Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Wtf that doesn't make sense lol

If it's a push it's a push. Why should that be allowed if it's been spotted then Garth lol

👍👍

It’s like when commentators say “he was just onside there, the goal should stand.”  

No. Fvck off. He was either on or off. Like a switch mate. There’s only one or the other. No grey area in that. 

That’s what infuriates me. 

• Like 2

I thought we just about deserved the win today.

Burnley scored with their first attack and then proceeded to waste as much time as possible but after we went 2-1 up they showed that they’re a really decent outfit (as they did in glimpses beforehand). For a while it was trendy to say that Stoke under Pulis were more than a long ball team and I personally never got that. But Burnley - the Stoke of our time - pleasantly surprised me when they actually tried to play, which makes it alll the more disappointing that they spent 90% of the game trying to spoil it.

I thought Perez looked excellent until Burnley went ahead, some lovely one touch flicks and lay offs and some great movement off the ball - he gave Pieters a really hard time. But thereafter he was once again totally ineffectual. People need to wake up to the fact that he will be next to useless for 90% of the season, much as he is every season. There will come a point - probably February or March - where he goes mad and scores 5 goals in 3 games but until that point we need to hope that he continues to chug along in a way which doesn’t negatively impact the team.

Maddison’s decision making was poor today, which is a shame as it appeared to be something he’d improved significantly from last year.

Another solid game from Wilf, who has established himself as our most important player. 

29 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Anyone think kasper a bit poor today... or is it just me.  I dont want him gone I just want him to work on his gane

He wasn’t at his best today but he’s been excellent so far this season so I won’t be too critical, I thought he was fairly commanding and came out well for crosses which is usually the weak area of his game!

I didn’t think we were as bad as some people are making out. They’re an incredibly hard team to play against and break down. We were patient throughout and got our just rewards. Our biggest problem today was that we seemed to put pressure on ourselves. 

By the way. How infuriating is Chilwell at times? The amount of times he goes backwards when he could have a go is so frustrating. 

• Like 1

Think the manager called the game pretty well here:

-------------------------------

“It’s a very good three points without us being anywhere near our best,”

“I thought that we started slowly and we weren’t aggressive enough. Too many players probably felt that we could just play with the ball and not without the ball.

“At this level, you can’t do that against a good team like Burnley who haven’t been beaten away from home since the beginning of the season. You have to earn the right, and we didn’t do that.

“Thankfully, we got a goal just before half-time. It was a great cross and wonderful leap by Jamie and finish. But we had to be more aggressive in the game, it was too timid. Like I say, we didn’t want to do the other side of the game.”

“In the second half, we were much better in our intent and, of course, we started to threaten them much more,” he said. “We had a plan for the game that if we needed to chase it, how we could go after the game because we want to win every game.

“It was a wonderful piece of play by Demarai on the side – a nice combination and cross – and Youri finished it really well. We were about to make a sub to try and make an impact in the game, but we got the goal and then the plan changes because we feel then that Burnley will go a bit more direct with two strikers.

“We end up putting Wes in, looking to see the game through. It’s not one of our most fluent performances, but Burnley are a difficult team to play against. When I came into here, everyone talked about these being the types of games that the team might have drawn and even lost a number of them, so to win it, it’s a big psychological boost as well.

“Also, pay tribute to the players, and the supporters, because today, the emotion of the game – I’ve been involved in games like this as well, where the emotion of the game can always be a flat performance, a 0-0.

“We end up getting the three points, which is great for the supporters, because they were amazing for us today. Hopefully they can go away and be proud of seeing their team not making the best performance, but in terms of fight, they did us very proud.”

“Like I say, it’s very difficult because the players will feel that. What we wanted to do today, we said that we wanted to fight for the result. Khun Vichai left an incredible legacy here and what I’ve tried to do since I’ve come in is tap into that and one of the key words was ‘fight’, that I’ve always heard from Khun Top and the guys.

“We’ve tried to do that in every game, and today, like we say, we fought, we went behind in the game and showed a great mentality. Our aim is to make this place a really, really difficult place to come and get a result. Another win helps you on the way to achieving that.”

-------------------------------

I think it's encouraging that rather than tooting his own horn, he's acknowledging we ground out a result in this one and can improve. I also like that he knows we start too slowly, even though this is a problem that we can't seem to fix! We've had it since the title if I am being honest.

Anyway in Rodgers we trust! :brendan:

• Like 4

Not a thriller and not our best performance but we've ground out a victory, two very well worked and finished goals. Maybe some luck with the disallowed goal, I'll judge later on MOTD.

At times our tempo was too slow and other times we stepped it up and looked threatening. Burnley were very well organised with a threat so it wasn't a comfortable match but I felt we defended their set-pieces particularly well.

A very encouraging couple of months results-wise and I think we can improve in some areas too.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I didn’t think we were as bad as some people are making out. They’re an incredibly hard team to play against and break down. We were patient throughout and got our just rewards. Our biggest problem today was that we seemed to put pressure on ourselves. 

By the way. How infuriating is Chilwell at times? The amount of times he goes backwards when he could have a go is so frustrating. 

I wish he’d roll the ball into the forward players (mainly Barnes and Maddison) feet far more often than he does, even when they have their back to goal/ a fullback pressing them. 

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Everytime I start to feel sympathy for Burnley I just remember that goal by Vokes a few seasons back that he put in with his hand and ran away celebrating eventhough he knew he cheated. What goes around... 

Or, let's not forget that last season, Maguire got sent off for a very similar trip - and I'm sure the boiled egg head thought that was definitely a foul. Dyche is a cretin, always whinging about refs, while his "honest" lads are diving, fouling and time wasting all over the pitch. He's a modern day Neil Warnock.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11708/11667929/harry-maguire-red-card-shocked-burnley-says-sean-dyche

• Like 1

What really pleased me again today was the amount of young players either starting or being brought on:

James Maddison

Ben Chilwell

Youri Tielemans

Dennis Praet

Demarai Gray

Harvey Barnes

Caglar Söyüncü

All 25 or younger.

Then Choudhury and Justin on the bench, plus Ricardo Pereira and Perez at 26 just scraping that limit.

Part of me still hopes Iheanacho (23) to get more minutes and to come good, as well.

The future's bright, the future's Leicester.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1