Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

43 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

I have no idea for his decline in performance in recent months but today’s game confirmed he needs to be dropped.

He is  letting the rest of the side down now.

He gave the ball away countless times although to be fair he improved a bit in the second half.

He annoys me every time he passes it back and today I did not even see him touch the ball with his right foot.

Tbh I would sell him this year and replace, someone out there must be an improvement at a fair price.

There was one occasion where he did bizarrely boot it into the main stand with his right foot, it looked much easier to clear it upfield with his left, very strange display by him all round.

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

There was one occasion where he did bizarrely boot it into the main stand with his right foot, it looked much easier to clear it upfield with his left, very strange display by him all round.

Well at least that’s  something I guess, I think I missed which foot that was as it was on the opposite  side if the stadium.

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

@bert isn’t wrong either.... 80 plus minutes on the clock, and Maddison is trotting over to take the corner..... get in the bin son, that was piss poor....

I noticed that as well today, if you watch though he does that all the time.

16 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I gave Chilwell 2 on the ratings thread for his performance against Villa, which was the lowest I think I’ve ever given.

Today he got a 1. He was that bad.

I always support our players but his form is so atrocious at the moment that he is currently a liability to the team. That cannot continue.

I have said it plenty of times in the past 2 years ,even back in the Premiership yr - Chilwell is over-rated

he is slow in the back

he doesn't dribble much

he's passing is weak

he doesn't score goals or even drive/overlap  into the box

he does do the occasional cross though

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stix said:

Really? You need to expand on that then instead of just dropping comments like that without providing any insight. Or you just sound like a div

Ok. So been told by someone that works at the club that they have had their heads turned. 

Regards, Div. 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

People that jeer, boo or abuse him can **** off. It's the exact opposite of "support".

This!!

i was as frustrated by anyone over chillwells performance today. But the vitriol and hate from the stands was and is absolutely disgusting.

We will play our part in not only him playing worse, but if I was madders seeing my friend get that kind of abuse by my own fans, I’d be thinking why bother staying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

@bert isn’t wrong either.... 80 plus minutes on the clock, and Maddison is trotting over to take the corner..... get in the bin son, that was piss poor....

Maddison has always taken ages to take a corner. Walks over so slowly. It's a joke when we're losing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LestaAl said:

I have no idea for his decline in performance in recent months but today’s game confirmed he needs to be dropped.

He is  letting the rest of the side down now.

He gave the ball away countless times although to be fair he improved a bit in the second half.

He annoys me every time he passes it back and today I did not even see him touch the ball with his right foot.

Tbh I would sell him this year and replace, someone out there must be an improvement at a fair price.

He was never that good in the first place,

when the teams winning all the talk is about the result,

when we lose we see chillwell for the liability he is,

Some call it making him a scapegoat,
I call it as seing him for the overrated player he is

Edited by Russell sprout

44 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ok. So been told by someone that works at the club that they have had their heads turned. 

Regards, Div. 

I did think the heads turned thing is easy to throw around when clubs have been rumoured to be interested.

But it's very interesting that form has dipped and contract talks quietened, it was weeks ago Rodgers was talking about sitting down with new contracts for these players.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm not privy to that much info but I've heard the same re: Chilwell, who Man City really, really wanted in the summer.

I read that there was a deal in place up until the start of summer for him to go to Man City. They pulled out of it last minute. Fair to say he’s probably a little bit disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

How do you come to that conclusion,

fuchs has always been steady and does his job whilst Justin has has hardly played so that’s a ridiculous statement

Judging by your post below I can only assume you have mid-read what I’ve written as we seem to be in agreement about the need to change the left back in the short term. At this point if you think persevering with Chilwell through this sticky patch is worth doing when Fuchs is in the squad you’re a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Its no big deal, he’s young, he’ll have bad runs of form and he’ll be back a better player. But he needs to be taken out of the firing line for the sake of the team.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Maddison has always taken ages to take a corner. Walks over so slowly. It's a joke when we're losing.

He does yes, but like you say, he should be busting a gut to get out there and put the ball in.... not saunter over, and then pass it straight to the keeper.... I like Maddison but that was taking the piss.

• Like 2