Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, murphy said:

How is it fickle?  Since no one, not you, me or anybody else saw JV's rise coming, then it would have been perfectly reasonable for some fans to want to accept an offer in the best interests of the team.  I think I felt fairly neutral about it.  Seems ridiculous now, but that's hindsight for you, it isn't the same as being fickle.

I do agree with you about supporting young players

You have no right to lump all contributors in the same category. I, and many other posters, stuck by Vardy through his poor period and saw that he had much to offer (which is not to say that I foresaw that he would rise to as high a level as he has).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

After reading that the majority of posts on here think that Chilwell is useless, I can only conclude that these people are complete idiots & have certainly never seen some of the dross that has played at left back for us in the past

Yes let’s base Chilwell’s performances on the past then,  not this season. 🤔

He would have been a decent player for The Fosse circa 1882.

I would not join the Chilwell bashing, however, if we follow our policy from the last few seasons selling one major asset, I would not be devastated if it was him, especially if for a fee north of 65 mil.

23 minutes ago, deep blue said:

You have no right to lump all contributors in the same category. I, and many other posters, stuck by Vardy through his poor period and saw that he had much to offer (which is not to say that I foresaw that he would rise to as high a level as he has).

That's why I said 'some fans'.   :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes let’s base Chilwell’s performances on the past then,  not this season. 🤔

He would have been a decent player for The Fosse circa 1882.

Bit harsh since we weren't founded till 1884.

• Haha 3

Finally out the team, Justin plays well at LB and then Pereira gets injured

On 12/03/2020 at 11:01, murphy said:

That's why I said 'some fans'.   :rolleyes:

You conveniently forgot saying "no one, not you, me or anybody else saw JV's rise coming". That seems to cover ALL fans.

3 minutes ago, deep blue said:

You conveniently forgot saying "no one, not you, me or anybody else saw JV's rise coming". That seems to cover ALL fans.

That's not the point being questioned is it?  Even the person I was replying to admitted that he didn't see his transformation coming.  No one did, so I stand by that.  If you can find me someone who foresaw Vardy's transformation from the 14/15 version to the supercharged 15/16 version I will change my opinion but I'm pretty sure that you won't. 

Irrelevant really as he we were talking about 'some fans' (not me by the way) wanting to accept an offer for him at the end of the 14/15 season.

If you must wade in, at least read through first.

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's not the point being questioned is it?  Even the person I was replying to admitted that he didn't see his transformation coming.  No one did, so I stand by that.  If you can find me someone who foresaw Vardy's transformation from the 14/15 version to the supercharged 15/16 version I will change my opinion but I'm pretty sure that you won't. 

Irrelevant really as he we were talking about 'some fans' (not me by the way) wanting to accept an offer for him at the end of the 14/15 season.

If you must wade in, at least read through first.

A mate of mine repeatedly told me he'd be the next big thing. 

More in hope than judgement I've always assumed. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

A mate of mine repeatedly told me he'd be the next big thing. 

More in hope than judgement I've always assumed. 

Yeah, but...

OK, I give up!

Can't help but feel that Chilwell is somehow responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Can't help but feel that Chilwell is somehow responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

Too soon... lol

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was present at Ross McCormacks gaff prior to the Grealish incident apparently.

Of course.  They think they are invicible.  19 Year old with no underlying condition who died yesterday probably thought so too.

Think this needs to be nipped in the bud before further rumours start. There's no confirmation and is purely just rumours based on nothing substantial. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Think this needs to be nipped in the bud before further rumours start. There's no confirmation and is purely just rumours based on nothing substantial. 

Well Stan - the longer that nothing is said to the contrary, the more likely it’s true ........

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well Stan - the longer that nothing is said to the contrary, the more likely it’s true ........

Really? 

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Really? 

Well obviously ..... not saying by how much though ............ just more likely than less likely ......... 

There is no evidence he was there just chat as they are friends. I think that's not helpful and could be throwing innocent people into the frame with that pillock Grealish! 

Anyone else think Chilwell looks like the guy in the Shelter ad on tv?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Anyone else think Chilwell looks like the guy in the Shelter ad on tv?

And dresses like those that use the service.....