Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

On 05/07/2020 at 00:46, SO1 said:

I'm curious about a pre game(cp) and replay today of a water break during the Everton match(sky). Rodgers was very emotional with who I think was Praet on the sideline. Interesting stuff for Rodgers who usually is so calm.

Yes I noticed that also, didn't he get substituted shortly after that?

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes I noticed that also, didn't he get substituted shortly after that?

Thanks for responding. Maddison came on for him at the half. So it must have been the first break. Wish I could find video of that.

A bit late to discuss maybe but that "interchange" really blew my hair back. Especially watching Praet trying to knock him back. Perhaps Rodgers not always the mild mannered gent I thought him to be. Could feel the intensity.

Some times I can't help myself being a bit of a "Drama Queen"

• 2 weeks later...

He really doesn't look like a happy player at the moment. His reaction to Brendan in the drinks break was from a player that doesn't respect his manager, he has looked furious too when he has been taken off. Something has happened between the two of them...

1 hour ago, Hales said:

He really doesn't look like a happy player at the moment. His reaction to Brendan in the drinks break was from a player that doesn't respect his manager, he has looked furious too when he has been taken off. Something has happened between the two of them...

I agree - would definitely not be surprised to see him move on. He wants to be playing and his form doesn’t say ‘play me’ or ‘I’m a safe pair of hands’.  After all, we could easily decide to go three in the middle and Dennis doesn’t currently seem motivated to be that man ahead of hamza. 

For me, I think he’s been anonymous since he arrived. I get that we all, myself included, desperately search for signs of brilliance. But the truth in my head is that he’s been virtually without influence in a game since joining. Not talking about can he run or pass. But influence. Like doing something that actually impacts the game. So very, very little by way of return. 

I like him and he has done some great things but something is not clicking between him and Brendan which is surprising given Brendan's man management skills. Dennis just looks thoroughly unhappy everytime I see him. That's sad to see and maybe he isn't in the position he thought he would be in? Maybe he isn't happy with warming the bench so much? He is subbed a lot when he starts and many times it has seemingly been unjustified. I don't think fitness is the issue so I feel like there is something going on between him and Brendan. He also doesn't seem to have fitted in with the team as much as others have e.g Perez and Youri.....

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

For me, I think he’s been anonymous since he arrived. I get that we all, myself included, desperately search for signs of brilliance. But the truth in my head is that he’s been virtually without influence in a game since joining. Not talking about can he run or pass. But influence. Like doing something that actually impacts the game. So very, very little by way of return. 

He was brilliant at home to Newcastle and away at Villa in the league, there's been other very good performances or cameos but none since the restart. Sadly it feels his best form has been in early 2020 when as a whole the team nose dived and therefore his impact has been forgotten somewhat.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was brilliant at home to Newcastle and away at Villa in the league, there's been other very good performances or cameos but none since the restart. Sadly it feels his best form has been in early 2020 when as a whole the team nose dived and therefore his impact has been forgotten somewhat.

Ten out of ten for your powers of recall, Ric. Confess they’d slipped my mind. Sure I’m as guilty as everyone else of finding info that supports my beliefs.