Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

15 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That one attack about 6/7 minutes in in the first half was absolutely breathtaking. Cut them to shreds. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

Yep exactly. Despite being a mediocre performance, the style of play is identifiable, easy on the eye and already somewhat effective. 

If I was Top I’d be happy to bankroll the Rodgers era as the potential is there for all to see. 

• Like 1

Hard thought win, did ok in patches. Game management needs working on that last 10 minutes were hard to watch.

Still another 3 points and the real exciting thing is that there is still more to come from this team:scarf:

Great tribute to the chairman brought the tears back :cry: his legacy will go on for ever and rightly so.

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

:nigel:

Great result but very mediocre performance. I’m struggling to think who was MOTM - probably Ricardo on balance but I felt we were quite naive in that match throughout and think their second goal should have stood. But at the end of the day this was always going to be a big test and we passed regardless of if it was by hook or by crook.

We won’t always be at our best and to be fair overall the style of play was still quite good even if Soyuncu must have had about 500 touches from passes back to him. For me the biggest culprits today were Chilwell and Perez. Perez will get flamed on here for his terrible clearances but for me it was actually his lack of support in a forward role that concerns me. I was at the game and I feel he is too passive compared to Barnes and Gray who dared to take on their man and take a risk which was needed against a team like Burnley. 

What have we learned?

- We have a good manager that kept a young team composed to avoid a potential banana skin. 

- We have the capability to come from behind - that’s three times we’ve salvaged something already this season. 

- We have a good squad. I felt Praet and Gray positively influenced the game and there was no real standout performer though I was very impressed by Maddison when he was on. 

- We have a lot of room for improvement. From a coaching point of view Rodgers has done so much in a short space of time but this team still could improve another 20-30% easily IMO and given our league position that is super exciting!

Also shout out to @Foxhateram who having met twice in real life is now my all time favourite poster on FT! Top fella! 🤩

Cheers fella! Great to see you too! Will deffo need to meet up again before the season is out. Playing poorly and still winning is a sign of a very good team! 

Youri Tielemans! 

He's a star man.........

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, vanity said:

Thought this was an excellent test for us, delighted with 2 goals. It took an absolutely perfect cross to deliver Burnley's goal, but they deserved that one, and always fine if the other side is excellent on their goals, just hate when we defend poorly.

I do have to wonder how we cannot find the goal when we shoot. 19 shots, 3 on target? This is becoming increasingly frustrating. I think the reality is we don't have goal scorers up front on the wings and it is showing in our final product.

If we finish top-4, spend for Zaha. That is all I want. Zaha. Hell, the price prob won't be much different in winter window, how about in January? Offer 65 mill and Demari Gray, be done with it.

Rodgers, when we are defending well, and want to close out a win, how about not going to a formation we almost never play? 3 CBs CONFUSED EVERYONE. Stop overthinking. Play Maddison centrally. Keep playing Barnes wide, he demands attn other players do not. Keep playing Perez on the right for now, he isn't ideal but is our best attacking option there, keep spelling him.with Gray just like today, Gray is an impact substitute esp against a low block, he is one of our only players who can successfully beat his man and attack a packed box.

Well done boys. For V, let's keep after it.

Spending £65m+ on a player who is 27 years old  next month and who's best goalscoring output was last season when he scored 10, doesn't seem like good business to me. Hes not the answer we are looking for. I agree our wingers currently do not contribute  enough in goals and assists but we are definitely not at a panic stage where we should go and spend £65m on a player who probably wouldn't improve us massively. If we are spending £65m+ on a player then it would have to be a player who has similar output to what Mahrez had for us. Zaha would never get anywhere near Mahrez's numbers. We wait till summer and see if we are on Europe and see what players we can attract then in my opinion.  

Edited by jayfox26

By the sound of things we got the break with VAR that we didn't get against Liverpool. Couple of years ago they beat us up their with a blatant handball being missed. Dyche does want he does and does a good job at Burnley and does well with what he has got. Not a pretty side but no push over so take the win and any good fortune that goes with it. Good teams win when they don't play well  and always good to be able to improve a poor winning performance than a good losing one. Lots of reasons why this was going to be a tricky game so happy days. 

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Cheers fella! Great to see you too! Will deffo need to meet up again before the season is out. Playing poorly and still winning is a sign of a very good team! 

Youri Tielemans! 

He's a star man.........

Ha it’s funny with Tielemans as he quite inconsistent even with the same game! He scored the winner and also played the most dangerous and creative passes. But he also gives it away sloppily and got out of jail with VAR as that all came about due to him dawdling on the ball. 

But he has the quality. Had he not made that mistake I’d probably say he was our best player but as he did I can’t!

It shows you why he’s worth the money. Probably gets a 6/10 from me but yet he’s probably the difference between that being a win and not a draw. 

• Like 3

Not a perfect performance by any means but good to get the win. Some brilliant play at times, but some poor play as well. 

Have to say the crosses from Barnes and Gray were brilliant to set up both goals. Perez should've had a goal or at least hit the target with his chance. 

Assistant refs made some interesting decisions as well.

But mainly we've got 3 points when we've been far from our best.

Great result and 3 points.  Thought we should have brought on Hamza to stop the supply rather than Wes to deal with the cross. I’d have also brought on Albrighton instead of Gray, who I thought was poor apart from his involvement in the goal.  I saw him puffing and panting a few times. I really don’t think he can cut the mustard here. Cags struggles with big forwards who are good in the air but overall a good performance. Praet is a fantastic signing. We can look really exciting ....    :scarf:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great result and 3 points.  Thought we should have brought on Hamza to stop the supply rather than Wes to deal with the cross. I’d have also brought on Albrighton instead of Gray, who I thought was poor apart from his involvement in the goal.  I saw him puffing and panting a few times. I really don’t think he can cut the mustard here. Cags struggles with big forwards who are good in the air but overall a good performance. Praet is a fantastic signing. We can look really exciting ....    :scarf:

Have to say I disagree with you here. Bringing Wes on to help deal with the aerial presence we'd struggled with all game was a fairly sensible decision. Hamza would've been a good presence to have but wouldn't have helped alleviate the struggle we'd had in the air. 

Praet is a brilliant player though, absolute gem of a signing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I swear to you I’m not making this up - I’ve just seen Top get on board the train to London! Can’t blame him for taking the train given what we’ve all been mourning over today.

He always gets the train - wouldn’t be sitting in the same seats as you though strider ! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to say I disagree with you here. Bringing Wes on to help deal with the aerial presence we'd struggled with all game was a fairly sensible decision. Hamza would've been a good presence to have but wouldn't have helped alleviate the struggle we'd had in the air. 

Burnley didn’t make the last ten minutes an aerial bombardment though - they were cleverer than that .... we set our stall out and it didn’t happen which made us look uncomfortable 

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Agree about Praet ...   what a signing ...   always cool on the ball and looks up even before he gets the ball and knows what he is going to do with it ..   reminds me in some ways of Cambiasso. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He always gets the train - wouldn’t be sitting in the same seats as you though strider ! 

I’ll have you know the travel cushion I’ve brought with me and in ear headphones make my seat a relative paradise on an otherwise lacklustre East Midlands train service.

It’s Top that’s missing out! :whistle: