Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

3 hours ago, shailen said:

It is like a school report - turning all the negatives into positives for parents to feel happy about the kid and the school.  Commitment to making backpasses becomes high accuracy in passing and making less risky long passes.  Also written by someone who doesn’t really watch the games like we do - just someone who looks at some stats, finds a few videos of him to justify his standard worded analysis, and then issues it as a detailed analysis.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Trent is top class but he's not a defender, and i doubt he'd be half the player he is if he wasn't playing in that system. 

At least he adds value ... and contributes brilliantly in attack ...

I think we all support Chilwell - just that we want him to recognise his failings (and not moan about others) and improve and if he has a long string of bad games he should sit on the bench like everybody else, for his development.  That’s all. We otherwise want him to be a good player.

Edited by Tom12345

Has all the attributes to be one of the worlds top left backs. The way he played in England’s epic away win over Spain proves that.

However, like at the start of the season he is clearly struggling with his confidence over the last few weeks, possibly ever since Mahrez tore him a new one at Man City.

I think playing with Barnes, particularly at home, really takes the pressure off him going forward.

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is like a school report - turning all the negatives into positives for parents to feel happy about the kid and the school.  Commitment to making backpasses becomes high accuracy in passing and making less risky long passes.  Also written by someone who doesn’t really watch the games like we do - just someone who looks at some stats, find a few videos of him to justify his standard worded analysis, and then issue it as a detailed analysis.

Could argue that the other way as well mate with some of the posts on here. Everyone seems to ignore his positives, his energy, stamina, arieal ability, willingness to be an outlet all game. 

Guest An Sionnach

The pattern is 1. He has another bad match 2. He gets his arse kicked on here( mostly but not always deservedly)  3. The B.C.App.Soc. disappear. 4. The thread goes relatively quiet. 5. The B.C.App. Soc.  reappear in force. And so it goes ,it goes etc.

On 08/01/2020 at 22:05, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What are you on about, he’s got pace (his only attribute) that’s exactly what he should have been doing; taking on the full back ffs🤷🏻‍♂️

You alright mate? It's no use taking on a full back to put a cross in to NO ONE. I'd rather him use his pace to get us up the pitch and for us to keep possession. Whys everyone so obsessed with his crossing? Fyi, i certainly wouldn't say pace is his "only attribute"... He's not Englands first choice left back for that sole reason, is he? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is FT the only fans forum where we can have a thread knocking fellow supporters of our team for not going River Plate mental in their singing and cheering for the team and then have 3 or 4 separate threads slating individual players and want them sold asap.....help guys wot is it I'm meant to do support or jeer?

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Wasnt long ago this entire forum were crying about the thought of him leaving. Funny fickleness. A good game today and the haters will be pricing him at 150m.

It’s not going well at the moment. Chilwell gave the ball away when we were in a promising attack when under no pressure and then from the resulting counter-attack stood off Armstrong and allowed him more than enough space to shoot and score. The nature of the goal sucked the life out of the stadium tbh. Rodgers needs to do some major work on Chillers and some of the others to turn this game around.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Will the Ben Chilwell App. Soc. please take a long rest ffs. The lad needs a long rest otherwise I fear for his career.

Gee, you were spot on, Ben was poor again. You must be so proud. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Gee, you were spot on, Ben was poor again. You must be so proud. 

Of course I'm not , he is far better than his current form but you can't keep flogging a dead horse.

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

You alright mate? It's no use taking on a full back to put a cross in to NO ONE. I'd rather him use his pace to get us up the pitch and for us to keep possession. Whys everyone so obsessed with his crossing? Fyi, i certainly wouldn't say pace is his "only attribute"... He's not Englands first choice left back for that sole reason, is he? 

Yes he is.

He can’t pass or defend. Watch our games rather than assuming he is good because he has a few England caps.

He is truly awful....and once again showed that again today.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Of course I'm not , he is far better than his current form but you can't keep flogging a dead horse.

I do hear you, he is better, but Christ, not at the minute. Guess it just depends how much patience we can afford.

Today, everyone was at least a bit crack mind.

3 hours ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Has all the attributes to be one of the worlds top left backs. The way he played in England’s epic away win over Spain proves that.

However, like at the start of the season he is clearly struggling with his confidence over the last few weeks, possibly ever since Mahrez tore him a new one at Man City.

I think playing with Barnes, particularly at home, really takes the pressure off him going forward.

Then on top of that, our moronic fans booed him then jeered the good things he did.

the idiotic mob mentality was out in force today 

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

Then on top of that, our moronic fans booed him then jeered the good things he did.

So Rodgers give the lad a rest for his own good before the ridicule gets unbearable for him.

3 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

No more so than fans cheering when Ings was yellow carded .... he had just scored the winner ......  

btw, let chilly rediscover his form - just a shame that it was Brendan’s tactics at man city that were mainly responsible for him losing it !!

• Like 1