Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Gray was having a big ol’ chat with Tammy Abraham after the game and Perez was having a grin with Azpilicueta too, the camera just didn’t focus on those because there’s not a narrative there. Maybe Demarai and Perez are going to be replacing Pedro and 

This!

fans peed off with the loss, see a player who is linked with a move to the said club looking like he couldn't care less. It's always going to spark some fans, it's normal if you invest and immerse yourself into the team and their results. I think he will sign for Chelsea as long as we get upwards of £50m and I think we'll move on.

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

Ben is one of the great successes at LCFC over the last few years.

Why can't LCFC supporters revel in the good things?

Because some of them are frankly properly weird. Massive success story for our academy and club, yet he's the scapegoat to shit on.

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

fans peed off with the loss, see a player who is linked with a move to the said club looking like he couldn't care less. It's always going to spark some fans, it's normal if you invest and immerse yourself into the team and their results. I think he will sign for Chelsea as long as we get upwards of £50m and I think we'll move on.

So what you're saying is, if Chelsea pay the fee we want, we'll sell?

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Because some of them are frankly properly weird. Massive success story for our academy and club, yet he's the scapegoat to shit on.

So what you're saying is, if Chelsea pay the fee we want, we'll sell?

Yes i think we will for anything north of £50m. I think there was an article saying we wouldn't even look at offers of anything less than £50m. I think he wants gone and we know we'll just have to get the best fee we can and move on. Statements coming out with Rogers pointing to the training ground as a reason we'll attract and retain players. I don't blame Chilwell tbh, BR tactics had him looking poor against Man City and Liverpool. 

45 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Didn't even try to close down the cross into the box for the goal today and seems to spend a lot of time throwing his hands up moaning. 

Chilwell wasn't at fault for the goal, if anything it was Barnes for just standing around leaving Chilwell with 2 people to try and mark, why do you think he was moaning about it?

Chilwell presses Willian and he just puts it out wide to a free Azpilicueta who can then put the ball in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Gray was having a big ol’ chat with Tammy Abraham after the game and Perez was having a grin with Azpilicueta too, the camera just didn’t focus on those because there’s not a narrative there. Maybe Demarai and Perez are going to be replacing Pedro and Willian?

Still wrong. You can kind of accept it after a prem game but not after an FA cup quarter final. It’s just not winning mentality, I don’t think Chelsea players would have been happy if they lost. Leave all the bumming for the dressing room or just not at all

Edited by dylanlegend

People slaughter Grealish but I honestly think some of them in footballing terms should take a leaf out of his book. Look how much losing hurts him. Ours just don't even seem bothered at this point.

It's ****ing awful to see. Actually couldn't think of a reaction I'd want less in that situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't get this, he's had a laugh with a mate before a game and after a game.

He's a 23yr old who's had a laugh or a chat with a mate they probably don't see regularly/much. You're telling me none of you have had a laugh when you probably shouldn't? 

Some of you genuinely need to give your heads a wobble if you think all of our issues are solved by a few players not smiling and laughing on camera shot.

No-ones arsed about him having a laugh, just do it off the pitch. It's not the first time either, it's happened before. You've got blokes who will bleed for this club, we spend thousands each year following them up and down the country. The FA cup means an awful lot to people, it's something we want to see LCFC win, we've been trying for all of our lifetimes to win it and haven't managed it yet. For the 95 minutes you're out on the pitch, show some personal pride, don't stand there laughing and smiling when the chance of a trophy has just gone and we've played awful again for the 3rd game in a row.

He actually played well today, for the record.

• Like 1

Not overly bothered about the lad having a laugh after the game. I just don’t think I’d be able to have a laugh and a joke after being knocked out the fa cup quarter final with a chance to get to Wembley. 

Don’t think he had a bad game, gave the ball away a few times and was outnumbered for the goal due to lack of support. Do think he’s making it hard to stick up for him at times tho. 

49 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Not overly bothered about the lad having a laugh after the game. I just don’t think I’d be able to have a laugh and a joke after being knocked out the fa cup quarter final with a chance to get to Wembley. 

Don’t think he had a bad game, gave the ball away a few times and was outnumbered for the goal due to lack of support. Do think he’s making it hard to stick up for him at times tho. 

The problem are some of our fans...Not The player..!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

This whole thread is embarrassing..

Englands current left back been through the ranks at the club , gets nothing but slagged off.

Some people won’t be happy until we’re a mid table championship team again . 
witch hunt ....embarrassing 

He’ll go to Chelsea and will be England’s left back for the next decade

imo

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’ll go to Chelsea and will be England’s left back for the next decade

imo

Unless Chelsea have 70-80 million sloshing about, I doubt he'll be going anywhere. 

We set the bar last year in negotiating for players the cub doesn't want to lose. The buyer  pays a premium. Simple as

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Englands current left back been through the ranks at the club , gets nothing but slagged off.

So true

he spends quite a lot of time with Barkley on England duty - it’s just possible that Barkley said something that was funny ??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No-ones arsed about him having a laugh, just do it off the pitch. It's not the first time either, it's happened before. You've got blokes who will bleed for this club, we spend thousands each year following them up and down the country. The FA cup means an awful lot to people, it's something we want to see LCFC win, we've been trying for all of our lifetimes to win it and haven't managed it yet. For the 95 minutes you're out on the pitch, show some personal pride, don't stand there laughing and smiling when the chance of a trophy has just gone and we've played awful again for the 3rd game in a row.

He actually played well today, for the record.

He did play well but the players are not current allowed to mingle(none of the staff are )off the pitch.

Think you are looking far too deep into the players talking or indeed having a laugh together . Who knows he could have been tapping up Berkeley 

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This this this!

Maddison laughing and joking after the Villa semi final loss. Ben laughing and joking after today. They're young but they really need to do some maturing and growing up, it's staggering how ignorant they are of the situation.

Doubt he was laughing too much too much after the game as the Villa fans surrounded him.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

People slaughter Grealish but I honestly think some of them in footballing terms should take a leaf out of his book. Look how much losing hurts him. Ours just don't even seem bothered at this point.

It's ****ing awful to see. Actually couldn't think of a reaction I'd want less in that situation.

..Villa is Grealishs' club!!!

The fact that he plays for the club he supports is the reason why poor performances would hurt him.

Chilwell might not have that kind of allegiance and therefore this is his job not his passion.

Times have changed, with mass media and digital communication players are more connected unlike the years gone by. 

Being affable to your opponents after what should have been an important game in your career (back in the days, some players wondered if they would ever get the chance again) is not a stick to beat players with, but it does not assuage the hurt felt by supporters in that moment.

Chilwell was not the worst player on our team and he was motivated as such to produce a good performance as this was clearly his audition.

2 hours ago, crisp packet said:

Do you remember a couple of months ago in Streatham when those two cops on the murder cordon got absolutely torn apart for messing around with their hats, trying to flip them and make them land on their heads? Stood their having a laugh and joke.

May seem harmless to them and they are just making light of a bad situation to feel better. But it is all about public perception. There is a time and a place to laugh and giggle. That was not it for them, and this wasn't it for Chilwell. All this does is make clear how naive and immature he is. Says an awful lot about his attitude.

• Like 1

Chilwell did play well yesterday, and delivered probably the two best crosses of the game which both centre backs should have scored from, so it's disappointing this has clouded that. Players obviously do laugh and joke but when it's on the pitch/in front of fans it's sort of a punch in the face for us. Who he supports is irrelevant, surely he's got to be gutted he didn't get to a Semi-Final/Wembley.

It's so strange though because a decade or so ago you'd get Neville, Gerrard, Terry, etc coming up against each other but they wouldn't cuddle each other in the tunnel. 

Hopefully everybody can move on from this.

No fan of his but I think his positives far outweighed negatives yesterday 

if he gets a move to a so called elite club he’s going to find scrutiny is much stronger...his inability to do anything as simple as making a pass regularly with his right foot for instance...

• Like 1