Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Guest An Sionnach

Ben Chilwell is 23 and a half and whatever else he is or isn't , in football terms he is not a "young lad" .

On 21/06/2020 at 03:17, Aus Fox said:

Of course his age is a factor, I know it’s not the popular opinion on here, but, young players improve. 
We have got an outstanding player who will only get better.

of course you cut him more slack than a 29 year old who is at the peak of his abilities.

Do you think Chelsea are paying 50 million plus for a 29 year old? 
If you look at the crap aimed at Chilwell, Barnes earlier this season, Choudhury, King, Moore, Schlupp we could argue we have a bias on here against our players who come through the youth team, which I find rather weird compared to other teams support.

I dont think there is any bias against, the problem is for those players, if someone dares criticise then an army comes out to defend them and it drags things out so you get many, many more posts on the subject, whilst if e.g. someone makes a bad post about albrighton, not much fuss is made. 

This season I have laid criticism to at various points, Tielemans, Vardy, Chilwell, Barnes, Perez, Kasper, Morgan.  With Chilwell and Barnes the army came out, the others no one barely batted an eye lid :)

For me if someone is good enough to make the first team, then they get treated the same, no slack given.  

I think there is a clear disconnect here, some expect youth team players to be given slack as a matter of course, and when it isnt given, it is treated as bias.

Even the people defending Chillwell openly admitted his form dropped for a lot of games this season, so thats your answer as to why he had some criticism on here.  He played reasonably well in the past game and scored a good goal, and I expect he hasnt had any since that game, people dont criticise for no reason, there is always a reason.

Barnes was wasting chance after chance for a lot of games, as well as been lazy defensively, so there was reason for that as well.  He started improving just before the break, so the timing of the break was unfortunate for him.

It is interesting though that you think only those two players have had any bad feedback, as if you turned your head the other way for the other players.

On 21/06/2020 at 10:17, Aus Fox said:

Of course his age is a factor, I know it’s not the popular opinion on here, but, young players improve. 
We have got an outstanding player who will only get better.

of course you cut him more slack than a 29 year old who is at the peak of his abilities.

Do you think Chelsea are paying 50 million plus for a 29 year old? 
If you look at the crap aimed at Chilwell, Barnes earlier this season, Choudhury, King, Moore, Schlupp we could argue we have a bias on here against our players who come through the youth team, which I find rather weird compared to other teams support.

Improvement comes with age and experience, especially young defenders.

Fuchs peaked at 28. I would love to have Chillwell in our side 25-29.

• Like 4

Rio Ferdinand actually said for his position he has not hit his peak at his age. Yes he has improvements to make but is potentially 4-5 years away from that peak. He has the raw talent he just needs coaching more on his positioning and footwork. He also needs the confidence and encouragement to shoot when forward which it sounds like he is getting from Brendan and the team. I think it's his time to shine with this now Ricardo is out.

Guest An Sionnach

To me Chilwell is not a key player , we will do just fine without him , having said that I still believe we we get more out of him in a more advanced position. The key to our continued success is achieving dominance in midfield and that means Maddison and Tielemans imposing themselves more consistently. They are high class players but they have to show the character, fight and determination as well.

Guest An Sionnach
On 23/06/2020 at 09:52, An Sionnach said:

To me Chilwell is not a key player , we will do just fine without him , having said that I still believe we we get more out of him in a more advanced position. The key to our continued success is achieving dominance in midfield and that means Maddison and Tielemans imposing themselves more consistently. They are high class players but they have to show the character, fight and determination as well.

The longest thread in world history needs a reboot , over to you guys.

On 23/06/2020 at 10:52, An Sionnach said:

Be careful of what you wish. Who's gonna fill his boots? 

Edited by That_Dude

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Be careful of what you wish. Who gonna fill his boots? 

I am pretty sure we can get a solid reliable left back with hopefully a much lower media profile. 

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Look who you are arguing with?

Obviously Hirst will fill Chilwell's boots. ;)

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I don’t care. Someone who cares and doesn’t go laughing and joking after a shit quarter final performance! I’d rather a full season of fuchs at left back next year 

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Ben's fan club are the most loyal in football so I assume they will stick with him when he leaves.

Edited by An Sionnach

anyone else a bit worried in that game everyone he crossed it out of play, or more specifically when he fell on his arse and the ball rolled out for a goal kick? Thinking Chelsea might realise what they are interested in signing maybe not the best fullback in the league. Wouldn't be disappointed to see him go, but he's not as awful as some on here make out. 

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Don't know if he's ready. What's your opinion about him, you certainly know more than me.

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I don’t care. Someone who cares and doesn’t go laughing and joking after a shit quarter final performance! I’d rather a full season of fuchs at left back next year 

He was one of our best players today. I think people are (rightly) fuming and in a need to (wrongly) find someone to vent out.

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Don't know if he's ready. What's your opinion about him, you certainly know more than me.

He was one of our best players today. I think people are (rightly) fuming and in a need to (wrongly) find someone to vent out.

George Hirst is a 6-3 striker the son of the excellent David Hirst and apparently plays for Leicester . He is waiting his chance which will probably come when he is 29.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Hirst is ready...........

...........for a L1 loan next season.

I honestly don't think Ben deserves the shit he gets and today it's about smiling when he was probably our best outfield player over the 90 minutes.

I've said before that I'd sell him for £80m because we can get replacements but I'd certainly not sell him for much less.

If we can get £80m there are a couple of older guys playing in Europe who we could get in and then there are young guys like Lewis at Norwich who we could get hold of. We also have a couple of decent LBs coming through the younger teams but they aren't ready to start just yet. 

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Hirst is ready...........

...........for a L1 loan next season.

I honestly don't think Ben deserves the shit he gets and today it's about smiling when he was probably our best outfield player over the 90 minutes.

I've said before that I'd sell him for £80m because we can get replacements but I'd certainly not sell him for much less.

If we can get £80m there are a couple of older guys playing in Europe who we could get in and then there are young guys like Lewis at Norwich who we could get hold of. We also have a couple of decent LBs coming through the younger teams but they aren't ready to start just yet. 

I agree fully.

I pretty much was disconnected from anything related to football during the last three months, but aren't there rumors that he's off to Chelsea next season? Great if we can get 70-80M from him, but still think that it would be a massive loss. We also didn't address the winger problem and good ones are very costly.