Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

1 minute ago, car1os said:

I see Garth Crooks is spouting some rollox...

"Sean Dyche is furious but it looks like is it is a push. You can see that Jonny Evans says straight away that he was pushed in the back. If he was not pushed, he would have cleared it. That's what VAR is for but for me that is a goal. I feel like that they have interpreted it wrong. I think Sean Dyche has every right to be furious."

So, hang on... if its a push, its a foul.  If he would have cleared it, it would not have been a goal.  So how has VAR got it wrong??

Crooks' comment is all over the place

4 minutes ago, car1os said:

I see Garth Crooks is spouting some rollox...

"Sean Dyche is furious but it looks like is it is a push. You can see that Jonny Evans says straight away that he was pushed in the back. If he was not pushed, he would have cleared it. That's what VAR is for but for me that is a goal. I feel like that they have interpreted it wrong. I think Sean Dyche has every right to be furious."

So, hang on... if its a push, its a foul.  If he would have cleared it, it would not have been a goal.  So how has VAR got it wrong??

i think it was gonna go in regardless of the foul. clear goal to me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve got to say the implementation of VAR in this league has been a joke. Best team did win today though and it does make up for the Liverpool pen a bit.

You wait till you see the Spurs game later, their equaliser was given, then came up on the screen no goal, then the ref checked again and have the goal.

Guest BlueBrett

VAR decision was spot on, don't understand the controversy at all. Showed a foul before the goal which the ref missed..so...??

Bitter pill for Burnley but just is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Gray looked a real livewire when he came on wish he could start like that.

He did to be fair...trouble is he forgets who he is and what he's doing there after about 10 minutes. Brain of a goldfish

Edited by Ecdysiast
spelling

Great win Vs an ultra defensive and organised, physical side. The fact we scored 2 against a massed defence shows how much we have come on. 

Fortunate with the VAR decision and hope to see Dyche seething. Good, because Burnley are one of the spawniest teams around!

Super happy right now, love this team.

Thought this was an excellent test for us, delighted with 2 goals. It took an absolutely perfect cross to deliver Burnley's goal, but they deserved that one, and always fine if the other side is excellent on their goals, just hate when we defend poorly.

I do have to wonder how we cannot find the goal when we shoot. 19 shots, 3 on target? This is becoming increasingly frustrating. I think the reality is we don't have goal scorers up front on the wings and it is showing in our final product.

If we finish top-4, spend for Zaha. That is all I want. Zaha. Hell, the price prob won't be much different in winter window, how about in January? Offer 65 mill and Demari Gray, be done with it.

Rodgers, when we are defending well, and want to close out a win, how about not going to a formation we almost never play? 3 CBs CONFUSED EVERYONE. Stop overthinking. Play Maddison centrally. Keep playing Barnes wide, he demands attn other players do not. Keep playing Perez on the right for now, he isn't ideal but is our best attacking option there, keep spelling him.with Gray just like today, Gray is an impact substitute esp against a low block, he is one of our only players who can successfully beat his man and attack a packed box.

Well done boys. For V, let's keep after it.

Edited by vanity
hate typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dyche moans at everything, he can do one.  Although I was impressed be Burnley, they really did work hard and the football wasn't all long ball, they did play abit.  Happy with the 3 points against a side I thought would bully us.

It was a clip, so it's a foul.

• Like 1