Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Brylcream Ben.  Sensational since Southampton.  In the last few games he has even outperformed Ricardo and everything seems to be coming up the left from an attacking point of view.  Brilliant at driving forward and gaining territory and his crossing seems to have improved massively.  No more aimless balls into the box, he can now pick a man with a pass into the box. 

It's odd how most of us thought with Perez and Barnes that they'd get their first goal and get the confidence to really kick on from there. The biggest effect however seems to have been on Chilwell, he seems to have developed end product on par with Ricky pretty much overnight. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Forgive me for repeating a point I've made before, but he never tackles. Has anyone got stats in this or am I imagining it?

And not tackling is not meant as an insult, but the highest of high praise. It's defending of the highest calibre. Maldini, Baresi could do that - literally the biggest compliment you can pay a defender

He's made 14, which is maybe on the low side for a fullback but I think that's mainly due to the freaks in the rest of the team! It's certainly not a case of him not doing his defensive work or getting caught out in games. In terms of defensive positioning Chilwell for me is very strong, and in recent games his forward play has matched the defensive side. That 70 yard run to pass to Vardy against Brighton was insane!

Also pay some attention to the tackling stats for James Maddison and Ayoze Perez. Those are extremely impressive for the positions they play! Really shows you the style of play Rodgers has created here. In fact I remember Maddison at 8-0 up against Southampton sprinting 20 metres to put in a sliding tackle. Sums us up at the moment!

Tackles.png

• Like 3

his delivery and end ball has been greatly improved in the last few weeks, perhaps since he has taken on corners and involvement at set pieces for England?

that drive from his own box to the line and ball back for Vardy at Brighton was effortless.

Edited by mikey_b

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's made 14, which is maybe on the low side for a fullback but I think that's mainly due to the freaks in the rest of the team! It's certainly not a case of him not doing his defensive work or getting caught out in games. In terms of defensive positioning Chilwell for me is very strong, and in recent games his forward play has matched the defensive side. That 70 yard run to pass to Vardy against Brighton was insane!

Also pay some attention to the tackling stats for James Maddison and Ayoze Perez. Those are extremely impressive for the positions they play! Really shows you the style of play Rodgers has created here. In fact I remember Maddison at 8-0 up against Southampton sprinting 20 metres to put in a sliding tackle. Sums us up at the moment!

Tackles.png

Tackles per 90:

Praet 3.2

Ndidi 5.1

Maddison 2.8

Tielemans 1.2

Choudhury 2.0

Barnes 0.7

Perez 2.2

Very impressive numbers from Maddison and Praet! Tielemans and Barnes not so much 

• Like 1

Chelsea’s head coach has revealed that the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s decision on whether to cut FIFA’s two-window embargo to one is just days away. If it is reduced then the club will be free to spend in January. Even if they are still prevented from recruiting until the summer, the process of deciding how the squad can be strengthened has begun.

With plenty of money at their disposal, Chelsea will be looking to improve their defence, midfield and attack but one of their main priorities is at left-back.

Leicester’s Ben Chilwell is their first-choice target. He is an England international, who turns 23 this month, and is arguably the best player in this position in the country. Chilwell certainly won’t be cheap and other big clubs will want him too, but Leicester have shown by selling N’Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez and Harry Maguire in recent years that they will sell their best talent for the right price.

https://theathletic.com/1412623/2019/12/04/chelsea-make-chilwell-their-no-1-target-to-solve-lampards-dilemma-at-left-back/

On 20/11/2019 at 20:37, copunk said:

Call me crazy but does anyone think he possibly do a bale and convert in time to a LW position? Getting forward he's cracking and more often then not gets into good attacking positions, with the right coaching and working on his end product I don't see why not 

Come and sit with me. We can both call him Bale, and then later get called out for it online.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

He is a nice lad sometimes to nice, why not stick one on mahrez early on,

thats twice at anfield and today where he was playing with a timid body language.

If I am Kasper and Vardy I pull the younger lads in quietly at some point during january and say you need to be a bit tougthter

Edited by twister
  • Like 1