Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

They were clean through before Albrighton excellently tracked back to win the ball. Harsh to say brain fart on this one. Kasper calls for it, but then gets cut up. I'd like to see if the players that came across was offside to be honest, because he is certainly interfering with the keeper. 

Harsh to slate Albrighton on this one I think. If he'd hoofed it for a corner and they'd scored we be slating him for not letting Kasper retrieve it. 

Players not being able to defend a corner wouldn’t be the fault of Albrighton for clearing the ball, if they’d scored from any resulting corner. It was a moronic decision from Albrighton not to clear it regardless of whether Mane dived. 

14 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Cant be beaten from open play by the top teams or so called.

I hope for nothing but misery for liverpool the most hated team in the league possibly the world

Good point, its only the 2 very soft penalties that we have been beaten by and both of those were not penalties imo 

16 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Players not being able to defend a corner wouldn’t be the fault of Albrighton for clearing the ball, if they’d scored from any resulting corner. It was a moronic decision from Albrighton not to clear it regardless of whether Mane dived. 

You can't blame Albrighton for that, 

• Like 1

Hopefully this will push us forward. We have competed with the Champions of Europe and lost via a last minute disputed penalty. They created more where as we created little but would put that down to a poor final ball rather than being negative. Vardy should have done a lot better with his one on one but it happens. Liverpool are a really good side and we have given them a game and they know it. However the success of our season should not be based on a loss at Anfield or the result at the Etihad but on the other fixtures and the fact we should not be afraid of any team. 

I'm sickened by this result. Still today. 

I'm not even consoled that we play these elite teams as equals. In fact it makes it worse. We didn't even play that well (though that's credit to Liverpool who didn't allow us to) yet can still stand toe to toe 

Fwiw, and this isn't bitterness, I think they are a step down from.Man City still. The defence is better but I'd take Silva, Aguero, Mahrez, Sane etc over Salah and Mane. 

Midfield isn't even close. 

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How is that karma?

Offside is offside.

This penalty dive is definitely controversial.

Win some lose some.

Irrelevant whether the toe was technically offside we were still bloody lucky and we were bloody unlucky mane influenced a weak ref.

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

‘Morning after’ reflections on yesterday:

1) We were second best to Liverpool for most of the game. Their passing and movement was much slicker and accurate than ours. We gave the ball away far too cheaply (especially Chilwell, who did it constantly).

2) We defended well, stayed in the game and got the reward of an unlikely equaliser with our first shot on target.

3) Liverpool were rattled and desperate at the end. Albrighton’s brain freeze and Mane’s cheating allowed the biased ref to get them out of jail.

4) Jurgen Klopp is not just a weirdo - he is malicious and obnoxious and needs someone to take him down a peg or two (preferably with some damage to those horrible pearly white teeth).

5) The agony of this defeat will make us stronger.

Interesting comments. In reply, I thought.

1) I felt we were pretty comfortable for the majority of the match. Their passing was crisper and better, but we were not that far behind, apart from our final or attacking passes. Chilwell's delivery was very poor for an England International. I felt he lacked support on the left side and was almost in panic mode at times. He looks a much better player when Albrighton is in front of him knowing he'll be covered if he messes up. Maddison, and Barnes, just don't give Chilwell enough defensive support.

2) Evans & Soyuncu were excellent and in control in central defense and it took a fantastic pass for the first goal. Our forward play was poor as no-one seemed to want to take responsibility. Although Praet did have a great shot, just wide, and Vardy had almost a one on one which he couldn't take due to a poor first touch.

3) Totally agree. After Maddison scored, I felt we were in control and more likely to win than Liverpool. Albrighton has done this before and should have learnt that a whistle happy referee, at an away ground where almost every important decision went to Liverpool, is almost always going to give a penalty.

4) Klopp should have more class, and polish his glasses instead of his teeth. Salah and Mane were pulling our players all match, as were our players, although the ref was far more happy giving Liverpool free kicks that us. There were many poor tackles in the match, from both sides. Choudhury's 'gentle' tackle shouldn't even have occurred because Salah clearly fouled Soyuncu as his run stated. And funny how Klopp forgot the tackle on Tielemans too. 

5) Hopefully, we will learn, but as we're the leading team in the P/L for losing matches in injury time (4 since the start of last season) it certainly hasn't sunk into the players heads yet.

Still fvcked off.  Cheating fvckin Mane going down as if he’s had his foot chopped off with a rusty axe. And fvckin clip clop ignoring that and ranting on about Hamza who gets dogs abuse from scouse cvnts on social media ...    fvck off !!

• Like 2

They will probably breeze it to the league title, even City aren’t up to their standard this season. So we can be proud that we made them sweat. It is painfully apparent that we need to spend some money in January to make that push into the top 6. If we invest wisely and can bring in an attacking player I think 3rd is doable. We’re a bloody good side.

Liverpool overall probably deserved win, however I never ever and will never like losing games to dodgy penalties.

Apparently liverpool have been consistently getting decisions for about 18 months now, someone out there wants them winning titles again.  However the FA need to be careful as no one likes totally dominant teams, people hated them in the 80s for a reason, they were just too dominant.  Also seeing some arrogant liverpool fans pop out the woodwork going on about how we lucky not to get battered legit pen etc, we see the real reason they like things like FFP as its there rightful place to be dominant.  

Also VAR a pattern is emerging that they are only able to overturn linesman decisions (offside) but not referee decisions, if they not prepared to do that then VAR is dead.  In the past you could put bad decisions down to "heat of the moment thing", but the fact bad decisions stay bad after watching replays shows there is some kind of human emotion attached to decisions as well.  I think VAR needs to be manned by non FA staff, like foreign referees or a different independent body.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They will probably breeze it to the league title, even City aren’t up to their standard this season. So we can be proud that we made them sweat. It is painfully apparent that we need to spend some money in January to make that push into the top 6. If we invest wisely and can bring in an attacking player I think 3rd is doable. We’re a bloody good side.

Away to pool doesnt decide if we get top 6.

Beat every team twice in the bottom 10 then thats 60 points.  Then its another 5-10 on top of that for CL place.

Liverpool are in a level of their own, they comfortably swept aside arsenal at home.  But we are now up to chelsea, spurs, and arsenal level.

Edited by Chrysalis

A gutting result. People saying that “we didn’t pose an attacking threat” I disagree, forget what the match stats say a minute. We had nearly 50% of the ball, Soyüncu could’ve scored, if Vardy had hit it first time he could’ve too and Praet was inches away.

Our game plan was to sit deep and frustrate Liverpool which we did for the most part. To go to Anfield and lose in the 95th minute, only to bent referring says a l lot about us. This is a fantastic squad and I’m convinced this will have the same impact on us as the 15/16 loss at Arsenal did. 
Oh and 3 other things: Klöpp really is a d*ck

Kavanagh needs to be sacked
Man City will still win it 

• Like 1