Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

How did VAR miss this? 

Lallana throwing a punch/kick as kasper tries to get the ball up the pitch. 

Notice his argument ends as Soy comes charging in, you'd be a mad man to fight him 

He's also a yard inside to box when the ball is struck. Disgusting refereeing.

52 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't see the point in the monitor if they aren't going to use it. 

If they're taking time to make a decision, at least use the technology 

I think the VAR Refs are afraid of going against the decision of the Official on the pitch as it would look like they are undermining their mate. Dermot Gallagher said if the Ref didn’t give there’s no way VAR would have given it...

56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's also a yard inside to box when the ball is struck. Disgusting refereeing.

Top 4 bias again, The FA want Liverpool to win the Premier League and do whatever they can to make sure they do....

Watched Sunday Supplement and Goals on Sunday this morning in which the overwhelming view was that it was a penalty because there was “contact”. 

Since when has “contact” been the criteria by which a penalty is properly awarded ? 

These are experienced journalists and ex players who are expressing these views. I’d be very interested to see whether they would have come to the same conclusion if VVD had made exactly the same challenge on Jamie Vardy in the last minute with JV going down like he’d been shot. I suspect not !

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Watched Sunday Supplement and Goals on Sunday this morning in which the overwhelming view was that it was a penalty because there was “contact”. 

Since when has “contact” been the criteria by which a penalty is properly awarded ? 

These are experienced journalists and ex players who are expressing these views. I’d be very interested to see whether they would have come to the same conclusion if VVD had made exactly the same challenge on Jamie Vardy in the last minute with JV going down like he’d been shot. I suspect not !

For me it wasn't a penalty, he simulates the level of contact and buys the decision.

But, spoke to my friend who isn't a fan of either side, and can see why it was given. Vardy has himself bought a few penalties, And we'd be pissed if it was the other way round and not given.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

For me it wasn't a penalty, he simulates the level of contact and buys the decision.

But, spoke to my friend who isn't a fan of either side, and can see why it was given. Vardy has himself bought a few penalties, And we'd be pissed if it was the other way round and not given.

I’d be happy if it was given but not pissed if it wasn’t 

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d be happy if it was given but not pissed if it wasn’t 

Fair enough, you're a calmer supporter than me :D

But as others have mentioned, This type of simulation needs removing from play. I don't care about "clear and obvious", if there's a touch and they go down like they've been shot it's simulation and its been done to con the ref and should be overturned.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Not a lot to say to this total load of tosh really!

... not sure why you would make that comment! 

We lost to United in perhaps our worst performance and West Ham beat them next game, they have now lost to Newcastle. Rodgers' has got it wrong again, no guarantee that we would have beaten Liverpool but he surely undermined the team with his formation!! 

9 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Liverpool overall probably deserved win, however I never ever and will never like losing games to dodgy penalties.

Apparently liverpool have been consistently getting decisions for about 18 months now, someone out there wants them winning titles again.  However the FA need to be careful as no one likes totally dominant teams, people hated them in the 80s for a reason, they were just too dominant.  Also seeing some arrogant liverpool fans pop out the woodwork going on about how we lucky not to get battered legit pen etc, we see the real reason they like things like FFP as its there rightful place to be dominant.  

Also VAR a pattern is emerging that they are only able to overturn linesman decisions (offside) but not referee decisions, if they not prepared to do that then VAR is dead.  In the past you could put bad decisions down to "heat of the moment thing", but the fact bad decisions stay bad after watching replays shows there is some kind of human emotion attached to decisions as well.  I think VAR needs to be manned by non FA staff, like foreign referees or a different independent body.

Totally agree. All said and done it is the referees union. Call it as a clear and obvious error is to undermine the decision and we all know that however horrendous it might be the FA always back the ref no matter that everyone else can see that is is wrong. (And woe betide any manager that dares to call them into question as they will almost inevitably get fined for bringing the game into disrepute or some such)

Just on mane's dive I thought there was a rule that if a player is subsequently found to have deceived the ref into wrongly awarding a decision through simulation that carried an automatic ban. I suppose though that the FA can hide behind the fact that var upheld the decision (see above). 

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Can't wait for the home game. Would love us to derail their title bid.

Oh the KP will be properly up for that one. Boxing Day, kicking off near dark. Everyone’s itching to let off some steam about that argument or that shit present or the inevitably disappointing Doctor Who special. 30,000 people roaring for revenge and in full support of Hamza. 

cant ****ing wait.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Top 4 bias again, The FA want Liverpool to win the Premier League and do whatever they can to make sure they do....

There is no question in my mind that the P/L want one of Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea to win the P/L because it helps them sell their product around the world. It always makes me wonder if referees are under some sort of pressure to ensure those clubs get the really big decisions.

It's probably OK, (once every 25 years or so!) if someone like us wins it just because it gets them different headlines, but it's those 5 clubs that sell the P/L, it's those 5 clubs that people around the world want to watch and who get the big TV audiences, and it's those 5 clubs that get the big publicity and headlines. (Who remembers Blackburn winning the P/L?)

Out here, it's very rare to see any Thai's wearing football tops of any other English club. I've never seen anyone wearing a Watford, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, Palace, West Ham, Southampton, Wolves, Brighton, Burnley or Everton shirt, and even Spuds shirts are very, very rare.

I see more Leicester City shirts than all of those clubs put together, although that could be because of our Thai links, as much as our P/L win. In fact my Thai neighbour out here often wears a Vardy 9 Leicester shirt. I've never spoken to him as he can't speak English, and I can't speak Thai, so him wearing it had nothing to do with me!

• Like 1

Delusional scouse journalism.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/match-day-pundits-doubters-missed-17042240

What they failed to realise is..if , as the expected goals (xG) stats seem to suggest , it should have been 4-0..then we have a better defense than they have or they have a very blunt and inadequate strike force. Either way it all balances out and the final score is what it is...

A draw would have been the fairer result, as neutral pundits agree it wasn't a penalty and VAR was at fault.

IMO...without Mane..we would have won.

34 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

There is no question in my mind that the P/L want one of Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea to win the P/L because it helps them sell their product around the world. It always makes me wonder if referees are under some sort of pressure to ensure those clubs get the really big decisions.

It's probably OK, (once every 25 years or so!) if someone like us wins it just because it gets them different headlines, but it's those 5 clubs that sell the P/L, it's those 5 clubs that people around the world want to watch and who get the big TV audiences, and it's those 5 clubs that get the big publicity and headlines. (Who remembers Blackburn winning the P/L?)

Out here, it's very rare to see any Thai's wearing football tops of any other English club. I've never seen anyone wearing a Watford, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, Palace, West Ham, Southampton, Wolves, Brighton, Burnley or Everton shirt, and even Spuds shirts are very, very rare.

I see more Leicester City shirts than all of those clubs put together, although that could be because of our Thai links, as much as our P/L win. In fact my Thai neighbour out here often wears a Vardy 9 Leicester shirt. I've never spoken to him as he can't speak English, and I can't speak Thai, so him wearing it had nothing to do with me!

How do you explain the advert using us in terminal 5 at Heathrow ??

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How do you explain the advert using us in terminal 5 at Heathrow ??

Haven't seen those Ads, but for every advert showing us, I'd bet there are 100 adverts featuring Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Nearly every TV ad features those teams. Nearly every schedule is based around those clubs, especially as the season progresses.

Our win was the 'one in 25 years' which does help them short term, but worldwide audiences don't watch Leicester City. (I think only 65,000 tuned in for some of out champions league matches). I still think they would much prefer one of those five clubs winning the P/L, year in year out, in order to sell their product.

• Like 1