Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

I've been in defence of Chilwell for a long time now and don't think he played badly at all today but....... I think some of the issues we're having at present stem from the attitudes of players like Chilwell and Maddison etc. You know the soccer am type, lads lads lads. Need to grow up a fair bit and realise that they're being paid handsomely to do their jobs in a professional manner. It's OK to have a laugh and a joke when things are going well but not when you've just been knocked out of the cup at a whimper 

• Like 1

I'm sorry but his reaction was completely wrong. Another shocker of a performance by the team, another cup thrown away in a quarter final, poor form all round. You walk off looking like you've just lost your last fiver and like it actually hurts, not like you've just lost a five a side against your mates on a friday night. It sums up exactly what is wrong with this team. Too many players way above their station. He is overrated purely because he is English. He really isnt as good as he thinks he is.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I've been in defence of Chilwell for a long time now and don't think he played badly at all today but....... I think some of the issues we're having at present stem from the attitudes of players like Chilwell and Maddison etc. You know the soccer am type, lads lads lads. Need to grow up a fair bit and realise that they're being paid handsomely to do their jobs in a professional manner. It's OK to have a laugh and a joke when things are going well but not when you've just been knocked out of the cup at a whimper 

To be fair to Madders he was pretty miffed in his previous post match interview and didnt look happy today either. I never doubt his passion in wanting to win. In fact I think sometimes he tries too hard...

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

I agree fully.

I pretty much was disconnected from anything related to football during the last three months, but aren't there rumors that he's off to Chelsea next season? Great if we can get 70-80M from him, but still think that it would be a massive loss. We also didn't address the winger problem and good ones are very costly.

As I stated in the transfer thread, £80m should get us Lewis and Cantwell from Norwich. WLB and Winger/AM

Just now, Hales said:

To be fair to Madders he was pretty miffed in his post match interview and didnt look happy today either. I never doubt his passion in wanting to win. I think sometimes he tries too hard...

You may be right. I just get the impression from these two in particular that they see us as a jolly boys club sometimes. Perhaps I'm just being harsh because I'm so pissed off with us

They cut to Maddison in his seat near the end and he looked fed up.

Laughing and joking with the opposition after the game isn't a great look, there does seem to be a relaxed attitude at the moment when the heat is most definitely on.

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Out of interest what is the minimum amount of time after a defeat in a football match that a player is forbidden to smile/laugh?

I don’t think there is one but he might of been better off waiting until he had gone down the tunnel before having a laugh with the team he’s being linked with.

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You may be right. I just get the impression from these two in particular that they see us as a jolly boys club sometimes. Perhaps I'm just being harsh because I'm so pissed off with us

To be honest I thought that too but he always seems that he wants to please Brendan and I think is playing badly sometimes as he is trying too hard and getting frustrated at not getting goals and assists. He always comes across well in interviews.  They both will be popular for tv and social media as they are young, rich and good looking.  Madders has grown on me, I think he just needs to chill a little and relax and he will play better. He is always honest about his own performance. Maybe he needs to have a chat with chilly!

Edited by Hales

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Out of interest what is the minimum amount of time after a defeat in a football match that a player is forbidden to smile/laugh?

You don't do it immediately with the opposition, id forgive him more if he chinned one of their players after for no reason.

Just now, Hales said:

To be honest I thought that too but he always seems that he wants to please Brendan and I think is playing badly sometimes as he is trying too hard and getting frustrated at not getting goals and assists. He always comes across well in interviews.  They both will be popular for tv and social media as they are young, rich and good looking.  Madders has grown on me, I think he just needs to chill a little and relax and he will play better. He is always honest about his own performance.

Yeah fair enough. The frustration boils down to us fans knowing these players have the talent which they've previously shown and we just can't put our finger on what's gone wrong

It is total frustration, however my frustration is at Brendan not a player smiling to be honest. Granted it wasn't the best look but no-one knows what was said or what he was like before or after?! I think there were many worse players tonight.  I'm frustrated at Brendan's lack of emotion and honesty. Hope there is some honest chats happening behind the scenes!

Got a lot of time for Ben as a player but he should be grateful that he's not walking back into a dressing room with Roy Keane and Alex Ferguson waiting. That would wipe the smile off his face. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Got a lot of time for Ben as a player but he should be grateful that he's not walking back into a dressing room with Roy Keane and Alex Ferguson waiting. That would wipe the smile off his face. 

That’s the thing with football now, there’s no big characters like that left. It’s all too nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

This this this!

Maddison laughing and joking after the Villa semi final loss. Ben laughing and joking after today. They're young but they really need to do some maturing and growing up, it's staggering how ignorant they are of the situation.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This this this!

Maddison laughing and joking after the Villa semi final loss. Ben laughing and joking after today. They're young but they really need to do some maturing and growing up, it's staggering how ignorant they are of the situation.

I'd be laughing all the time if I was earning their wages each week!

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Stand by it! Too much worrying about themselves and their 100k a week! Football is finished!

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This this this!

I don't get this, he's had a laugh with a mate before a game and after a game.

He's a 23yr old who's had a laugh or a chat with a mate they probably don't see regularly/much. You're telling me none of you have had a laugh when you probably shouldn't? 

Some of you genuinely need to give your heads a wobble if you think all of our issues are solved by a few players not smiling and laughing on camera shot.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

Gray was having a big ol’ chat with Tammy Abraham after the game and Perez was having a grin with Azpilicueta too, the camera just didn’t focus on those because there’s not a narrative there. Maybe Demarai and Perez are going to be replacing Pedro and Willian?

• Like 4