Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

I was furious that he could be seen laughing and joking with Barkley at the end yesterday, but I thought generally he played really well. It's more just that it doesn't scream he cares much about the result if he's so willing to be pally with the opposition goalscorer, but oh well. Not a big deal in the end. Important thing is the performance, and he plus Kaspar have probably been the standouts since the restart.

Let's drop the criticism of him and enjoy his performances while he's here. To balance out anything else, he knew exactly how to stop the goal yesterday - you could see him screaming for back up, but no-one came. In fact, that may well have been what he was laughing about with Barkley!

16 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I was furious that he could be seen laughing and joking with Barkley at the end yesterday, but I thought generally he played really well. It's more just that it doesn't scream he cares much about the result if he's so willing to be pally with the opposition goalscorer, but oh well. Not a big deal in the end. Important thing is the performance, and he plus Kaspar have probably been the standouts since the restart.

Let's drop the criticism of him and enjoy his performances while he's here. To balance out anything else, he knew exactly how to stop the goal yesterday - you could see him screaming for back up, but no-one came. In fact, that may well have been what he was laughing about with Barkley!

I was glad to see him screaming for help in a way as it shows he has been working on the defending side of his game and obviously analysing performances. A few months back (man city for example) he didn't seem to know what to do! He knew where he needed help this time. If Brendan wants him to get forward and score more goals maybe he needs to look at another option to help him out other than Barnes as it's not the first time Barnes hasn't helped him.   

That reaction also shows he cares surely? 

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Villa is Grealishs' club!!!

The fact that he plays for the club he supports is the reason why poor performances would hurt him.

Chilwell might not have that kind of allegiance and therefore this is his job not his passion.

Times have changed, with mass media and digital communication players are more connected unlike the years gone by. 

Being affable to your opponents after what should have been an important game in your career (back in the days, some players wondered if they would ever get the chance again) is not a stick to beat players with, but it does not assuage the hurt felt by supporters in that moment.

Chilwell was not the worst player on our team and he was motivated as such to produce a good performance as this was clearly his audition.

Maddison and his boyhood club Coventry are his team. But then he went to Norwich (further away from his family which he admitted he didnt like). In proportion hes shown far less passion that he has done at Coventry and Norwhich combined than he has at Leicester. He worries me because when we need players with passion to get into the top 4 then I have a question mark around him. Hes a top lad in his own right dont get me wrong, unique I'd say.

Okay, if we’re talking about Bens reactions, he was the only one that looked annoyed when the goal went in.

Has no one mentioned that?!? 

He cares. No one wants to lose games. 

We’ve got bigger issues than this .....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Okay, if we’re talking about Bens reactions, he was the only one that looked annoyed when the goal went in.

Has no one mentioned that?!? 

He cares. No one wants to lose games. 

We’ve got bigger issues than this .....

Screaming that Barnes just hadn't tracked back and then between 3 midfielders we manage to ignore the run to the near post. 

No ones mentuoned it as it doesn't fit with their dislike of the lad.

• Like 3

If Chilwell has stopped liking leicester and genuinely doesn't care (which I don't believe for a second) then the ****** who have been giving him shit all season have themselves to blame. For the record if something goes bad in my life I tend to laugh, it shows nothing. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Just perfect timing with this one.

This will get people fuming. 

The days of Keane and Viera have gone ...... these fellas he is hugging are his mates .......it doesn’t make him play any differently - that’s his psyche!  If he was the kind of personality that needed to get wound up to play then he wouldn’t do that.  But he isn’t. 

• Like 2

On 28/06/2020 at 19:51, Paninistickers said:

CBA to read this thread as I can guess it's largely abusive. 

He was one of today's best players. I like him. 

I knew Ben Chilwell uses FoxesTalk. 

Edited by goody2028

Not sure where I stand on the matey thing. Usually I don’t like it, but I’m old fashioned and maybe out of touch.

However, I don’t remember Federer being all nicey with Murray before a game, or Mcilroy with Rose, the All Blacks with the Wallabies etc etc etc.Personally from my sports playing days, I couldn’t be focused or determined to win if I was in a laid back mood before any sport. In a team sport all the opposition were anonymous, even faceless, otherwise I’d pull out of a crunching tackle in a footy match if the other player was a good mate.

Also feel these players should be more aware of how strongly some supporters feel about the subject.

• Like 4

People think our fans are bad, I'd love to see how that reaction would go down with Chelsea fans after a quarter final loss. We are no saints by any stretch but it's a myth we're any worse than the others really.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Villa is Grealishs' club!!!

The fact that he plays for the club he supports is the reason why poor performances would hurt him.

Chilwell might not have that kind of allegiance and therefore this is his job not his passion.

Times have changed, with mass media and digital communication players are more connected unlike the years gone by. 

Being affable to your opponents after what should have been an important game in your career (back in the days, some players wondered if they would ever get the chance again) is not a stick to beat players with, but it does not assuage the hurt felt by supporters in that moment.

Chilwell was not the worst player on our team and he was motivated as such to produce a good performance as this was clearly his audition.

Not having that to be honest. Yes Villa are Grealish's club but where is the personal pride? Seeing plenty in here mocking anyone who doesn't take kindly to that reaction - sad reflection of the state of the game in general really.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not having that to be honest. Yes Villa are Grealish's club but where is the personal pride? Seeing plenty in here mocking anyone who doesn't take kindly to that reaction - sad reflection of the state of the game in general really.

I can understand people getting wound up about it to a certain extent but the proper foaming at the mouth "get him out of my club" stuff deserves mocking in my opinion. I think the worst you can say is that he's a bit thick for not realising how it might come across, though I can see how it would be easy not to think of that when playing to an empty stadium.

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The days of Keane and Viera have gone ...... these fellas he is hugging are his mates .......it doesn’t make him play any differently - that’s his psyche!  If he was the kind of personality that needed to get wound up to play then he wouldn’t do that.  But he isn’t. 

I used to play against my mates. 

If anything, you wanted to win more, so upped your game. 

#AlternateView

• Like 1