Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

It was harsh for us to lose this way but I'm still disappointed with how we are playing away at the big clubs this season, the lack of chances created again. Saltzburg carved through them with ease mid week and Adrian isn't exactly a top class keeper, we tested him once. Vardy used to be a threat against the big six but not anymore.

SmartSelect_20191005-185958_BBC Sport.jpg

How is this gone two pages without someone calling b#llsh#t?

3 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Didn't even get a free kick. Symptomatic of Kavanagh's entire game, didn't think that was a foul, thought the peno was. An actual incident of maliciously kicking someone in the leg is fine, but touch a Liverpool player slightly and your in trouble.

I'm sure we'll get a load of dodgy pens in our favour at home though, won't we? Oh wait, no. These pricks who somehow give the home team everything never seem to turn up at our place to give us freebie penos.

I actually feel a bit uneasy and embarrassed whenever we profit from a dodgy penalty decision at home.

In contrast many Liverpool and Man U fans seem to feel entitled to a least 1 penalty per game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

Thought Praet and Soyuncu were great today, they were just quicker in thought, in transition and slightly better in passing but I have the feeling we can get to somewhere near that level during the season. 

That's how I felt before the match. That this had come a couple months too early. There's no way we've even begun to peak yet. Liverpool have been playing together as a squad/attacking unit for two to three years and it shows. Connections take time.

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Shouldn't it have been retaken?

AE5F4AF2-416B-45C9-B79C-8B1297BC05C7.jpeg

That's a fair point. Encrouching in the box. But the bigger point for me is this.

Look at Milner body position the Ball was always only going in one place, which his favorite side anyway. But my point i why is Kasper diving the wrong way.

If he stares the Ball down he saves that. Absolutely stupid from Kasper.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ben Chilwell was terrible on the ball today.

Awful start to the season from him, if England had another left back he wouldn’t be starting for them.

I thought he had his best game so far this season. But why doesn't he look up before crossing or take a shot on when he gets into position.

30 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

On non football front,... me and my mate were back after the game only to get headbutted, while my mate get punched in the throat. Sadly I never got a good sight of the ba*stard as he ran off soon after while I was on the ground. Credit to some Liverpool supporters who came to check if were alright. 

On the football front, we were up against it today. I felt Liverpool squeezed the life out of us most of it. But credit to our defenders who kept us in it. As usual when things don't go there way they get a pen. 

Loads of stuff kicking off after the game. Some twat of a leicester ‘fan’ trying to scrap one of the stewards, a bunch of old boys bouncing around in their Nike air maxes about scrapping outside.

21 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Still that killer winger missing, an outlet out wide who can hurt and effect the game at important times. Appreciate these guys arent readily available off the shelf but as we evolve this season cant help feeling it's an area that will continue to be more obvious.

Sure its pretty obvious to Rodgers and the club. Not a position where you can go out and buy ready to go off the shelf without spending a fortune(30/50mil)and the right age(resale value}. It may be that the only way we'll get someone of the quality that we need is European football. I'd rather wait then waste millions on someone questionable.

The money is in the bank and waiting.:scarf:

You could just feel that Liverpool gonna take the points away somehow. They have been doing that since last year.

They were really lucky today but that is more of a statement about our team than Liverpool. They are a really good team and they needed luck to beat us. we preformed in a way befitting of our standing on the table. 

We got lucky in the Spurs game and Liverpool got lucky today. That's the nature of football I guess. Onward and upwards.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

You could just feel that Liverpool gonna take the points away somehow. They have been doing that since last year.

They were really lucky today but that is more of a statement about our team than Liverpool. They are a really good team and they needed luck to beat us. we preformed in a way befitting of our standing on the table. 

We got lucky in the Spurs game and Liverpool got lucky today. That's the nature of football I guess. Onward and upwards.

Agree. Every team gets it share of luck good or bad throughout the season. No team won the league without a bit of luck on the way. We certainly had our fair share in 15/16. 

Ultimately we lost to the better team overall but it took two individual errors and a bit of help from the ref. You could also say our goal owed more than a little to poor goalkeeping.

we have not done ourselves any harm here and should be proud of the fight we made of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Why did var not flag up the mane dive? Really struggling with this one 

There was contact and the video ref clearly didn't believe the decision was a clear and obvious error.

If there's contact and it is given, I don't see it being overturned.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

There was contact and the video ref clearly didn't believe the decision was a clear and obvious error.

If there's contact and it is given, I don't see it being overturned.

It was clearly an error as he dived. One look at a replay confirms that 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sishades said:

Dear Brendan

Please stop putting Maddison on THE FECKING WING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Calmly

All of us on Foxes Forum

I'm going to have to defend Brendan here, Maddison wasn't on the wing. 

No f.ucker was, the amount of times the left wing was bare was unreal. Chilwell would receive the ball and then have to wait for Tielemans or Maddison to come over to the wing. 

Don't know if it was just BR trying to get Maddison back in without taking Praet off or he had highlighted Liverpool's left side as the weak side, so wanted to attack there.