Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

For me that VAR decision is bang on. Surely irrelevant if Evans would’ve made the clearance or not if he’s fouled? Which I think he was. For the record, I think he would’ve made the clearance. Very soft but I think he clipped his ankle. Evans reaction says it all.

Am I being blindingly bias or? 

:nigel:

Great result but very mediocre performance. I’m struggling to think who was MOTM - probably Ricardo on balance but I felt we were quite naive in that match throughout and think their second goal should have stood. But at the end of the day this was always going to be a big test and we passed regardless of if it was by hook or by crook.

We won’t always be at our best and to be fair overall the style of play was still quite good even if Soyuncu must have had about 500 touches from passes back to him. For me the biggest culprits today were Chilwell and Perez. Perez will get flamed on here for his terrible clearances but for me it was actually his lack of support in a forward role that concerns me. I was at the game and I feel he is too passive compared to Barnes and Gray who dared to take on their man and take a risk which was needed against a team like Burnley. 

What have we learned?

- We have a good manager that kept a young team composed to avoid a potential banana skin. 

- We have the capability to come from behind - that’s three times we’ve salvaged something already this season. 

- We have a good squad. I felt Praet and Gray positively influenced the game and there was no real standout performer though I was very impressed by Maddison when he was on. 

- We have a lot of room for improvement. From a coaching point of view Rodgers has done so much in a short space of time but this team still could improve another 20-30% easily IMO and given our league position that is super exciting!

Also shout out to @Foxhateram who having met twice in real life is now my all time favourite poster on FT! Top fella! 🤩

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Great win but we were fortunate with that decision. Don’t understand 2 of the substitutions. Was Madder’s a tactical switch? cos if it was it was a bad call!

We scored right after that sub.

• Thanks 1

Guest BlueBrett
Just now, TJB-fox said:

For me that VAR decision is bang on. Surely irrelevant if Evans would’ve made the clearance or not if he’s fouled? Which I think he was. For the record, I think he would’ve made the clearance. Very soft but I think he clipped his ankle. Evans reaction says it all.

Am I being blindingly bias or? 

Not at all. The argument that he may not have cleared it so therefore the goal should stand despite the foul makes no sense whatsoever. I mean you could say that about virtually every single case of offside right, so are they supposed to stop disallowing goals when players stray off too or something? :huh: I think some people just lack mental clarity ha

3 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Not at all. The argument that he may not have cleared it so therefore the goal should stand despite the foul makes no sense whatsoever. I mean you could say that about virtually every single case of offside right, so are they supposed to stop disallowing goals when players stray off too or something? :huh: I think some people just lack mental clarity ha

Agreed. Clear and easy decision for me.

• Like 1