Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Yet he does get into goal scoring positions and further upfield he would have more chances. If was scoring ten goals a season for us we would all be very happy.

. his problem is nine times out of ten he would have been looking to lay that ball off!!

Great finish, he has found himself in very similar situations and the only difference today was he was positive. Keep doing this more often and we will be asking for £100m.

4 minutes ago, City1884 said:

The strike itself was superb, but Just take a moment to appreciate that first touch aswell. Sublime!

Absolutely! Right out of the top draw. Takes the ball down on the move, on the half volley one-touch, picks his spot and keeper has no chance.

Shame it wasn't the winner, it was fitting to win any game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. his problem is nine times out of ten he would have been looking to lay that ball off!!

Great finish, he has found himself in very similar situations and the only difference today was he was positive. Keep doing this more often and we will be asking for £100m.

Both Madders and Brendan said after the match that 5 minutes before he scored he had been in a similar situation and passed and they told him to pull the trigger and have a go! He was a lot better going forward this time and seemed keen to get forward. Confidence issue I guess? Glad Brendan and the others players are encouraging him on. That goal will be a massive confidence boost. We need him to make those pacy runs forward especially now Ricardo is missing the other side.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Absolutely! Right out of the top draw. Takes the ball down on the move, on the half volley one-touch, picks his spot and keeper has no chance.

Shame it wasn't the winner, it was fitting to win any game.

Absolutely.

Anything but the most perfect first touch, and that shot gets blocked because it is a split second too late.

That perfect first touch made the strike possible.

• Like 4

Just now, st albans fox said:

Two things 

watford away play differently

watford back in December were shite

oh and a third ...the player had no confidence back then .......

They don’t play that differently. All season home or away they’ve sat back soaked up the pressure and tried to hit teams on the break. Fair comment about the confidence but Chilwell was awful defensively today. I’m a big fan of Chilwell but Sarr isn’t that special. Basic movement and a bit of pace left Chilwell bewildered defensively today, a department I would suggest is normally good for him.

10 minutes ago, Hales said:

Both Madders and Brendan said after the match that 5 minutes before he scored he had been in a similar situation and passed and they told him to pull the trigger and have a go! He was a lot better going forward this time and seemed keen to get forward. Confidence issue I guess? Glad Brendan and the others players are encouraging him on. That goal will be a massive confidence boost. We need him to make those pacy runs forward especially now Ricardo is missing the other side.

..had not heard that interview!!!

It is quite evident that Chilwell can up his game in this area, it is just a way of seeing the game a bit more positive and open minded.

His crossing in the game wasn't the best but it was decent considering how tall Watford are, we shouldn't really have been trying to use crossing so much. I thought he was decent until the goal, which was just spectacular. If he can chip in 3 or 4 of those in a season I think he will be just fine.

Hopefully he can build some confidence from that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Here we have a young lad, come up through the youth ranks, almost universally highly rated, England regular, being tipped for multimillion pound moves to some of the biggest clubs in Europe, yet our fan base appear to focus on every tiny error and make out like even the greats don’t make them.

Demarai Gray? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

They don’t play that differently. All season home or away they’ve sat back soaked up the pressure and tried to hit teams on the break. Fair comment about the confidence but Chilwell was awful defensively today. I’m a big fan of Chilwell but Sarr isn’t that special. Basic movement and a bit of pace left Chilwell bewildered defensively today, a department I would suggest is normally good for him.

Pearson has changed their tactics up a fair bit I would say.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

We have the weirdest fan base in the world, I’m sure of it. It’s like we are always looking for negatives.

Here we have a young lad, come up through the youth ranks, almost universally highly rated, England regular, being tipped for multimillion pound moves to some of the biggest clubs in Europe, yet our fan base appear to focus on every tiny error and make out like even the greats don’t make them.

He is 22, he will have lapses in concentration, he will make mistakes. But what he is, is an outstanding full back, offers a lot going forwards and is more than capable at the back. Watch him, rewatch that game and you will see how well he reads the game.

We as a fan base really need to sort this out. It’s not helpful, and it’s not just one player I’ve seen almost everyone in out squad mauled by supporters on social media, players booed as they come on - how the **** does this help us as a team or make players want to join us/ stay with us.

This isn’t to say we can’t have a meaningful discussion with constructive criticism, I would have preferred Albrighton taking corners yesterday is a conversation point Maddison is shit and needs to learn how to take a corner is just crap.

The only thing I note from your post is a lot of bias because of his age.

Here we have a young lad

come up through the youth ranks

He is 22

No way you make that post if he was 29 and didnt come through the ranks.  That is my issue really, the bias towards players who come through the youth teams.

Edited by Chrysalis

33 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The only thing I note from your post is a lot of bias because of his age.

No way you make that post if he was 29 and didnt come through the ranks.  That is my issue really, the bias towards players who come through the youth teams.

Of course his age is a factor, I know it’s not the popular opinion on here, but, young players improve. 
We have got an outstanding player who will only get better.

of course you cut him more slack than a 29 year old who is at the peak of his abilities.

Do you think Chelsea are paying 50 million plus for a 29 year old? 
If you look at the crap aimed at Chilwell, Barnes earlier this season, Choudhury, King, Moore, Schlupp we could argue we have a bias on here against our players who come through the youth team, which I find rather weird compared to other teams support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Pearson has changed their tactics up a fair bit I would say.

I would agree but clearly the fundamental basics of their game remain exactly the same. Hardly like he’s waltzed in and got them play tiki taka.

• Like 1