Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure about this ... Should managers be allowed to call out players from other clubs publicly??  Hamza’s challenge wasn’t dangerous  - he just took one for the team ....wasn’t high, wasn’t dangerous, wasn’t out of control 

klopps comments designed to take any heat off mane’s ‘dive’ for fear they may not get a decision next game ...... ...

bruce and now klopp have both called out hamza after games ..... its unacceptable and classless from klopp. He certainly wouldn’t  do that to a player from a top six club. I think the FA should get involved in this and remind managers of their responsibilities, especially given the social media stuff that followed his comments ......l.l

I totally agree with you in terms of Hamza's application, I thought it was amazing, I've not seen deliberate foul play from us in a long time, Hamza would step into the Colombian national team tomorrow. 

To answer your question.

Yes, I do think managers should be able to call out opposition players publicly. I think it's a sign of the times and players have to be prepared for it. 

If there's anything slanderous or unfounded in their comments, then managers will be accountable, so they have to say the truth still.

Klopp is the voice of his club and he's also a fan, hence why he talks like one. His comments were exactly what the fans were saying and yes, obviously deflection tactics as you say. 

Most Football Managers post match comments are so boring, diplomatic, pointless and delivered in that default low flat monotone voice, Klopp's aren't. 

Social Media comments happen without the managers lead.

This has nothing to do with the retarded comments Hamza faced either. 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How did VAR miss this? 

Lallana throwing a punch/kick as kasper tries to get the ball up the pitch. 

Notice his argument ends as Soy comes charging in, you'd be a mad man to fight him 

VAR also seems to have missed his encroachment into the area before the ball is kicked.  They were red hot on this at the world cup but our sorry lot of referees are inept.

Anyone saying Vardy has bought us a few penalties over the years, is correct. 

Anyone saying that Vardy would have been given a 94th minute penalty in front of the kop, for that tackle is obviously off their f#ckin tits. 

The penalty decision will rumble on. 

Mane's theatrics from the slightest of contact was outrageous and should be punished. 

It won't be though. 

Fair play/respect my arse

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Agreed with a lot of your post except klopp. Very complimentary is easy when you have won and his attack on chouds is disgusting,  he wants to look at what his players were upto. Would love man city to win it by a point again horrible club full of glory hunting tourist fans.

Yeah, understand you. 

I think Klopp was just saying what every Liverpool fan was thinking, I don't think he said anything out of line and as always, where's there's prosecution, there's defence, which Hamza's had 100% backing from every Leicester fan. 

I think Klopp's a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of lobotomised managers up and down the leagues. 

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

VAR also seems to have missed his encroachment into the area before the ball is kicked.  They were red hot on this at the world cup but our sorry lot of referees are inept.

Exactly, he's well into the box prior to Milner kicking it. Too much variation in how rules are sanctioned. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Soft pen but it was a pen - truthfully under the circumstances the ref shouldn't have given it but it wasn't going to be overturned.  As we saw in the F.A. Cup last year Albrighton can be prone to panic-driven brain farts late in matches, and no way in hell he should have made that challenge.

It was a credible, workmanlike performance and would have been a great point.  But 18-2 in shots and 8-1 on target?  It's not like they weren't the better team.  Then good thing is even though we lost a point, we didn't give an extra two to anybody we're competing with in the standings.  Take encouragement from it, feel righteous indignation at the ref and move on.

soft pen it was as soft as they come he blatantly took a dive as soon as he felt contact from Albrighton.

Klopp bangs on about all this pro football they play but one of his players has cheated 3 points yesterday. so well done to you.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Ive not posted since the game as just too disappointed and gutted to think about, hard to accept. 

However now ive calmed down, my honest assessment is that we only had ourselves to blame.  Yes the penalty is soft but albrighton gives the ref a choice and clearly Mane made the most of it, same as vardy would of done if he was in that position too. Watched it numerous times and it could of been avoided so easily! There's only the odd liverpool player in the box for Mane to pass to so we would of more likely of defended it anyway. Gutting really that late in the game 

As for them saying Hamza deserved red, absolutely ridiculous comment. You see them every week in football, klopp was only angry because Salah was injured from it.

It was actually a foul on soyuncu before that, blatant push in his back 

Just hope we can bounce back, we're in a great league position having had a real tricky start on paper so lets get back to winning starting against Burnley 

45 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Yeah, understand you. 

I think Klopp was just saying what every Liverpool fan was thinking, I don't think he said anything out of line and as always, where's there's prosecution, there's defence, which Hamza's had 100% backing from every Leicester fan. 

I think Klopp's a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of lobotomised managers up and down the leagues. 

He’s really not a breath of fresh air. Check every paper today it’s about Hamza, not the dive. 

He’s successful avoided the coverage about Mane diving and the potential impact of referees/media coverage taking a closer look at that. 

Now the referees/media coverage take a closer look at Hamza 

• Like 3

Not sure about the papers, but I assume you talking about how their leading with the racist abuse targeted against Hamza?

That's what I'm seeing online anyway, that's positive it's being highlighted. 

Wouldn't get too carried away, literally thousands of players throughout history have dealt with far more serious reputations than Hamza has right now. 

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s really not a breath of fresh air. Check every paper today it’s about Hamza, not the dive. 

He’s successful avoided the coverage about Mane diving and the potential impact of referees/media coverage taking a closer look at that. 

Now the referees/media coverage take a closer look at Hamza 

Not sure about the papers, but I assume you talking about how their leading with the racist abuse targeted against Hamza?

Wouldn't get too carried away, literally thousands of players throughout history have dealt with far more serious reputations than Hamza has right now. 

5 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Klopp knew what he was doing. By saying “I don’t wish anything bad against the lad” he was aware he’d stir up the hate. Liverpool fans (non tourists) are absolute sub human scum. 

• Like 2

Mane takes a step after the contact as normal, then once he realises Albrighton was in contact twisted his entire body and went down. 

It’s quite obvious after watching a couple angles of the incident.

Absolutely disgusted by that. Sickening to lose by a last minute penalty especially when it’s a dive.  

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Klopp knew what he was doing. By saying “I don’t wish anything bad against the lad” he was aware he’d stir up the hate. Liverpool fans (non tourists) are absolute sub human scum. 

"Liverpool fans (non tourists) are absolute sub human scum"

Let's consider that a fractional amount of all Football teams fans will say this about another teams fans, it basically means we are all absolute sub human scum. 

9 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Mane takes a step after the contact as normal, then once he realises Albrighton was in contact twisted his entire body and went down. 

It’s quite obvious after watching a couple angles of the incident.

Absolutely disgusted by that. Sickening to lose by a last minute penalty especially when it’s a dive.  

Even worse when you see VAR weren't able to realise that after viewing the incident in slow mo and through various different angles.

36 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Sky’s Sunday Supplement for example had 10 minutes on Hamza being a dangerous player. 

When buying a newspaper earlier, bylines such as ‘Liverpool win but Klopp fumes over tackle’

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sky’s Sunday Supplement for example had 10 minutes on Hamza being a dangerous player. 

When buying a newspaper earlier, bylines such as ‘Liverpool win but Klopp fumes over tackle’

You're totally right, but anybody with an IQ above 5 should be able to see through the agenda they're creating. 

As for the papers, that's standard, surely you're used to that by now?

If we'd have won, it would have been still been geared to favour Liverpool, they are the absolute darlings again. 

You take from the media what you want. 

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even worse when you see VAR weren't able to realise that after viewing the incident in slow mo and through various different angles.

Mane also pretended to be injured until the VAR check was over. Then just got to his feet. Pathetic.

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

You're totally right, but anybody with an IQ above 5 should be able to see through the agenda they're creating. 

As for the papers, that's standard, surely you're used to that by now?

If we'd have won, it would have been still been geared to favour Liverpool, they are the absolute darlings again. 

You take from the media what you want. 

You’ve missed my biggest point, it’s nothing to do with Liverpool and the media bias to them. 

Klopp has released an opinion on a player which is going to stick to Hamza in the media and the referees will look for it. The media are instead not discussing the number of weak penalties Liverpool continually get. 

Media will sell the lines of Klopp because they are more popular and sell more. He could have chose to defend Mane but he didn’t. That would have placed an emphasis on analysis of Liverpool winning penalty which has an effect on the FA and the GPMO 

By picking on Hamza, the emphasis is placed elsewhere whilst leaving a player on trial by media. 

It’s a horrible tactic and something you’d associate with the more narcissistic managers out there 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1