Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

If you think we deserved to beat villa then...never mind

We literally had 3 times the shots

Until their goal they had 0 shots, nvm on target. 

Their first goal gave them confidence for the rest of the half. Second half they looked like a league 1 team

22 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I question his mentality in general and his whole approach to games. 

He is always on the tunnel cam concentrating on meeting up with mates on the opposition team rather than preparing for the game, it's embarrassing.

There was one occurrence a few weeks a go where an opposition player was pyching himself up having a quiet moment when Chilwell appeared and started trying to hug and talk to him.

He spends more time in the opposition line in the tunnel than ours.

You listen to the top players in sport and a lot of them say the game prep and build up is vital.

I agree, I think his mentality is a big issue.

There isn't a game he's played where he hasn't left me wondering what's going through his mind at least once.

Whether that be playing it back when he's got a chance to open a team up, looking for a foul that isn't there, just completely switching off, using his left and not his right foot, taking his time on a throw in or corner when the opposition are all over the place, waiting for a player to close him down before deciding it's a good time to clear the ball..

But he can run. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Mahrez has stolen his soul :nono:

I said at the time  Mahrez had already beaten Chilwell before a ball was kicked which was definitely a mentality thing . If might have just been a simple case of he used to tear him a new one in training when Ben was still learning his trade but his forms definitely dipped since then . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

I think he’s massively overcompensated today for his performance against villa. He’s gone from passing every single ball back to Fuchs to trying to spray it around absolutely everywhere. The ball that he tried to play Vardy in with in the buildup to their first goal was very naive.

He wasn’t the only one that gave the ball away chronically though.

I’m still backing him to come good though. He can sort this out because the battle he faces is between his ears much more than it is about his talent.

Chilwell has gone backwards since he joined up with England. doesn't look to play it forward, lets players get in front of him in the box, cant defend, poor crossing on the odd occasion he does get one in, does not get Barnes into the game enough but heads the ball well and good pace when playing as a wing back, time to bench him as he is the weak link the other clubs are playing on.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Should have been hooked at half time for Justin 

Shouldn't have actually started after weds. And the fact Fuchs wasnt playing let alone on the bench is staggering.

Brendan has loads of credit in the bank. But my god today was poor.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shailen said:

This. Yes he was dogshi*e today but the booing and ironic cheers when he made a pass doesn't really help our course. 

I’ve just looked up his Completed passing % for today (62.1%) expecting him to be the worse today but in fact there was 3 others with an even worse pass completion  
Maddison (56.1%) Perez (58.8%) and Vardy (41.7%) 

compare Chilwell with the Southampton team tho and there was only 2 players with a better pass completion then him Armstrong (91.7%), ward-prowse (66.7%)