make changes during the game to win. Extremely worrying.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Unique FC said:

Another inept performance from Rodgers. He was outdone by Lampard today. They made 3 changes to improve his side and at half time and we do nothing. Again when losing there was no ideas or even looking like we could get a goal. Why not use 5 subs, why not try a new formation when 4-1-4-1 is not working. He could have gone 352 and played both Vardy and Kelechi up front. Rodgers doesn't make changes to impact a game which is extremely worrying. Anyone can put a teams best 11 on the pitch at kick off, top manager and coaching staff are able to make changes during the game to win. Extremely worrying.. 

Lampard knew they were poor first half and made 3 subs. One of which scored. Great decision from him.

It was a knockout game and we persist with Vardy up front alone all game. Our lack in depth is shocking, bringing Albrighton for example, but he didn't even try the other striker (Kelech) in at least a 2 with Vardy.

Shocking.

• Like 3

Had to bring nacho on for the last 10/15 mins at least. If not stick Evans or soyuncu up front. Rodgers did neither. I am questioning him tactically in the last few games. I know his options were limited but do something differently. We kept the same system despite being 1 nil down. 

• Like 1

I don't doubt for a second that he is a great coach but my biggest worry is that he believes his own hype. He's been trying to constantly tinker and tweak as though he's some kind of tactical maestro yet still shows a complete unwillingness to deviate from his philosophy because if you have a striker sat on the bench in a cup game and don't use him it's a worry. That and with 3 mins to go you've still got guys dawdling on the ball rather than getting it out of their feet and making a forward pass (even if that's on the floor). 

Even his constant praising of the team in interviews and complete lack of acknowledgement of poor performances says he's not willing to accept the reality that things are working. Now, I'm not saying he should be slagging the players off, and the ability to not get too up or down was one of the things that made Pearson a brilliant man manager, but there comes a point when you have to start calling the players out. Unless he really is that ignorant/self absorbed, which I hope not.

If he can show a little more humility then I've no doubt he'll get our form turned round.

• Like 4

Agreed, Rodgers takes too long to make changes, and today in an important cup game does nothing. Clearly could see we had no chance of scoring with that set up and never once looked to change formation and play 2 up top. 

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Blokes a con artist. He’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and the sooner he realises that the better. He needs to get his head out of his arse. 

Do you expect him to work miracles when our bench has such illustrious, match winning players as Marc Albrighton, Hamza Choudhury, Ryan Bennett, Christian Fuchs, Nampalys Mendy, Demarai Gray, Wes Morgan and Kelechi Iheanacho?

Who do we bring off the bench to help us turn a game around? Maybe Kelechi and go two up front, but that's basically it, right?

Beyond Justin (probably) and Praet, I can't seriously say I'd be happy for many of them to start a major league game and not be worried about them.

Our squad depth is so poor. We have to temper expectations and realise where we are as a team. When Vardy's not firing we don't score goals, for example.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 4

We’ve gone from this !

On 29/09/2019 at 18:25, LinekersLugs said:

This guy is a genius 

we are so so lucky to have him 

something really special building 

very special 

To this 

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Bloke’s a con artist. He’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and the sooner he realises that the better. He needs to get his head out of his arse. 

what’s happened to our fans?

• Like 3