Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Just now, That_Dude said:

I agree fully.

I pretty much was disconnected from anything related to football during the last three months, but aren't there rumors that he's off to Chelsea next season? Great if we can get 70-80M from him, but still think that it would be a massive loss. We also didn't address the winger problem and good ones are very costly.

As I stated in the transfer thread, £80m should get us Lewis and Cantwell from Norwich. WLB and Winger/AM

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Why was he standing still with his arms out wide instead of trying to block the cross by Willian? Ffs. 

Is he not aware that thousands of us are sitting at home fuming whilst he's having a laugh :mad:

Presumably because he'd had enough of doing shuttle runs between the two Chelsea players he'd been left 2v1 against by his winger. Ideally he'd react quicker and block it, yeah, but I don't really see how you can use him getting visibly frustrated at the situation he'd been left in as evidence that he doesn't care enough.

Got roasted at Norwich for their goal, Sarr had his pants down and he made no attempt to stop that cross. He had two men, he shouldn’t have done but bollock Barnes afterwards rather than let the ball go in unopposed ffs.

Can any apologists defend him laughing post match? When people got annoyed about him and Maddison before the league cup semi some on here laughed at them. It’s raises a serious concern about his desire 

So he was one of the better players today yet his thread gets bumped and people are venting at him because he smiled at the end of a match. You saw a split second shot. You do not know the conversation or how he was before or after that conversation. It blows my mind he is getting slated again the most when he at least tried today! He was always going to be micro watched too as its Chelsea but really?! He ran his socks of today. He along with the rest of the defence, Kasper and Praet were by far the better players and at least tried to do something. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Hales

Honestly, I sulk when I loose five a side. The fact he’s all smiles after this just shows how little it means to him. 

How could any professional be happy after missing out on the chance to be in a semi final. 

I’m always happy to defend a players performance but a lot of my respect for Chilly left today. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Presumably because he'd had enough of doing shuttle runs between the two Chelsea players he'd been left 2v1 against by his winger. Ideally he'd react quicker and block it, yeah, but I don't really see how you can use him getting visibly frustrated at the situation he'd been left in as evidence that he doesn't care enough.

Agree, I think it shows he does care and was fed up of one too many times being left on his own. Harvey never helps in defence.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Why was he standing still with his arms out wide instead of trying to block the cross by Willian? Ffs. 

Is he not aware that thousands of us are sitting at home fuming whilst he's having a laugh :mad:

That’s Barnes for me rather than chill well.

he was one of our better players today I though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

Throwing your hands up in despair is unprofessional and the sort of thing that kids do on the parks. No excuse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

So he was one of the better players today yet his thread gets bumped and people are venting at him because he smiled at the end of a match. You saw a split second shot. You do not know the conversation or how he was before or after that conversation. It blows my mind he is getting slated again the most when he at least tried today! He was always going to be micro watched too as its Chelsea but really?! He ran his socks of today. He along with the rest of the defence, Jasper and Praet were by far the better players and at least tried to do something. 🤷‍♀️

I know right. Schmeichel was pissing himself laughing too but the camera just happened to catch him at that split second where he looked fuming, angered by another defeat and like it actually hurt going out of the cup. Those pesky camera angles and timings, huh?!

I get people are angry but I just think there is a bigger picture to be upset about not a player smiling for a split second. If he wants to go or isn't playing as his head is turned then drop him and let him sit on the bench for a bit! He just didn't play like that today? All I'm saying is there were far worse players yet he gets the flack again? I think he will go now to be honest but can you blame him really? We are looking shite and Chelsea are on the up.  I think if we fluff champions league then a few more may be wanting to go. I think Ricky's injury means we will hold onto him for a little longer but he has been vocal about wanting champions league.

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

I get people are angry but I just think there is a bigger picture to be upset about not a player smiling for a split second. If he wants to go or isn't playing as his head is turned then drop him and let him sit on the bench for a bit! He just didn't play like that today? All I'm saying is there were far worse players yet he gets the flack again? I think he will go now to be honest but can you blame him really? We are looking shite and Chelsea are on the up.  I think if we fluff champions league then a few more may be wanting to go. I think Ricky's injury means we will hold onto him for a little longer but he has been vocal about wanting champions league.

I'm angry. My uncle went to watch us lose 4 times in Wembley FA Cup finals before he died. My Dad has seen us lose in 3 and I've been to 2 semi-finals. We have lost the last 5 quarter finals (3 to Chelsea) and to watch that today has really pissed me off. 

I've now had a row with the missus and she's not talking to me (so not all bad then). 

• Haha 1

How many times does he carelessly let the ball run out of play? Lovely one-two with Tielemans, Willian on the floor, time and space to consider options and he ****s up his touch and the threat has gone.

His crosses preference are usually ones where he hasn’t to put any extra effort in to drag the ball back with some whip. It’s a chip played with the ball in front of him every time. It means the cross lacks pace and is generally at the wrong angle. 

I have to be honest and say that I love being a devil's advocate and defending players who get picked on by fans, but I saw little that would make me want to stand up for Chilwell today. He was better defensively but very little came off for him, lots of moves came to an end when they reached him, and the distribution was nowhere near good enough. Maybe he'll make it with a different coach, but at the moment he remains - for me - one of the league's most over-rated talents. That doesn't mean he should be singled out, because Tielemans, Barnes and especially the manager all have more of a case to answer.

Just now, Unabomber said:

It isn’t. However you want to spin it he is laughing after we just got knocked out of the fa cup. 

In my opinion it is…. Not the smartest move on his part, but, people respond in different ways…. 

You don’t need to throw yourself on the floor and bang your fist crying WHY!!! To show you care

i doubt he enjoyed losing… 

• Like 1